Page 105 of 308 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4606
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So MJ and Peter are together in Avengers Academy. That's nice. And she's reappeared in Ultimate Spider-Man's Symbiote Saga after pretty much an entire season (and a half) of being absent from that show. And we're getting Renew Your Vows II. Wonder where Marvel NOW! and The Clone Conspiracy are going to leave (or put) them in canon, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And, as terrible as the event has been so far, she's made 2 appearances in Civil War II, which I guess is the net positive of falling under Bendis' purview and the Iron Man franchise when he's a central character in the event.

I mean, when was the last time Mary Jane warranted an appearance in a major, Marvel, event book? The original Civil War?
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-18-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And, as terrible as the event has been so far, she's made 2 appearances in Civil War II, which I guess is the net positive of falling under Bendis' purview and the Iron Man franchise when he's a central character in the event.

I mean, when was the last time Mar Jane warranted an appearance in a major, Marvel, event book? The original Civil War?
    And a cameo in Charles Soule's Uncanny Inhumans alongside Tony, since Medusa and company were meeting him and the Avengers at Stark Industries.

For what it's worth, the latest Ultimate Spider-Man episode had what's probably the most romantic moment between MJ and Peter in the entire series, and I think the first time Mary Jane has ever called Peter "Tiger" in the cartoon.

It also had Mary Jane bonded with the Carnage Symbiote and turned into the deadly Carnage Queen, which was...interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For what it's worth, the latest Ultimate Spider-Man episode had what's probably the most romantic moment between MJ and Peter in the entire series, and I think the first time Mary Jane has ever called Peter "Tiger" in the cartoon.

It also had Mary Jane bonded with the Carnage Symbiote and turned into the deadly Carnage Queen, which was...interesting .
    Supremely interesting. I can't be mad at Flash. "I like what I like." And yes, I know what you're talking about with that moment, I was actually on the verge of shouting at the screen, "KISS!" Hmm, considering that spoilers:
    a bit of the Carnage symbiote is still inside Mary Jane, who else is wondering how it'll manifest later down the line? As Spider-Woman, perhaps?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Looks like Mary Jane will be joining the Marvel Legends lineup! There have been a couple legends style figures based on the film version, but this will be the first one based on comic MJ.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/23/sd...ve-blog-215752

I thought we might get one of her in the iron-spider suit (to go along with all of the spider-people they have been releasing), but regular ol' civilian MJ with a new sculpt is pretty awesome! I've been tempted to jump back into collecting based on the quality of the recent Spider-man figures and I think this just sealed the deal for me.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 07-24-2016 at 03:35 AM.

What's on your thoughts of the Carnage Queen? I like the idea of a Carnage with a hive queen persona.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    What's on your thoughts of the Carnage Queen? I like the idea of a Carnage with a hive queen persona.
    is Mary Jane gonna be influenced by the Carnage Symbiote ?

BANNED

Happy Birthday Colleen Doran!!!

Spidey and MJ's wedding by Colleen Doran (lineart) and Val Trullinger

Colleen Doran; "Left: ME Right: My drawing of Mary Jane in an issue of Spider-Man. So don't tell me I draw unrealistically fab hair."

Amazing Spider-Man #326 Writer: David Michelinie, Pencils: Colleen Doran

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    is Mary Jane gonna be influenced by the Carnage Symbiote ?
    It's entirely possible, seeing as how a piece of it was still with her in the end, much like with Harry and the Venom symbiote throughout the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man. As for MJ as the Carnage Queen, I am with Flash/Agent Venom. Totally liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Spidey and MJ's wedding by Colleen Doran (lineart) and Val Trullinger

Colleen Doran; "Left: ME Right: My drawing of Mary Jane in an issue of Spider-Man. So don't tell me I draw unrealistically fab hair."

Amazing!

BANNED

Speaking of Colleen . i think that Colleen Clinkenbeard would be the perfect Mary Jane Watson . her role as Anzu from Prison School convinced me otherwise .

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

So Colleen Doran gave MJ the big 80's hair makeover and not MacFarlane? Interesting. Btw, how many of these Michelinie issues have been collected and in what collections? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So Colleen Doran gave MJ the big 80's hair makeover and not MacFarlane? Interesting. Btw, how many of these Michelinie issues have been collected and in what collections? Thanks in advance.
    Here's Mary Jane from Amazing Spider-Man #300, about two years earlier.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/627796dde...16be1_1280.jpg

Many of the Michelinie issues have been collected in a Todd McFarlane omnibus, the wedding TPB and the epic collections Return of the Sinister Six, Cosmic Adventures and Round Robin. That collects Amazing Spider-Man #292-293, 298-360.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I know the Epic Collections "Round Robin" and "Cosmic Adventures" had a lot of the Micheline issues.

http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-mary-jane-watson/

Comicsalliance tribute to MJ. With a lovely final paragraph that really brings home what the character means.

Mary Jane is in a tier of supporting characters that just make a book better, and who can always stand on their own away from the adventures of the heroes. Her role in the 2010s proved that she doesn’t need to be with Spider-Man, or even in a Spider-Man book to be defined as a character, and that’s an extremely rare feat for a love interest that was introduced “just for fun.”