Page 10 of 308 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

"Can the corn, Peter." (Spidey Super Stories, the issue with the Thanos Copter)

By Agnes Garbowska:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I meant when Peter and MJ were together.
    Hmmm I think on a valentine special from the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wasn't she the designated character to push Carlie down Peter (and the reader's) throat throughout much of Big Time? She also gave Gwen this advice about men:

One of my favorites pages from a strange ASM issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    One of my favorites pages from a strange ASM issue.
    That right there perfectly illustrates how MJ was a far better fit for Peter's lifestyle than Gwen. And this was from Stan himself.

BANNED

Here are a couple of fanart drawings I did of Spidey and Mary Jane for my Deviantart page.

http://robertmacquarrie1.deviantart....390335610?hf=1

http://robertmacquarrie1.deviantart....434163951?hf=1

Lol I'm pretty sure MJ didn't mean it in such a straight way either. That Peter face! Also, is MJ the only person who can rock yellow lipstick?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    MJ had a goal. She wasn't an actress yet, but she wanted to be one. This was very similar to Peter. Peter wanted to be a biologist, but he wasn't yet. That gave him a goal to work towards as well. Which gives a lot more depth and characterization than other characters normally get. It was a good foundation to work from. It gave creators a through line that helped ground her character over the course of her history.
    The best thing is the daily strips have stuck with that intent of MJ's and soundly developed it and in this decade it finally has a pay-off. MJ is now renowned for her acting and she's made a small fortune based off her play called Picture Perfect , she's even toured Florida with it, and she's making firm plans to move into a bigger house with Peter at some point. Mind you, this intention was outlined about three years ago and they have'nt gone through with it yet.

There was a pretty funny moment a few months back where Peter was complimenting quitting the Bugle and MJ told him they reallisticly could continue to live off her own wages because of her play's revenue, Peter's pride suddenly kicked in and he changed his mind, and MJ thought to herself "knew that would snap him out of it". That playfully manipulitive side of MJ, knowing exactly what kind of psychological trick to play to lift her husband's spirits up, was certaingly appreciated by me

It could either mean that there's zero chance, or that there is a chance and that Brevoort is about to be contradicted. Again.
    I'd say he already is. With Mayday scheduled for Spider-Verse, the legacy of the marraige will be finding it's way back into the regular comics again, and the simple fact the dailys have went seven years non-stop with Peter and MJ together shows it's all hollow words.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Howie View Post
    You know, at this point I just treat Spider-Girl as the real ending of Peter Parker and MJ's relationship and treat OMD and beyond as the alternate continuity]
    Treating OMD and anything after that as canon of any kind isn't even a thought I entertain myself with. That's how garbage it is. I go with how the dailys approached the idea of Peter being single again in 2009...it's a dream one can easily wake up from

Didn't Quesada himself view Spider-Girl as the "natural continuation" of the story anyway? I remember he was describing it as that while he hyping the book after OMD was published trying to convince readers to turn over to that if they wanted an advanced Peter Parker, which of course backfired because Peter was'nt the star and was retired.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 06-08-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Can the corn, Peter." (Spidey Super Stories, the issue with the Thanos Copter)

By Agnes Garbowska:

Which comic is that from? Is she talking about Felicia there?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The poster put down it's from the Super Spidey Stories. http://www.comicvine.com/spidey-supe...ies/4050-2702/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That's Greer Grant when she was The Cat(Before she became Tigra). If The Cat was carried over into the pages of Spider-Man, there wouldn't be a Black Cat! LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Didn't Quesada himself view Spider-Girl as the "natural continuation" of the story anyway? I remember he was describing it as that while he hyping the book after OMD was published trying to convince readers to turn over to that if they wanted an advanced Peter Parker, which of course backfired because Peter was'nt the star and was retired.
    Remember that Spider-Girl takes place in the MC2 Universe. And it might have been nice if Peter's relationships(post-OMD) was as interesting as it was with MJ. But thus far, Marvel has done a very poor job with establishing the sort of relationships with Peter that would make the stories interesting. First, they downgraded Felicia's development with Peter, as well as their stupid policy that Spider-Man can't date a super heroine. And they do not want Peter to date Betty Brant or Liz Allan because one is a divorcee while the other is a single mother. This was the moment to make things interesting. Instead, we get a string of forgettable relationships. The only one that came close to holding anyone's interest was Carol Danvers which Marvel had shot down because she's a superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I'd say he already is. With Mayday scheduled for Spider-Verse, the legacy of the marraige will be finding it's way back into the regular comics again, and the simple fact the dailys have went seven years non-stop with Peter and MJ together shows it's all hollow words.
    I think it's more of the fact that pretty much everyone kind of accepts the fact that OMD is a bad story and is outright ignoring it, even when talking about Spider-Man, is a sign that Breevort's position is either a losing battle, or he doesn't speak for the majority of creative individuals.

I remember seeing an episode of this series called "Ink" up in Canada, and it spoke about Spider-Man and his marriage to MJ. Now, this series was created after 2007, but at no point did they mention OMD. It was "Spider-Man got married," and didn't mention anything after that in regards to the end of their relationship.

I don't think the acceptance of OMD is as widespread as Breevort or Slott or Wacker or others would like us to believe. I think that, given the strong reaction it still incites, that there are very few that regard it as not being monumentally stupid and harmful to the reputation of the character. I think it will be sooner, rather than later, that we'll see this issue addressed. But I highly doubt that it's "Pretty close to nil" as Breevort insists. That sounds less like a "This is what we all believe" type of statement and more of a "Please stop asking about this because we want to do other things, and don't want to have to bring back something I don't personally like."

Astonishing Member

I don't think the acceptance of OMD is as widespread as Breevort or Slott or Wacker or others would like us to believe. I think that, given the strong reaction it still incites, that there are very few that regard it as not being monumentally stupid and harmful to the reputation of the character. I think it will be sooner, rather than later, that we'll see this issue addressed. But I highly doubt that it's "Pretty close to nil" as Breevort insists. That sounds less like a "This is what we all believe" type of statement and more of a "Please stop asking about this because we want to do other things, and don't want to have to bring back something I don't personally like."
    I think that after the break up of Peter's relationship with Mary Jane, Marvel should have used that opportunity to establish his relationship with Betty Brant and Liz Allan, followed by Felicia Hardy, Carol Danvers, Silver Sable, Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanov, Betsy Braddock, and Jennifer Walters. The goal could have been to develop Peter's friendship with the said ladies in a manner that was done with Carol Danvers and Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD)by keeping things at the friends level and establish a foundation for other writers to follow and pick which one of the ladies that they want to use for their stories.

Initially, I was expecting more development with Silver Sable x Spider-Man, as well as Spider-Man x Carol Danvers as far as their respective friendship with Spidey goes. But then I thought:"Wouldn't be a good idea for Marvel to re-establish a long forgotten friendship/partnership with Spider-Man x Jessica Drew and Spider-Man x Black Widow". Afterall, the Black Widow and Jessica Drew should have been two of Spider-Man's closest allies/friends prior to meeting the Black Cat. And on the Peter Parker side, it might have been interesting to see him establish a friendship with Jennifer Walters and Betsy Braddock before the became super heroines.

I would say that it might have been better received if Marvel would just develop Peter's friendships than his romantic relationships because it keeps things interesting.

As for Spider-Girl, I sat if Marvel wants to bring an alternate Spider-Girl, let it be a child whose related to Peter Parker but with a different mother like Natasha Romanov, Jessica Drew, or Felicia Hardy respectively. Keep MC2 Mayday Parker in her own universe....