Page 193 of 308 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4606
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    The most important thing you can do about this is complain about it for 10 more years. I think that'd be a very good use of time. It really would increase everyone's enjoyment-- not just of Spider-Man-- but of the Spider-Man fan community as well. Just constant rays of sunshine for a decade or more. Daily, online deposits of "positivity" that build up and up and up and make every online interaction that much better. I think you should do 5 tumblrs about it. And 8 blogs. Really.

That's how things get done, constant pressure.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The most important thing you can do about this is complain about it for 10 more years. I think that'd be a very good use of time. It really would increase everyone's enjoyment-- not just of Spider-Man-- but of the Spider-Man fan community as well. Just constant rays of sunshine for a decade or more. Daily, online deposits of "positivity" that build up and up and up and make every online interaction that much better. I think you should do 5 tumblrs about it. And 8 blogs. Really.

The sarcasm is biting! I can feel its teeth.

But doesn't it speak volumes to the lasting impact that these fictional characters can have on people, that stories from ten, twenty, thirty years ago and beyond still resonate and engender passion?

Most of my closest friends think I waste my time reading fiction at all, let alone discussing it, and I should devote a larger proportion of my reading time to philosophy and history. They are probably right, but I ignore them for the most part.

We love you too, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    That's how things get done, constant pressure.
    Indeed.

Maybe it really is impossible that the marriage will ever come back. Thing is, it's equally impossible to stop people from wanting it.

So it's ... windmills, tilting mutually.
    Last edited by Vaegrin; 08-23-2017 at 12:01 PM.

BANNED

"I don't work with goo"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Lois showed up in Action Comics #1. She made her debut alongside Superman.

Mary Jane didn't show up until years later. Her first mention was ASM (Vol. 1) #15. Peter (and readers) didn't meet her until ASM (Vol. 1) #42.

I think the Batman comparison might be more apt. Since his most famous love interest (Catwoman) didn't debut alongside him. And we can often go for long periods of time without seeing them interact. But what is one of the biggest comic stories of the year? A Batman/Catwoman story.

None of these comparisons work on a 1 to 1 basis. But Batman is the biggest franchise in DC's arsenal. Orders on Batman are currently higher than that of ASM. And one of the biggest comic stories of the year revolves around Batman/Catwoman.

I wasn't talking about how early the love interests appeared in comics

I was talking about iconic status of the love interests
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I wasn't talking about how early the love interests appeared in comics

I was talking about iconic status of the love interests
    People like to bring up that MJ wasn't in Amazing Fantasy #15. It's true. She wasn't. Her first mention was, coincidentally, ASM (vol. 1) #15.

My point with Catwoman is she didn't first appear alongside Batman in Detective Comics #27. Just because a love interest doesn't debut alongside the main character doesn't mean they aren't the iconic love interest.

BANNED

People like to bring up that MJ wasn't in Amazing Fantasy #15. It's true. She wasn't. Her first mention was, coincidentally, ASM (vol. 1) #15.
    She was off-panel in Amazing Fantasy#15, but canonically she was still there

Mighty Member

My point with Catwoman is she didn't first appear alongside Batman in Detective Comics #27. Just because a love interest doesn't debut alongside the main character doesn't mean they aren't the iconic love interest.
    I never mentioned anything about Catwoman not being the iconic love interest of Batman.
    I am one of those that does think that Catwoman is the iconic love interest of Batman, and I hope that Selina accepts Bruce's proposal.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She was off-panel in Amazing Fantasy#15, but canonically she was still there
    Don't you know retcons are the absolute worst? Unless the current creative team do them. Then they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Is MJ showing up in Scarlet Spider? Looks like her

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...rlet-spider-6/
    Going back to this to confirm that this is Marlo, the wife of Rick Jones. Creators often like to use supporting characters they created across multiple titles. (Marlo having also appeared in Peter David's Captain Marvel run.)

Going back to this to confirm that this is Marlo, the wife of Rick Jones. Creators often like to use supporting characters they created across multiple titles. (Marlo having also appeared in Peter David's Captain Marvel run.)
    I was wondering if anyone would touch on Marlo again after Greg Pak brought her back. Not surprised it's PAD .

Rick certainly hasn't brought her up .

The most important thing you can do about this is complain about it for 10 more years.
    I actually did move on from Spider-Man after One More Day/Bland New Day. The Renew Your Vows ongoing is what renewed(no pun intended)my interest in Spider-Man, and bought me back.

I think you should do 5 tumblrs about it.
    One tumblr is enough. No way I have the energy to do five.

Also Dan you haven't answered my question. What's the point of having canon if it can be thrown away at a moment's notice?
    Heck most of the Bland New Day era stuff was already gone when you took over as head writer for Amazing.
    Last edited by WeirdSpider; 08-23-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    One tumble is enough. No way I have the energy to do five.
    Excuse me, this is the Mary Jane appreciation thread. If you want to talk about giving someone a tumble, you should post in the Gwen Stacy appreciation thread.

That's what I get for not sleeping in 23 hours.

Fixing now.