Page 205 of 308 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    True. It's understandable, but potentially an odd choice to focus on an anecdote that has never been relevant to Mary Jane's life before, involving a character (Tony Stark) that has been meaningless at best to Mary Jane's life. (I'm not at all clear on whether MJ should in fact be resentful towards Tony Stark because of Civil War at this point.)

By the way: MJ says, "Before he hired me to be his executive assistant, I had met Tony Stark before." Well, yeah--Peter and MJ lived in Avengers Tower. It was referenced not that long ago.
    Not to mention there were already allegations she was having an affair with Tony while she was at Avengers Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've read MJ talk like a regular human being before. This is'nt one of those instances. Virtually nobody in this book talks like an actual human being.
    Well, they talk like Bendis humans .

At least the Stefano Casseli art is nice .

BANNED

That reminds me...there's a little hint about MJ and Tony even in the first issue of the RYV ongoing, when Annie suggests something about him, and MJ is quick to dismiss it with a bit of a temper.

Wonder what that was about?

That reminds me...there's a little hint about MJ and Tony even in the first issue of the RYV ongoing, when Annie suggests something about him, and MJ is quick to dismiss it with a bit of a temper.

Probably the same as the Spider-Girl reference. An in-joke .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention there were already allegations she was having an affair with Tony while she was at Avengers Tower.
    Extremely hurtful allegations, as I recall, completely unfounded and grotesquely slanderous.

Yet another reason it would be heinous to learn that MJ in fact had a secret sexual relationship with Tony and never told Peter about it when they moved to Avengers Tower. But I don't think that is going to happen.

Well, they talk like Bendis humans .
    I was about to say the exact same thing.

I'm not the biggest Bendis fanboy but the "ruined my moment" sentiment is not very different from something like MJ getting fired from her Broadway show in Spider-Man 3 and then walking out to be cheered by the applause, only to disappointingly realize it's for Spidey swinging overhead. It also seems to be meta commentary in a self-referential way on MJ's part that she is stuck being a civilian supporting character in stories revolving around superheroes no matter how hard she tries to "come into her own".

The resentment seems to be, and I'm theorizing here, as equally aimed at herself as it is at Peter because they couldn't make the relationship work. This is a person who still feels deeply about her ex-boyfriend and a part of her is still broken, no matter the brave face she puts on for the world. In a way it does seem very in line with the classic Conway characterization. But that's just my two cents.

And yeah, I'm with the folks who are sure she didn't sleep with Tony. That "Got your attention!" retort seemed to confirm it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm not the biggest Bendis fanboy but the "ruined my moment" sentiment is not very different from something like MJ getting fired from her Broadway show in Spider-Man 3 and then walking out to be cheered by the applause, only to disappointingly realize it's for Spidey swinging overhead. It also seems to be meta commentary in a self-referential way on MJ's part that she is stuck being a civilian supporting character in stories revolving around superheroes no matter how hard she tries to "come into her own".

The resentment seems to be, and I'm theorizing here, as equally aimed at herself as it is at Peter because they couldn't make the relationship work. This is a person who still feels deeply about her ex-boyfriend and a part of her is still broken, no matter the brave face she puts on for the world. In a way it does seem very in line with the classic Conway characterization. But that's just my two cents.

And yeah, I'm with the folks who are sure she didn't sleep with Tony. That "Got your attention!" retort seemed to confirm it as much.
    I'm with you. There are perfectly reasonable ways to understand this based on the snippet from the preview. I expect things will look better in full context.

I forgot about this. Is this what you're talking about, from the Rhino backup in #1?

Annie: "Can't you get Iron Man to fix it?"
    MJ: "Ha! That'll be the day."

I never would have read anything into that at all, except that Tony Stark is a punk. Which he is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    I forgot about this. Is this what you're talking about, from the Rhino backup in #1?

Annie: "Can't you get Iron Man to fix it?"
    MJ: "Ha! That'll be the day."

I never would have read anything into that at all, except that Tony Stark is a punk. Which he is.
    That's the one. It works as a meta comment, but since we know so little about the RYV world it could mean almost anything.

BANNED

Um..why is Peter unmasked in one of those panels?

Why does MJ look so much like Pepper Potts ?

BANNED

Why does MJ look so much like Pepper Potts ?
    At least Pepper got paid

Nothing makes any sense! #%$&#@%!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

More relevant question, why is Mr. Lynch such a smug, entitled corporate prat? "Rock star mommy"? "Supermodel girlfriend"? "Clearly hired for aesthetic purposes"? Yeah, I think Bendis got at least one character in there talking like a "real person" and it's the kind of "real person" whose sole function in life is to get rich(er) by s****ing all over the people he thinks are beneath him. Ugh. I actually hope Mary Jane kicks his @$$ at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    More relevant question, why is Mr. Lynch such a smug, entitled corporate prat? "Rock star mommy"? "Supermodel girlfriend"? "Clearly hired for aesthetic purposes"? Yeah, I think Bendis got at least one character in there talking like a "real person" and it's the kind of "real person" whose sole function in life is to get rich(er) by s****ing all over the people he thinks are beneath him. Ugh. I actually hope Mary Jane kicks his @$$ at some point.
    You can tell he's a bad guy because of all the bad guy things he says. Comeuppance, yes please.