Page 297 of 308 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4606
    BANNED

The "multiple love interest" stuff could easily have been misleading to conceal the fact Peter and MJ would be the long-term couple.

Let's wait the first arc out before we make any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would think it odd if we ran into Peter/MJ troubles literally just after Spencer reconciles them. Give it a few more issues.
    I agree I meant more long-term. I suppose I am once burned twice shy when it comes to any meaningful reconciliation between these characters for reasons I've already stated.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree I meant more long-term. I suppose I am once burned twice shy when it comes to any meaningful reconciliation between these characters for reasons I've already stated.
    I do think we'll eventually see Peter and MJ break-up. And reconcile. And break-up. And reconcile. Over and over again under different creative teams.

Because that on-again/off-again thing is how comic books are.

(Yes, I said that when Peter/MJ were "off" and I'm saying it now that they appear to be back "on.")

But... I don't think Spencer would open his first issue on a callback to Fraction's Sensational Spider-Man Annual and end his first issue on Peter/MJ kissing (with Peter calling it "our story") if he wasn't planning on doing things with them throughout his run. I can't say what will happen definitively once Spencer run ends, but for now, they appear to be "on."

I imagine there will likely be ups-and-downs and relationship drama for them as a couple moving forward, but that's been the case even when they were married.

I think the difference now compared to, say, during the BND and beyond era is their is an investment in exploring and developing their relationship that we haven't had in the comics for years.

But I am curious if them getting back together will lead to Zdarksy's MJ proposal for Spec getting approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The "multiple love interest" stuff could easily have been misleading to conceal the fact Peter and MJ would be the long-term couple.

Let's wait the first arc out before we make any conclusions.
    That's always a fair way to do it, although I have to agree with others that I don't have much confidence in where this goes. This'll probably be one of those things where I'd need to wait a good while and see if there's a bait-and-switch before I'd consider collecting current run ASM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Frankly, I'm confused by what I've read in recent articles about this issue as the information contradicts earlier info about Spencer's upcoming run: i.e. "multiple love interests". As such, I will adopt a wait and see approach simply because Marvel has performed a bait & switch by teasing a true Peter & MJ reunion multiple times in recent years only to not go through with it. While I'm not a huge Spider Marriage (Peter/MJ) fan, I feel undoing the deal and the shadow it casts over the franchise by any means necessary would be a very good thing.
    He could have easily been lying. Wouldn't be the first time Spider-Man interviews (and Spencer interviews) have been misleading on what their book is actually about.

Its funny how everyone is pessimistic about the return of the MJ romance. Spidey fans must have gotten quite jaded in the decade after one more day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine there will likely be ups-and-downs and relationship drama for them as a couple moving forward, but that's been the case even when they were married.

I think the difference now compared to, say, during the BND and beyond era is their is an investment in exploring and developing their relationship that we haven't had in the comics for years.

But I am curious if them getting back together will lead to Zdarksy's MJ proposal for Spec getting approved.

what proposal would that be, please remind me. Im very curious

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    what proposal would that be, please remind me. Im very curious
    I believe he said in an interview that he pitched a story with Mary Jane and was waiting for approval on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Its funny how everyone is pessimistic about the return of the MJ romance. Spidey fans must have gotten quite jaded in the decade after one more day.
    We did but can you really blame us.

PAGE ONE of Brand New Day (by Slott btw) was Peter kissing some random woman and it was stated as being a 'reality slap' for fans.

What proceeded across 10 long years was a near annual barrage of shipteasing followed by rug pulling and or salt poured into our wound(s).

It was essentially professional trolling that wasn't even written well. Do you have any idea how many Peter/MJ 'break up' scenes we had to sit through. In Superior #31 MJ gave Peter a break up speech they weren't even dating! In fact SHE'D given him a break up speech several issues earlier and that was several issues after he/Otto had broken up with her in Superior #2.

I lost track of the number of explanations given as to why they couldn't be together to the point where it felt like they just shuffled a deck of cards each time and pulled one out. Even Spencer in this issue wasn't consistent with any of the explanations previously given, not that any of them actually made sense mind you.

Yeah we're jaded ( a week after Batman and Catwoman didn't get married no less) and even now I do not think the relationship will survive beyond Spencer's run if that.

But for now...I'm going to enjoy the ride and support it with my wallet to send the message that this is what I want.

BANNED

First page of Slott's first ASM story: Peter macking on some random woman in a nightclub.

Translation: Your ship is dead. Spider-Man is about youth and youth is about random hook ups. Deal with it nerds!

Last page of Spencer's first ASM story: Peter kissing his best friend/wife/long term partner he's known almost half his life and been through Hell with as they get back together.

Translation: get rekt Slott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do think we'll eventually see Peter and MJ break-up. And reconcile. And break-up. And reconcile. Over and over again under different creative teams.

Because that on-again/off-again thing is how comic books are.

(Yes, I said that when Peter/MJ were "off" and I'm saying it now that they appear to be back "on.")

But... I don't think Spencer would open his first issue on a callback to Fraction's Sensational Spider-Man Annual and end his first issue on Peter/MJ kissing (with Peter calling it "our story") if he wasn't planning on doing things with them throughout his run. I can't say what will happen definitively once Spencer run ends, but for now, they appear to be "on."
    On and off again isn't how all comics are neither here nor in other nations. Stop pretending it's an inherent state of being rather than just a narrative direction companies choose to take in much the same way years ago they chose to write female characters a certain way that they've abandoned since.

**** Lois and Clark weren't even really on and off. They were off for decades as the default status quo until the 80s when they began building towards something permanent that was merely dramatically paused until normal programming resumed in 2016

BANNED

Spencer essentially snapped his fingers and was like

"And now they will both act in character again"

And I'm totally cool with this.

Was it just me or was Peter's speech at the end there channeling JMS's marriage writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    He could have easily been lying. Wouldn't be the first time Spider-Man interviews (and Spencer interviews) have been misleading on what their book is actually about.
    The editor, Nick Lowe, wrote how they had to hide the twists and turns in the solicits and the previews, and so they probably wrote misleading copy on purpose to through off suspicion (such as Spidey getting the black suit, multiple love interests, etc.). He even mentioned in the issue that they will try their best to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    On and off again isn't how all comics are neither here nor in other nations. Stop pretending it's an inherent state of being rather than just a narrative direction companies choose to take in much the same way years ago they chose to write female characters a certain way that they've abandoned since.

**** Lois and Clark weren't even really on and off. They were off for decades as the default status quo until the 80s when they began building towards something permanent that was merely dramatically paused until normal programming resumed in 2016
    Lois and Clark were on-again/off-again. The New 52 era was off-again.

I said this same thing during Slott's run when I said Peter/MJ were on-again/off-again. Some people didn't believe me when I said they would be on-again someday. And I'm finding it ironic when other people don't believe me when I say they will someday be off-again.

(And I love Peter/MJ!)