Page 22 of 308 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

If that horrid Ultimate cartoon is anything to go by, then it is clear as day that Marvel couldn't care less for MJ or any other Spidey love interest. So I can totally see them sidelining the romance/love interest(s) if they get the rights.

That daily strip on the other hand is the gift that just keeps on giving! MJ just described her Marvella situation as being stuck in "a free-for-all between Electro, Dr. Octopus and the Lizard!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That daily strip on the other hand is the gift that just keeps on giving! MJ just described her Marvella situation as being stuck in "a free-for-all between Electro, Dr. Octopus and the Lizard!"
    I loved that! The image of Peter being a proper couch potato munching down on crisps lazily still in costume was hilariously great too
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-13-2014 at 04:43 AM.

BANNED

One of the finer Peter/MJ stories, Kraven's Last Hunt, has been discussed in the leaked Sony e-mails as a potential film relaunch project for Spidey. In the e-mail, Jeff Robinov, puts special emphasis on Peter's love for MJ and how she deals with his absence in the story.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112362

Has Mary Jane showed up in spiderverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Has Mary Jane showed up in spiderverse?
    A couple of different MJs have shown up in Spider-Verse.

But if you mean the 616 MJ? She has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    A couple of different MJs have shown up in Spider-Verse.

But if you mean the 616 MJ? She has not.
    I know MC2 Mary Jane died when the inheritors attack their home. I think the was a Mary Jane that witness her Spiderman get killed.

There was a Mary-Jane in a 2099 tie-in, in a relationship with an alternate Miguel, and I believe she witnessed Morlun killing him.

BANNED

Today's daily strip was pretty funny, "I bet Angelina never had to wait for Brad to stop a carjacking"

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I know MC2 Mary Jane died when the inheritors attack their home. I think the was a Mary Jane that witness her Spiderman get killed.
    We did'nt see a body, just heard a scream. The only confirmed fatality so far from MC2 is her husband as we definitely did see a body.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-14-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If that horrid Ultimate cartoon is anything to go by, then it is clear as day that Marvel couldn't care less for MJ or any other Spidey love interest. So I can totally see them sidelining the romance/love interest(s) if they get the rights.
    To be fair they are also getting away from the street level nature and going towards the team-building and SHIELD influence.
    Marvel is just appealing to a younger generation, so they are choosing to follow classic ideas.

BANNED

More from the newspapers:

So Mysterio arranged a carjacking to see if Spidey was in close contact with MJ, definitely confirming the ol' Fish Bowel is up to something involving her movie (though he was unable to correctly deduce Spidey was Peter as a result). Peter's aware someone's watching over him and his wife via Spider-Sense (one of the few instances in this strip of the thing being sodding useful, rofl). Really loving this story, always great to crossover MJ's world with Peter's usual antics.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-20-2014 at 05:13 AM.

BANNED

Damn man, somewhere thousands of alternate Spider-Men are facing mortal danger and that reliable ol' daily dog just has to get lucky when everyone else is miserable...

Merry Christmas Pete and MJ
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-23-2014 at 10:36 AM.

BANNED

Default "Face It Tiger...", Mary Jane Watson/Parker Appreciation

This is an article from last year, but I felt I should share it in case anyone hasn't seen it. One of the biggest criticisms of Mary Jane is that it doesn't make sense for Peter to be dating a supermodel, and this article does a wonderful job at pointing out the hypocrisy in that argument: http://www.fempop.com/2013/03/15/pet...so-ridiculous/

The only thing you need to say about the Peter/MJ pairing is "it was approved by Stan Lee."

Lively and Optimistic lone_wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    This is an article from last year, but I felt I should share it in case anyone hasn't seen it. One of the biggest criticisms of Mary Jane is that it doesn't make sense for Peter to be dating a supermodel, and this article does a wonderful job at pointing out the hypocrisy in that argument: http://www.fempop.com/2013/03/15/pet...so-ridiculous/
    Great article. Though kind of tiresome hearing from others that Peter himself wasn't much to look at. Stan himself pointed out that Peter was attractive in one of the wedding issues. That's my only beef with the article but may have to do a reread when I'm actually not busy since I might have skipped some things. But everything else is great!

--Wolfie
    Visual Development and Storyboard Portfolio
    http://www.imxprs.com/free/wolfie74/mj

"Animators are actors with pencils"
    --Glen Keane