Page 16 of 308 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What's going on with her these days?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Dan doesn't seem to have any plans regarding MJ currently, if he does than he's keeping them close to his chest right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Dan doesn't seem to have any plans regarding MJ currently, if he does than he's keeping them close to his chest right now.
    Slott might have plans to marry off Mary Jane with her current boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that would be very unwise. There should always be the possibility of MJ returning as a romantic intrest for Spider-man even if the relationship is never realized.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    I think that would be very unwise. There should always be the possibility of MJ returning as a romantic intrest for Spider-man even if the relationship is never realized.
    I agree but I don't think Slott cares.

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    I suppose if Slott actually does that, they can always have Mephisto annul MJ's marriage in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I suppose if Slott actually does that, they can always have Mephisto annul MJ's marriage in the future.

Why would Mephisto do that?

It's not like Mary Jane would be involved with Peter to even care.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-11-2014 at 08:52 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The classic Slott move would be do do that, then have Pedro killed three months later.

Wouldn't totally surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    At the moment at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The classic Slott move would be do do that, then have Pedro killed three months later.
    That'd be one way to make her a potential love interest again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Why would Mephisto do that?

It's not like Mary Jane would be involved with Peter to even care.
    Boy, that's going to cause a lot of problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That'd be one way to make her a potential love interest again.
    Unless his death is at the heart of yet another Spidey battle/Parker tragedy. In which case look for it to push her away for a stretch

Remember the recent "100th anniversary" issue? Kingpin said something to the extent of MJ "always being out of reach", obviously the canon of the issue is slightly debatable but it could be a massive indicator of what Marvel prefer MJ to be.

As for her marrying Pedro on the rebound, it's exactly what I pictured Slott would do years back when MJ grabbed the flowers at the end of Issue 600. Slott planted a lot of seeds back then for his master plan and, should he stay on until 2017, what better way to rub salt in the wounds of fans than to take MJ 'off the market' in the anniversary year of OMD, which is also the 30th anniversary of Peter and MJ's marraige. That said, the Parker marraige will probably still be around in the newspaper strip by then, and I hope they acknowledge the milestone this time
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 09-12-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Unless his death is at the heart of yet another Spidey battle/Parker tragedy. In which case look for it to push her away for a stretch
    Hadn't considered that but yes that would be a way to make her push him away for a stretch. As for the 100th Anniversary issues I don't consider any of them as ''cannon'' whatsoever personally speaking though it could very well be an indicator of how Marvel prefers MJ to be.

BANNED

I doubt that we'll see Mary Jane as long as Slott's the writer. In fact, don't be surprise if he is given the power to marry off Mary Jane x Pedro Oliver. I think that Marvel has given Slott the power to do no wrong. On the otherhand, I did ask him if he ever consider doing the daily comic strip, and he said"No Thanks".
    Interestingly, back when Superior Spider-Man was running, Slott actually recommended the daily strip to anyone who was upset by what was going on in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    He should care especially as he believes it is greedy to allow Peter to marry and have kids as that is not letting the writers who come after to "play with the toys". Marrying MJ off is shutting down the option of her being a love interest for good. The only ways out are Pedro's death (incredibly cliched and stupid like the death of Terry Long), a divorce (less cliched but superhero comics tend to look down upon divorces, unless it a last resort situation like Storm and Black Panther) or MJ cheating on her husband (which... GOD!).

No matter what, marrying MJ off is as shortsighted as possible as it either closes the possibility of her being a love interest for good (in Slott's own assessment, a writer being greedy and not thinking of the people who come after) or the solutions of bringing her back as a potential love interest are all varying degrees of cliched and tacky. In short, another OMD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He should care especially as he believes it is greedy to allow Peter to marry and have kids as that is not letting the writers who come after to "play with the toys". Marrying MJ off is shutting down the option of her being a love interest for good. The only ways out are Pedro's death (incredibly cliched and stupid like the death of Terry Long), a divorce (less cliched but superhero comics tend to look down upon divorces, unless it a last resort situation like Storm and Black Panther).
    Keep also in mind that MJ did say to Peter in the Sensational annual that marraige did mean a lot to her and it was not just something to do between other marraiges, so Pedro would have to be the one to serve her with any papers if they were hitched should he eventually realize MJ is clearly only with him because he reminds her of Peter

I'd be all for cosmic retcon annualing a potential marraige to Pedro and somehow restoring her and Peters', but do you have them retain the memories of both timelines like Amy Pond in Doctor Who?
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 09-12-2014 at 09:38 AM.