Page 13 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Lois and Clark, like Peter and MJ, are soulmates. I have zero interest in reading a book where they aren't together. It's hard to even think about a Spider-Man book where he isn't with Mary Jane, let alone actually read it.
    One could say that Felicia Hardy and Peter Parker are soulmates as well as Betty Brant in addition to MJ. And there are other soulmates as well. But when they broke up Peter and Mary Jane, they wasted a rare opportunity to bring back Betty Brant/Felicia Hardy into his life. Certainly a whole lot better than what we got now. Even Silver Sable and Black Widow(or even Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers) might have been better than what is going on at the present moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    One could say that Felicia Hardy and Peter Parker are soulmates as well as Betty Brant in addition to MJ.
    Please actually supply apt evidence of this rather than make these brash statements.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Please actually supply apt evidence of this rather than make these brash statements.
    Felicia and Betty are two Peter's other soulmate based on the fact that no writer wants to reestablish their relationship with him.

Felicia and Betty are two Peter's other soulmate based on the fact that no writer wants to reestablish their relationship with him.
    No Gwen respect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No Gwen respect.
    I haven't forget about Gwen; but she's dead. So Felicia and Betty will do, as well as some of the other heroines I've talked about, who might harbor feelings for Peter as well like Jessica Drew and Betsy Braddock, for example.

BANNED

1. That makes zero sense.
    2. I'd appreciate it if you stopped hijacking this pro-MJ thread with your tiresome spiel about other female being suited for Peter.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 07-15-2014 at 06:25 AM.

2. I'd appreciate it if you stopped hijacking this pro-MJ thread with your tiresome spiel about other female being suited for Peter.
    Personally I don't mind it because earlier in the Gwen Stacy Thread; we said it's ok to talk about anything relating to the character even if it's bashing, since the thread will be active. So making the argument that MJ shouldn't be Peter's soulmate is somewhat ok, as along as they keep it in respects to Mary Jane, not others.

Now when he starts mentioning other characters and how Spider-Man can make parthnerships with them, then we just don't respond to DarthFury at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Now when he starts mentioning other characters and how Spider-Man can make parthnerships with them, then we just don't respond to DarthFury at all.
    Fair enough...I just get weighed down a lot by Darth's posts because it's the same thing every time.

Changing the topic ever so slightly...

http://www.newsarama.com/21569-marve...pider-man.html

October will feature the return of the Spider-Marraige to the regular ASM book (sort of) as we take a trip back to MC2 to see how the Parkers cope with the events of Spider-Verse.

In addition to how he writes Mayday, it should be interesting to see how Slott tackles this version of MJ in comparison to his rather controversial take on the character post-OMD.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 07-15-2014 at 07:30 AM.

If you bring up an opinion people may disagree with, there will always a possibility for a response.

Appreciation threads are not a place to vent about current titles without anyone disagreeing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I would have liked it best if Avenging Spider-Man was still around to allow different writers to get the chance to write their own Spider-Man/Peter Parker stories APART from Slott's take. But Marvel had to cancel it in favor of Superior Spider-Man Team-UP that was cancelled as well. If different writers got to write Spider-Man as a story-arc that doesn't crossover to Slott's own series, then it might be possible that Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy would not be out of chracter, so long as Slott doesn't preside over the other writers stories. I would like to see the developments that I was referring to (in which Dan Slott doesn't want to explore) by other writers who want to write a Spidey story that doesn't coincide with Amazing Spider-Man. But Marvel has given him the KEYS to Spider-Man's fate and hasn't really allowed other writers to write a regular Spider-Man team-up/solo adventure since they cancelled Spidey's satellite titles. In a sense, they allowed Slott to be the official voice of Spider-Man because he makes a ton of money for Marvel.

For anyone who wants to see Mary Jane and Peter back together, that ship has sailed long ago the moment when Slott became the sole writer for Spider-Man. If Marvel really wanted Peter and Mary Jane back together again, why would they allow Slott to make her moments with Peter out of character, along with Felicia Hardy?
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-15-2014 at 03:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    when they said that the marriage aged Peter and Mary Jane, are we sure it wasn't the artist being bad?
    I loved how the art depicted Peter and MJ back then...it showed they were maturing, and the MC2 canon (which has all the original untampered history up to about 1998 intact) has similar looks for the characters, making it look as if the years DID pass more naturally for them during that period in 616. It's another reason why I can never get behind current 616 where they never visibly show proper age due to the sliding time scale.

I quite liked that hairstyle for MJ too. The daily strips (which usually keep the Romita snr look) even paid tribute to it a few years back (Loki 'suggests' MJ give herself that look so Thor mistakes her for Sif...yeah I know it's stupid....)

Interestingly, the 2008 Mr and Mrs Spider-Man strips had Peter and MJ in their usual Romita Snr youth-oriented looks for some reason, which sort of threw me off because it was'nt consistent with their looks at the time prior to the recovery of the baby.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 07-25-2014 at 08:44 AM.

BANNED

Some nice news from SDCC from the writer of the "Scarlet Spiders" mini-series, the Ben Reily used in that story comes from a universe where Peter never got his powers back after "The Final Adventure" mini-series and he and MJ stayed in Oregon and raised their kids. Awww..

Astonishing Member

Some nice news from SDCC from the writer of the "Scarlet Spiders" mini-series, the Ben Reily used in that story comes from a universe where Peter never got his powers back after "The Final Adventure" mini-series and he and MJ stayed in Oregon and raised their kids. Awww..
    This was the sort of story that could have resolved the whole OMD mess by letting Ben remain as Spider-Man while Peter x Mary Jane raise their child in peace.

BANNED

Yeah, Ben's death could have been easily avoided, and it was not meant to even be the case in the original concept, he'd have just gone back to being Scarlet again after a stint as Spidey, and you could spend a couple of years with Peter in the suit, another couple of years with Ben in the suit, then have a few years with KANE in the suit, and let Peter raise his kids in the interm. So many ways to juggle and expand the story and sustain the franchise creativly, and nobody budged on it because fans and writers stuck in a certain paradigm only want things a certain way.

Astonishing Member

I don't like the idea that Peter and MJ are just soul mates, that seems a rather naive version of love. Very few people in life are soul mates, love is not always a perfect union where people love each other and that's it. People can fall out of love in real life.

Here is the thing, I have a problem with the way Peter and MJ broke up, if MJ decided that being married to Spider-Man was too dangerous and then Peter and MJ decided to part ways and become friends, that would be more mature then what we got with OMD.