Page 296 of 308 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4606

So, how long until Spectacular can reference Spencer's first ASM?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Good question. Unless what Spencer is doing proves temporary, Chip should have the all-clear to tell his MJ stories now

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well...that didn't take long...

Now where's the swerve?
    I'm on board until the swerve. Just to show Marvel that the relationship (and especially the marriage) is worth sales, and screwing with it also screws with sales.

Agreed. Peter actually having a "my god, I exploited that doctorate" moment and then saying he came up with better theories than Doc Ock was my favorite of the multiple "take thats" to Slott's run.

MJ being there for Peter to vent was great, with Peter reflecting a lot on their time together, it wasn't all perfect either, he acknowledged the pitfalls in their relationship too and wasn't sure if him opening to MJ was a mistake or not.

I think getting back with MJ so quickly (and especially after what was said in "Go Down Swinging") felt more than a little jarring...but it does harken back to JMS' airport reunion speech. Seems all it takes to draw MJ back in is for Peter to say she's needed in his life.
    I thought the Peter/MJ stuff in Go Down Swinging was tied with the X-Men Gold #30 for "terrible writer explanation for editorial decisions." So I'm totally okay with ignoring/retconning it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm on board until the swerve. Just to show Marvel that the relationship (and especially the marriage) is worth sales, and screwing with it also screws with sales.

I thought the Peter/MJ stuff in Go Down Swinging was tied with the X-Men Gold #30 for "terrible writer explanation for editorial decisions." So I'm totally okay with ignoring/retconning it.
    I'm not complaining either, but as a writer myself, I do expect a level of flexibility to ensure there's a clearer transition.

For example, JMS made Mackie's maritial angst and reasons why MJ left Peter work within the context of his separation arc, he gave MJ valid reasons to be with Peter again and made them work for it. As glad as I am to see the back of it, I'd like to have seen Peter really cut through MJ's decade long stubborn streak...

...but maybe that's what the long narration was for.

cover variant mark brooks

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    where is that available?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Now I suppose. But I wouldn't expect it to happen until issue 311 (October), as there's been no spoilers in the solicits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

All I can say is....its about GodD@!#% time.....

In one issue Spencer deconstructed almost everything Slott was working towards during the last few years of his run. Subtle digs here, subtle digs there...Well done sir.

Well done.

I

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    where is that available?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlGRKfZA...d=vvvzg28r814m

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm not complaining either, but as a writer myself, I do expect a level of flexibility to ensure there's a clearer transition.

For example, JMS made Mackie's maritial angst and reasons why MJ left Peter work within the context of his separation arc, he gave MJ valid reasons to be with Peter again and made them work for it. As glad as I am to see the back of it, I'd like to have seen Peter really cut through MJ's decade long stubborn streak...

...but maybe that's what the long narration was for.
    Maybe I'm just used to it for titles like Wonder Woman, where they just trash everything that went before.

But I am curious about the thought process behind the writing - this is a good jumping on point (so far, I know it's just one issue) for people who left. I don't know what it's like for people who stayed or jumped on in the last ten years.

Cute! I got the variant in my store, because it was the same price, but I do love that they had to have secret variants because they knew having Peter/MJ on the cover would...sell more comics?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Question

Frankly, I'm confused by what I've read in recent articles about this issue as the information contradicts earlier info about Spencer's upcoming run: i.e. "multiple love interests". As such, I will adopt a wait and see approach simply because Marvel has performed a bait & switch by teasing a true Peter & MJ reunion multiple times in recent years only to not go through with it. While I'm not a huge Spider Marriage (Peter/MJ) fan, I feel undoing the deal and the shadow it casts over the franchise by any means necessary would be a very good thing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-11-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sweet, I especially like the tiger type teddy bear in the background, nice touch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Frankly, I'm confused by what I've read in recent articles about this issue as the information contradicts earlier info about Spencer's upcoming run: i.e. "multiple love interests". As such, I will adopt a wait and see approach simply because Marvel has performed a bait & switch by teasing a true Peter & MJ reunion multiple times in recent years only to not go through with it. While I'm not a huge Spider Marriage (Peter/MJ) fan, I feel undoing the deal and the shadow it casts over the franchise by any means necessary would be a very good thing.
    Maybe he was referring to the black cat when he mentioned multiple love interests
    He did say that Felicia will be making quite a mark in Peter's life in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Maybe he was referring to the black cat when he mentioned multiple love interests
    He did say that Felicia will be making quite a mark in Peter's life in the future.
    Maybe, although where I hear the phrase "multiple love interests" I think of many shifting relationships rather than a triangle.

I would think it odd if we ran into Peter/MJ troubles literally just after Spencer reconciles them. Give it a few more issues.