Page 132 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So do I. It'd give her a more refreshing and positive view of the superhero life, since being involved with Peter for so long was a large part of what soured her on superheroes in the first place. To explain it somewhat better, the positivity and cheer with which Patsy approaches being a superhero would be an excellent counterpoint to how Peter views being a superhero as a heavy burden of responsibility coupled with the specter of danger and death coming for his loved ones. Not that Patsy doesn't acknowledge danger and death, but she doesn't let it get her down and stop her from living and doing her best to help as many people as she can and enjoy herself in the process, and that would be something I think Mary Jane (and Peter) could use at this point.
    I think MJ could experience the same with Riri Williams. Interested in seeing in what capacity Bendis uses her in the new IIM.

Hopefully more then he did in the last volume, though I guess that's a fault of decompression and event tie-ins .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think MJ could experience the same with Riri Williams. Interested in seeing in what capacity Bendis uses her in the new IIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully more then he did in the last volume, though I guess that's a fault of decompression and event tie-ins .
    That would be nice, and yeah, f*** Civil War II.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Links don't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Links don't work for me
    Only panels featuring MJ having speech bubbles:

They treat this like a first meeting between MJ and Ben. It's a bit weird.

(It's also weird that MJ's showing up in a Guardians of the Galaxy comic as well. But we'll get over that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Only panels featuring MJ having speech bubbles:

Thanks. My computer's being a bit glitchy tonight, I'll have to check it. I love how MJ said ''pissed off'' LOL. And yeah, it's a little weird that she's in a GotG comic but I guess that's part of her being used by Bendis nowadays LOL.

Well, she's there in her role as Stark's assistant, serving as Miss Exposition for someone who's been off-world. I don't see what's so unusual about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, she's there in her role as Stark's assistant, serving as Miss Exposition for someone who's been off-world. I don't see what's so unusual about that.
    It's just the basic idea that when someone is picking up a Guardians of the Galaxy comic, MJ is not the first character they would think would appear in its pages. It's fine.

It was really treating this as a first meeting that threw me off for a moment. (Well, neither can really remember meeting each other even if Ben says MJ looks "really familiar.")

Like Kevinroc said, when you pick up a GotG comic MJ is not someone you're used to seeing. Never said there was anything ''wrong'' with it, just that it was a little weird seeing it that's all.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

He should at least remember her from Spider-Island. You know, since he was all fired up about seeing her with spider-powers to the point of shouting, "Now that's [or there's] a Spider-Woman!" which annoyed Jessica Drew quite greatly, since she was right there when he made that proclamation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ever since she became Tony's executive assistant she's been getting a few appearances in other books that you'd ordinarily never expect to see her in (granted, she usually doesn't do much except have one line or spout exposition, but dem's the breaks).

Like her appearances in Civil War II and Uncanny Inhumans.

There are probably a lot of people who should know who Mary Jane is, at least on a more personal level, but don't because of the mind-wipe.

And I guess this means MJ's still with Stark Industries despite Tony's...situation.

It is strange... a dead man doesn't need a PA. Maybe they can't fire her because nobody actually knows who OWNS Stark Industries now?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He should at least remember her from Spider-Island. You know, since he was all fired up about seeing her with spider-powers to the point of shouting, "Now that's [or there's] a Spider-Woman!" which annoyed Jessica Drew quite greatly, since she was right there when he made that proclamation.
    That's true. I remember LOLing at Jessica's annoyance over that.

It is strange... a dead man doesn't need a PA. Maybe they can't fire her because nobody actually knows who OWNS Stark Industries now?
    Maybe. Unless there's something in her contract that means she stays there? I don't know LOL.