Page 102 of 308 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    The "Great Power..." phrase was known to comic fans for a while but didn't become a big thing until the movies started using them. The movies never used the "Face it, Tiger..." scene though, so I don't think it would be as recognizable to non comic book fans.
    Marvel's made it their business to bring the sentiments of a comic book world to mainstream movie audiences. We have a movie with a freakin' Celestial in it. I think if Marvel wants, it can work "Face it, tiger" into a movie.

Spectacular Member

I can't imagine Marvel using "Face it Tiger..." as a post credit scene. As cool as that would be to comic fans, the general audience wouldn't care at all. And the general audience is the majority in this case.
    Except there is precedent for it. Who in the general audience at the time knew or cared about Nick Fury and the Avengers initiative? Who in the general audience knew who the Collector is? Who in the general audience cares about Howard the Duck now? Who knew or cared at the time about the Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver? Yet those were all post credits scene. It would create interest in the next Spider-Man film.

RE: Iron Man #11

I'm looking forward to this far more than I'm looking forward to a Dan Slott-written ASM 15. Expectations are set at rock bottom for ASM.
    Last edited by MJS; 07-01-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Except there is precedent for it. Who in the general audience at the time knew or cared about Nick Fury and the Avengers initiative? Who in the general audience knew who the Collector is? Who in the general audience cares about Howard the Duck now? Who knew or cared at the time about the Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver? Yet those were all post credits scene. It would create interest in the next Spider-Man film.

RE: Iron Man #11

I'm looking forward to this far more than I'm looking forward to a Dan Slott-written ASM 15. Expectations are set at rock bottom for ASM.
    Points well-made, and while I am hoping that Dan Slott can get out of his own way long enough to write Mary Jane with even half the caliber she deserves, I have to admit that MJ taking charge in Invincible Iron Man #11 and not taking s*** from a bunch of corporate chauvinists in that one page proves Bendis has a more functional understanding of her character than it seems Slott does a lot of the time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The "Great Power..." phrase was known to comic fans for a while but didn't become a big thing until the movies started using them. The movies never used the "Face it, Tiger..." scene though, so I don't think it would be as recognizable to non comic book fans.
    Uh, did you never watch Sam Raimi's Spiderman story? "Tiger" being MJs "pet name" for Peter is well WELL known. They may not know the exact comic panel reference, but it's iconic enough to let them in on the ride as is ... which is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkF3VBqYRB8
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 07-01-2016 at 05:30 PM.

A live action version of this:

1maryjanefinal.jpg

Would be the bees knees. It's one of Marvel's most iconic intros and lines, why the hell wouldn't they do it now that they've got Spider-man back (somewhat)?

So...after the underwhelming ASM #15 and MJ promptly leaving the Spider-Man books (again) for who knows how long, what are people's expectations for Mary Jane going forward into the new Marvel Now!? Especially with the recent Iron Man relaunch announcement?

I have to assume Invincible will still be the only book where we'll really get to see her regularly, and Bendis will continue developing her new role in Stark Industries, and if something happens to Tony at the end of Civil War II then I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow ends up running Stark Industries. That might be interesting to see. And Invincible having and focusing on Mary Jane would legitimately be the only thing that would interest me about that title.

Then again, with Bendis' decompression and glacial pacing, it might be months before we see anything substantial with MJ .

Also, it was nice to see her cameo in Uncanny Inhumans .

And I really hope we get Mary Jane in the MCU Spider-Man, if only so we can get some strong, positive, and big depictions of her in the movies and have that trickle into the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also, it was nice to see her cameo in Uncanny Inhumans .
    So MJ working for Stark Industries actually accomplished the thing her establishing MJ's in Manhattan was meant to do but couldn't. Get her cameos in other Marvel titles:

Somebody clarify again what was MJ's major in college? Did she finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So MJ working for Stark Industries actually accomplished the thing her establishing MJ's in Manhattan was meant to do but couldn't. Get her cameos in other Marvel titles:

Granted, it's just one appearance, so we'll see how widespread she ends up getting in her new position. The fact that Soule likes the character (I believe), probably helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Wasn't it theater?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, it's just one appearance, so we'll see how widespread she ends up getting in her new position. The fact that Soule likes the character (I believe), probably helps.

Wasn't it theater?
    Yeah, and then psychology when she returned to college in the post-Clone Saga comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

She never completed her degree cause she went back to modelling, starting off the Mackie run.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

BANNED

with what happened happened back in the last 2 issues of ASM do you think MJ would continue to hate on peter for everything he does. like she's nice to everyone but when it involves peter she's a bit cold towards him so do you think that streak will continue? because if she teams up with peter criticizing him for everything he does it'd get really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    with what happened happened back in the last 2 issues of ASM do you think MJ would continue to hate on peter for everything he does. like she's nice to everyone but when it involves peter she's a bit cold towards him so do you think that streak will continue? because if she teams up with peter criticizing him for everything he does it'd get really annoying.
    I mean I've held the mindset that Slott just left all that drama concerning their relationship on the back burner for a lot of different reasons.
    -The hassle it was to break them up
    -How repetitive the story of them being a couple
    -How Slott wants to tell new and different stories, which is much more of Marvel's mantra now.
    -How you need a set-up of how to break them up for the next writer, considering it would be unfair for the next creative team to break them up and deal with all the hate that comes with it.

Like RYV really fits the bill of a new story that hasn't been told, Peter and his family that's young dealing with bad guys together. The story had nothing to do with Peter and MJ's relationship at all, but more of what their relationship will lead to.

So really I expect maybe 2022 is when you should expect a story of them being in a relationship again. Like the Clone saga that ended in 1996 hasn't had a sequel till now which is 2016.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I mean I've held the mindset that Slott just left all that drama concerning their relationship on the back burner for a lot of different reasons.
    -The hassle it was to break them up
    -How repetitive the story of them being a couple
    -How Slott wants to tell new and different stories, which is much more of Marvel's mantra now.
    -How you need a set-up of how to break them up for the next writer, considering it would be unfair for the next creative team to break them up and deal with all the hate that comes with it.

Like RYV really fits the bill of a new story that hasn't been told, Peter and his family that's young dealing with bad guys together. The story had nothing to do with Peter and MJ's relationship at all, but more of what their relationship will lead to.

So really I expect maybe 2022 is when you should expect a story of them being in a relationship again. Like the Clone saga that ended in 1996 hasn't had a sequel till now which is 2016.
    RNYVs was actually really. it's such a great piece of storytelling bout their relationship in the most organic ways. while's i'm upset that we didn't have may day parker in this it was actually a smart move acknowledging that this is a different universe. though i would've preferred it taking place after Matt Fractions run as it would've just been a tribute to the possible continuation. if Quesada and some of the other creators at Marvel didn't interefere with the couple's involvement we would've seen how they can handle themselves through and through.

BANNED

Because YOU demanded it: Here's Mary Jane in Marvel Avengers Academy mobile game.

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 07-08-2016 at 09:05 PM.