Page 197 of 308 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4606
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    Honestly, if even half of this is legitimate, it might be the best argument I've ever seen not to even bother reading corporate comics. Really. It sounds like they think of themselves as toy manufacturers, or at best a marketing department for a movie studio, instead of storytellers.
    Agreed, if half of what is presented in that link is correct, then behind the scenes Marvel is a disaster.

BANNED

Also, assuming the info is legit (I have doubts), does that mean Marvel are going to roll Peter and MJ back into college for what would be a third time? (the second time being the 1990s after the miscarriage), or just Peter going back with MJ being the one with the job?

That is, assuming the "nostalgia " extends to making them a couple again without the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Betty was just a high school romance and I'm sure May must have heard something regarding her relationship with Ned Leeds.

And even if she didn't know Gwen was only a clone, it would have seemed very weird if a girlfriend her nephew thought "dead" just popped up alive. It would seem like a scam that May would want to rescue Peter from and she probably/correctly assumed that MJ would be more persuasive towards those ends.

In both cases it seemed like the alternative to MJ was a lot of drama which May didn't want Peter to get embroiled in. And since May actually knew MJ unlike Betty or Gwen and was enamored by her, it must have seemed like a no-brainer.
    This reminds me of the Amazing Spider-Man Classics podcast where they come up with all these crazy schemes of Aunt May's where she tries to breakup Peter and Betty to get him with MJ, right down to paying Ned Leeds to marry Betty .

Really, who knows what "synergy" means to Marvel anyway. At this point, it probably just means keeping MJ close enough on hand that they can tease at some romantic tension in the event that the movies start to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Found this linked over on TVTropes...have some salt ready to go with your shakers everyone.

"We're just kind of waiting to see Sony's next steps but there's kind of like a prep for nostalgia for the Raimi trajection in terms of MJ & college."

http://www.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p...#post242930938
    This is a follow-up to this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1364

And it says this was all originally posted on /co/. You need a damn dump truck full of salt.

No, they’re not going to de-age him to a teenager. (Although it is a corporate synergy idea that has been floated; editorial has been able to argue that there’s no great way to do it … yet. They’re hoping Tom Holland ages up and they give up on that idea. The time-displaced X-Men are an albatross brought on by First Class synergy).

No major plans for MJ beyond guest spots here and there. The marriage isn’t coming back ever. Renew Your Vows will stick around until its a money-loss. It’s just a spin-off that had some legs, like Spider-Gwen.
    These posts are saying the movies will build up to Mary Jane and Peter being in College but that the comics aren't going to do anything with MJ. (Doubts about the movies. But the comic stuff looks to be pretty true. But you don't need to be an "insider" to know that.)

I'm throwing as much salt as I can at the idea of there being no major plans for MJ beyond small guest spots here and there .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm throwing as much salt as I can at the idea of there being no major plans for MJ beyond small guest spots here and there .
    I enjoy seeing CBR and other comic sites posting articles (especially recently) about how much they miss MJ having a role in Spidey and watching as Marvel does nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I enjoy seeing CBR and other comic sites posting articles (especially recently) about how much they miss MJ having a role in Spidey and watching as Marvel does nothing about it.
    I miss MJ having a major role in anything .

I guess we'll always have RYV (for however much longer it lasts).

BANNED

Meantime, I sit back and enjoy all the mediums that still use the marriage for as long as I can wishing they'd be promoted more by both the company and fan sites alike (though it's been pretty hard lately, MJ's been temporarily written out of the strip due to her Marvella movie promotional tour, and she was absent from this month's RYV seeing a Doctor)

Comic sites saying "We miss MJ and want her to have a role in Spider-Man" is the closest we will get to fandom telling Marvel what we want. If Marvel is going to continue being obtuse, it's no skin off my nose.

Comic sites saying "We miss MJ and want her to have a role in Spider-Man" is the closest we will get to fandom telling Marvel what we want. If Marvel is going to continue being obtuse, it's no skin off my nose.
    If she really is in the new Spider-Man cartoon, as been alluded too, I'll be honestly surprised Marvel let that one through .

If she really is in the new Spider-Man cartoon, as been alluded too, I'll be honestly surprised Marvel let that one through .
    Insomniac Games have alluded to MJ being Peter's love interest (it's complicated) in the upcoming PS4 game.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/...st-discovered/

Insomniac Games have alluded to MJ being Peter's love interest (it's complicated) in the upcoming PS4 game.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/...st-discovered/
    I remember that, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it .

I remember that, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it .
    Up until the ASM tie-in games, the video games have tended to portray Peter as being in a relationship with MJ. And even then, the mobile "Spider-Man Unlimited" game went right back to MJ.

BANNED

Up until the ASM tie-in games, the video games have tended to portray Peter as being in a relationship with MJ. And even then, the mobile "Spider-Man Unlimited" game went right back to MJ.
    That game does way more things with MJ in it's storylines than the main comic has done in almost someone's young lifetime. Just wish she had more involvement in it's Superior adaptation.