Page 275 of 308 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Already video game MJ sounds better than post-OMD MJ.
    In all fairness that is a very low bar lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Already video game MJ sounds better than post-OMD MJ.
    Well, they act like she's never been a strong, capable, and drive woman before, so I guess their perception of comic MJ must be based around the later version .

You guys are aware that Slott and Gage are listed as writers on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    You guys are aware that Slott and Gage are listed as writers on the game?
    There's a lot I find ironic about this game given Slott was involved in the writing, though I think both he (and Gage) had to work within the parameters of what Insomniac wanted to do.

Spectacular Member

The game's lead writer is Jon Paquette, who previously worked on Insomniac's "Sunset Overdrive."

My guess is Christos Gage and Dan Slott are given writer credit because the story uses Mr. Negative and the game may have borrowed dialogue and situations from comic books written by Gage and Slott.

I remember reading somewhere from Slott whom mentioned Gage and Paquette co-wrote the story, with Gage is handling most of the dialogue, while Slott and Ben Arfmann did some tiny pick-ups on the scripts.

And I thought something like Renew Your Vows would dispel the thinking that Slott hates her. Because I don't think he does at all, it feels more to me that he thinks she's not as important or necessary than most others feel. Which if you still don't like that, that's perfectly fine and understandable, but that is a different thing than "he just hates her".

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    The game's lead writer is Jon Paquette, who previously worked on Insomniac's "Sunset Overdrive."

My guess is Christos Gage and Dan Slott are given writer credit because the story uses Mr. Negative and the game may have borrowed dialogue and situations from comic books written by Gage and Slott.
    I don't know how much work Slott put into this game, but judging by his twitter, Gage DEFINITELY put in quite a bit of work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I remember reading somewhere from Slott whom mentioned Gage and Paquette co-wrote the story, with Gage is handling most of the dialogue, while Slott and Ben Arfmann did some tiny pick-ups on the scripts.

And I thought something like Renew Your Vows would dispel the thinking that Slott hates her. Because I don't think he does at all, it feels more to me that he thinks she's not as important or necessary than most others feel. Which if you still don't like that, that's perfectly fine and understandable, but that is a different thing than "he just hates her".
    He's on record saying negative things about the character: Peter's love for her is "anti-Marvel" and all of her character development is wrong and she should have stayed a one dimensional party girl.

Let's say as this is the Mary Jane appreciation thread I doubt he would post in here.

He's on record saying negative things about the character: Peter's love for her is "anti-Marvel" and all of her character development is wrong and she should have stayed a one dimensional party girl.

Let's say as this is the Mary Jane appreciation thread I doubt he would post in here.
    I don't see this as completely hating on MJ, it's more so talking about why he feels Anna Maria as a love interest is more refreshing to see, and an interesting comparison between Otto and Peter. Although I will agree that the quote does create a very baseless interpretation of Peter's loves and relationships, but again, he isn't just referring to MJ with that, and also considering his response to the article, I would assume that means he regrets his word choice anyway.

He has made it clear numerous of times that he's never had a problem with Peter and MJ together, if he did then he never would have pushed so hard to make Renew Your Vows a thing. It's just that what I can tell from his past experiences talking about this, and from his own work, is that he personally doesn't think them being together is mandatory or completely necessary. It's not as connected to the core of Spider-Man and what he likes most about the book, in comparison to others. He doesn't feel he *has* to write them back together, because there's so many back issues and stories where they are, and then later when RYV became a full series, people could go there to get their fix.

Now again, if you disagree with this line of thinking, that is perfectly alright, but I think it's different then just him hating the character and perfectly writing her bad because he doesn't like her. Because that too would be discounting all the times he has written her very well. Inconsistency is just something that has effected all the characters, not just her.

And also, this is just my opinion of his interpretation, so I could be completely wrong how he feels. For me personally, the beginning of Go Down Swinging is the only time something he's done with her as annoyed me, but if it ends up leading to some kind of resolution or pay-off in 800 or 801, then I'll be fine with it.

I know that Comicsgate blogger you're citing (I've read and seen a lot of his posts and YouTube stuff). He's got an ax to grind against Slott (seriously, his YouTube channel and blog are stuffed with attack pieces on the guy) and twists things to fit the narrative he wants or buys into (whether intentionally or otherwise). He's also intellectually dishonest (most of his material do not hold up to any level of critical thinking, like this), and really seems to be out of touch with reality in some cases. He's also an unrepentant cyberbully and has defended other cyberbullies who belong to the Comicsgate conspiracy theory.

For full disclosure, I've had personal bad experiences with this guy before, so I'm not exactly a balanced source of opinion on him, but I haven't found him to be a credible source of information at all and, much like Captain America, I don't like bullies.

He has made it clear numerous of times that he's never had a problem with Peter and MJ together, if he did then he never would have pushed so hard to make Renew Your Vows a thing. It's just that what I can tell from his past experiences talking about this, and from his own work, is that he personally doesn't think them being together is mandatory or completely necessary. It's not as connected to the core of Spider-Man and what he likes most about the book, in comparison to others. He doesn't feel he *has* to write them back together, because there's so many back issues and stories where they are, and then later when RYV became a full series, people could go there to get their fix.

I think that's a good way to look at it. It seems like more of the rhubarbs that Slott and fans get into seem to revolve more or less around that. I think that both sides tend to be really thin-skinned and the Internet's instant reply ability and general lack of accountability brings out the worst in all of us anyways. (Personally, I really disagree with Slott's views on Spidey and don't really like his manners online, but I don't think he's wrong to like and write the Spidey that he did, just that it's got nothing to do with the Spidey I know and love. There should be room for both and all other iterations that fanbase members latch onto, otherwise we're just gatekeeping if we insist that our way is the only right way to have it.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

And also, this is just my opinion of his interpretation, so I could be completely wrong how he feels. For me personally, the beginning of Go Down Swinging is the only time something he's done with her as annoyed me, but if it ends up leading to some kind of resolution or pay-off in 800 or 801, then I'll be fine with it.
    I think if Spencer requested that his run start with Peter and MJ together, the outcome of ASM 797 would have been different and MJ would have come around to Peter. This is a situation similar to when JMS took over. The separation angle that lasted from 2001 to early 2003 was due to JMS directly requesting it so he could build to Peter and MJ coming together again and make the characters feel like they had earned something after a rough patch in their relationship. Spencer may feel the same. Peter and MJ are so damaged it requires a big long story to reconcile them.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Probably the most endearing MJ's been in months. Good job Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think if Spencer requested that his run start with Peter and MJ together, the outcome of ASM 797 would have been different and MJ would have come around to Peter. This is a situation similar to when JMS took over. The separation angle that lasted from 2001 to early 2003 was due to JMS directly requesting it so he could build to Peter and MJ coming together again and make the characters feel like they had earned something after a rough patch in their relationship. Spencer may feel the same. Peter and MJ are so damaged it requires a big long story to reconcile them.
    That's the right way to do it to be fair, if Peter and MJ got back together in #797, then it'd feel like some fanfiction due to how rushed and undeserving it'd be.