Page 15 of 308 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Bendis linked to some nice images on his tumblr.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ohn-romita-and
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

When Marvel removed the marriage, I thought that things would go back to the starting point of the Roger Stern era where he planned to properly develop Peter's relationship with both Felicia Hardy and Mary Jane respectively before Marvel moved him to the Avengers. It might have been fun to see Roger Stern take over the reins as writer for Spider-Man from where he left off so that he could give a proper development to Peter and Felicia's relationship, along with Mary Jane long before the marriage ever took place. Instead, Quesada had to create OMIT and BND, neither of which was necessary. All he had to do was bring things back to how they were before Roger Stern had left off by making him the full time writer for ASM as a monthly series and retain the other satellite titles that would not have any crossovers whatsoever. But we have to contend with how poorly MJ and Felicia are portrayed by Dan Slott as well as Joe Kelly who was the writer who retconed Felicia hardy's character to begin with.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

My favourite of the two is the one where they're looking into each others' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    My favourite of the two is the one where they're looking into each others' eyes.
    I'm not gonna lie, but Peter looks like a pedo in that one.

Spectacular Member

I wonder how many guys wish the famous "Face it, Tiger! You just hit the jackpot!" scene could happen to them in real life? You ever hate it when a friend or relative set you up with a girl and she looks like Rosie O' Donnell after being kicked by a mule?

BANNED

There were some cute Peter and MJ moments in the daily newspaper strip two weeks ago. Peter was trying to deduce Ock's plan, MJ helped out and her input made Peter realize Ock plans an earthquake. While Peter was locked in deep thought, he failed to realize he was standing on the ceiling and MJ was urging him to come down or he'd leave footprints all over it. She has'nt been seen since last Monday, but she was quick to encourage Peter through her trademark "Go get 'em Tiger" as Peter embarked on an investigation into a kidnapping.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 09-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    There were some cute Peter and MJ moments in the daily newspaper strip two weeks ago. Peter was trying to deduce Ock's plan, MJ helped out and her input made Peter realize Ock plans an earthquake. While Peter was locked in deep thought, he failed to realize he was standing on the ceiling and MJ was urging him to come down or he'd leave footprints all over it. She has'nt been seen since last Monday, but she was quick to encourage Peter through her trademark "Go get 'em Tiger" as Peter embarked on an investigation into a kidnapping.

I think most of the comments in this thread will likely be about the newspaper version of Mary Jane rather than Marvel's Comic Book version of her because I don't think we will be seeing much of her in book anymore. It seems Marvel is really trying to fade her character out of the picture in regards to the book. It's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    I think most of the comments in this thread will likely be about the newspaper version of Mary Jane rather than Marvel's Comic Book version of her because I don't think we will be seeing much of her in book anymore. It seems Marvel is really trying to fade her character out of the picture in regards to the book. It's really sad.
    Quoted for the sad truth.

Astonishing Member

I doubt that we'll see Mary Jane as long as Slott's the writer. In fact, don't be surprise if he is given the power to marry off Mary Jane x Pedro Oliver. I think that Marvel has given Slott the power to do no wrong. On the otherhand, I did ask him if he ever consider doing the daily comic strip, and he said"No Thanks". I have a feeling that the next 2 years who show a all new cast and characters under Slott. But once he decides to leave Spider-Man, I think that much of the changes that he's done to the existing characters will be reversed by more 60 percent to how it was before he became full time writer of Spider-Man.

They basically feel they have carte blanche to write MJ out until the next movie comes along. Then they can string readers along with another possible reconciliation between Peter and MJ that will go nowhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They basically feel they have carte blanche to write MJ out until the next movie comes along. Then they can string readers along with another possible reconciliation between Peter and MJ that will go nowhere.
    Or until Slott's run on Spider-Man has ended, which will not be until 2016 at the earliest. But he could hang around for longer than that. But how much damage are the Editors willing to allow Slott to make with the existing characters who were important to Peter, like Felicia Hardy who became a better person because she knew the man behind the mask. This look like a very big role reversal because first Dr. Ock takes over Peter's body and makes him into Spock and has an Army of followers. Now Felicia is experiencing her own Superior Black Cat moment with her own army of Super villains at her side? Sort of like a repeat of Superior Spider-Man; only now it has become the Superior Black Cat...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-10-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Or until Slott's run on Spider-Man has ended, which will not be until 2016 at the earliest. But he could hang around for longer than that.
    ASM 3 got delayed until 2018 anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    ASM 3 got delayed until 2018 anyway.
    i think that they rushed ASM too soon, in my opinion. But if Marvel allows Slott to hang around as Spider-Man writer until 2018, it would be a decade that's he's the head writer. But I think that his talents would have been better served if he was switched over to Scarlet Spider (with his Superior Spider-Man concept) and move Chris Yost over to Amazing Spider-Man once the Ends of the Earth storyline had concluded. Sometimes, Marvel needs to move their top writers around when it comes to how long a writer should spend writing Spider-Man. To have it under one writer for so long become repetitive, as we have seen with Dan Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    i think that they rushed ASM too soon, in my opinion. But if Marvel allows Slott to hang around as Spider-Man writer until 2018, it would be a decade that's he's the head writer. But I think that his talents would have been better served if he was switched over to Scarlet Spider (with his Superior Spider-Man concept) and move Chris Yost over to Amazing Spider-Man once the Ends of the Earth storyline had concluded. Sometimes, Marvel needs to move their top writers around when it comes to how long a writer should spend writing Spider-Man. To have it under one writer for so long become repetitive, as we have seen with Dan Slott.
    Absolutely not! I read Scarlet Spider to avoid crap like Superior. If they think Silk can have her own solo move him there. Though personally I feel he should be removed from the spider-house. I really hope he doesn't stick around for a decade. Yost on Amazing however I will agree with.