Page 101 of 308 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4606
    Ultimate Member

So then she can work with a guy who is probably constantly imagining her in her underwear or less sitting on his couch and/or bed...

Ultimate Member

I said that the idea has potential, not that it'd ultimately work necessarily. And who says that they HAVE to do it like that, besides lazy writers? And at least then, she'd have her own thing going on outside of just Peter. Heck the "MJ owns a nightclub idea" was cool imo, but they didn't do much with it and then just blew it up. Waste of potential.

Ultimate Member

It's just that was how many thought it would go and it probably will to some degree sooner or later as it's just who Tony is in many respects...

With the casting of Tyne Daly in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Moviebob went on twitter and expressed his thought that she was playing Anna Watson. This led him to discuss MJ and her introduction into the Spider-Man narrative.

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...74205856010240

Here's the thing: I cannot conceive a Marvel Studios SPIDER-MAN movie that doesn't use "Face it, Tiger..." as a post-credits scene.
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...74450853625857

It just aligns too perfectly with audience expectations, Marvel's house style and the "back to the comics" studio-mantra.
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...74872234446848

@the_moviebob MJ has to be cast in secret for this to have the most impact.

Also this.
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...75058641829889

Context: In the comics, "Aunt May is trying to set Peter up with an unseen girl" was a running story for MONTHS of continuity...
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...75260551499776

...playing on the idea of "No high-school teenager wants to date his elderly aunt's idea of a 'nice girl;'" the payoff being...
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...75604840882176

...that Peter FINALLY opens the door to greet her... and it's this *stunning* redhead in tight-jeans with 60s-huge - um... "personality"...
    https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...76027589001216

...whose introductory line is, effectively, "Yeah, you are absolutely getting laid."
    I do agree that we can't discount the role that sex plays into the Peter/MJ dynamic. A lot of the Marvel movie romances have felt kind of PG. I don't think we're expecting some hardcore sex scene between Peter and whoever they cast as MJ. But something with a bit more impact than the usual Marvel romance is how it should be played, IMO.

I agree that, if they're including the "Face it Tiger..." moment as a post-credits scene or a stinger, then they have to keep MJ's casting and her role in the movie a secret for the full impact of the moment like in the comics and cartoons.

It's going to be interesting to see how they handle Peter's relationships in the movies. They're styling Homecoming after a John Hughes movie, so they'll probably be a lot of teen drama, but I do wonder how big romance will factor into Spider-Man over the course of his new movie franchise and compared to other MCU films. Especially depending on how long they keep Tom Holland going as Spidey.

Wasn't it rumored or part of the leaks that Marvel Studios was planning to downplay romance in Spider-Man after the Raimi movies and the Amazing franchise?

I can't imagine Marvel using "Face it Tiger..." as a post credit scene. As cool as that would be to comic fans, the general audience wouldn't care at all. And the general audience is the majority in this case.

Iron Man 11 Preview

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given I've been mentioning it on another thread I just curious what other MJ fans might think if it does turn out that Tony Stark is her half brother because his biological parents are the Watsons (or at least her drunken dead beat dad anyway)?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I can't imagine Marvel using "Face it Tiger..." as a post credit scene. As cool as that would be to comic fans, the general audience wouldn't care at all. And the general audience is the majority in this case.
    It doesn't need to be a post-credits scene. It should be the last scene of the actual movie itself. It's an incredibly fun way to end a superhero movie, and it will get people chattering for sure, as even the general audience are more or less familiar with Mary Jane from the Raimi films, the musical and the newspaper strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given I've been mentioning it on another thread I just curious what other MJ fans might think if it does turn out that Tony Stark is her half brother because his biological parents are the Watsons (or at least her drunken dead beat dad anyway)?
    I think Bendis shot down that theory some time back. It would be incredibly hilarious if true though and would shine a spotlight on the Watsons like never before in the MU. I always wanted to know more about deadbeat loser Phil, Gail and her failing marriage, and what Anna's relationship with her brother was like. Plus, more on how her mother's death affected MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Iron Jane Amazing Spiderman 15 PREVIEW
    I so can't wait until the fan art and other potential wallpaper material start pouring out from this. I'm keeping my optimism for this one, it "feels right" to have her evolve this way. I only wish we weren't already so crowded with spider women ATM that makes it less likely that she could get a spin off because this is way better than Spider Gwen which is basically "let this alternate universe survive SW because that costume hit off way better than we thought so we have to capitalize".

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I disagree. "Face it Tiger" has been as Much Mary Jane's coined phrase as Uncle Ben and "with great power". It's been used in the movies a LOT, and I think it would be immediately recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I disagree. "Face it Tiger" has been as Much Mary Jane's coined phrase as Uncle Ben and "with great power". It's been used in the movies a LOT, and I think it would be immediately recognized.
    Not to mention we now live in a social media age where if something of that sort were to happen, Facebook feeds would be crowded with "What you need to know about that last scene/post-credits scene from Spider-Man: Homecoming" Buzzfeed type articles, ensuring even general audiences who aren't familiar with the significance of the line will get educated pretty quickly. It is bound to produce good marketing and hype post-release, which is great for repeat business.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It doesn't need to be a post-credits scene. It should be the last scene of the actual movie itself. It's an incredibly fun way to end a superhero movie, and it will get people chattering for sure, as even the general audience are more or less familiar with Mary Jane from the Raimi films, the musical and the newspaper strip.
    I think it would work great as the last scene of the film but not as a post credit scene. If this was a more self contained Spider-Man film, like the Raimi films, they could get away with that. But in a Spider-Man world where Peter's interacting with The Avengers, I don't think the audience would care about a scene teasing Mary Jane in the end credits.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    The "Great Power..." phrase was known to comic fans for a while but didn't become a big thing until the movies started using them. The movies never used the "Face it, Tiger..." scene though, so I don't think it would be as recognizable to non comic book fans.

The 90's cartoon and Spectacular Spider-Man both used "Face it Tiger..." to introduce Mary Jane.