Page 219 of 308 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And we still don't know much about her characterization other then "girl reporter" .
    We know Peter's relationship status is "complicated."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We know Peter's relationship status is "complicated."
    Probably MJ is gung-ho about putting her life at risk for a scoop and Peter not always agreeing with what she does.

Peter's dating habits between Spectacular and Amazing are what me and my friends would deem a ***k boy. Like I know he's supposed to be oblivious to the the female attention he "inspires" or whatever, cause they made it a part of his shtick, but in this modern day age that behaviour is definitely not attractive and makes Peter look like a douche no matter how oblivious he is to handle dating. Adds to the "man child" label I've seen thrown at him the last few years.

Idk, they just need to get his dating life in sync because if they're gonna have two titles a little cohesion would be nice.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Peter's dating habits between Spectacular and Amazing are what me and my friends would deem a ***k boy. Like I know he's supposed to be oblivious to the the female attention he "inspires" or whatever, cause they made it a part of his shtick, but in this modern day age that behaviour is definitely not attractive and makes Peter look like a douche no matter how oblivious he is to handle dating. Adds to the "man child" label I've seen thrown at him the last few years.

Idk, they just need to get his dating life in sync because if they're gonna have two titles a little cohesion would be nice.
    The first six issues of Spectacular before the Legacy relaunch are supposed to take place shortly before Secret Empire. If we presume that Spectacular eventually catches up to Amazing in the MU timeline, then he and Rebecca London will end up breaking it off and he'll be "free" to tango with Mockingbird without being a cheater or a f***boy. Even so, that does seem rather sketchy on Peter's end of things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The first six issues of Spectacular before the Legacy relaunch are supposed to take place shortly before Secret Empire. If we presume that Spectacular eventually catches up to Amazing in the MU timeline, then he and Rebecca London will end up breaking it off and he'll be "free" to tango with Mockingbird without being a cheater or a f***boy. Even so, that does seem rather sketchy on Peter's end of things.
    Bobbi likely doesn't care if Peter's all that into her, the books seem to be pegging her as someone who just treats Peter as an easy plaything.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bobbi likely doesn't care if Peter's all that into her, the books seem to be pegging her as someone who just treats Peter as an easy plaything.
    For better or worse, we'll get clarification on how that particular relationship works (or doesn't) in ASM 791.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Are we supposed to see the relationship with Mockingbird as healthy?

Because even when MJ would rib Peter or give him a hard time it was never to the extent where she would mock him or treat him like dirt like Bobbi did in the opening pages of #790.

Sure she treated him better as Spider-Man but that implies the same issues that Peter's relationship with Black Cat had where it's more about the costumes, thrills, and sex then it is the stuff past that (and even Felicia seemed like a better romantic partner by comparison).

Maybe Slott did a better job of building up to this relationship then I give him credit for, since I only checked out #789, but I'm just not really seeing the appeal or that these two are committed and equal-partners to each other like Peter and MJ were (or are in RYV).

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

Indeed, just another reason why the character comes across as pathetic more often than not these days. Which I find sad.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Oh today's daily strip was well worth it. They actually didn't waste a week or so building to a reunion between Peter and MJ.

MJ coming out of a tv interview not feeling too well...and then Peter shows up to give her a nice big comforting hug

BANNED

A pity this series will never likely cover anything but her 616 appearances...her evolution as a character has furthered in plenty of alternate canons, some doing a better job of how she's been handled since 2007.

Also..rofl "Pussywillows"

BANNED

So what happens to Mary Jane now?

Bendis is leaving for DC. Will she remain a part of Iron Man, or will Bendis hand her back over to Spidey upon departure?

Bendis is leaving for DC. Will she remain a part of Iron Man, or will Bendis hand her back over to Spidey upon departure?
    The question isn't if Bendis will hand her back to the Spidey offices, the question is do the Spidey offices want to use her?

(At least as long as Slott doesn't jump ship to DC too. )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The question isn't if Bendis will hand her back to the Spidey offices, the question is do the Spidey offices want to use her?

(At least as long as Slott doesn't jump ship to DC too. )
    Chip did say Slott had been mulling over using MJ again and getting her to interact more with Peter..of course if 789 is any indicator, do we now want the Spidey Office to be interested in her?

Mighty Member

My guess is that other than ryv, MJ will go to limbo.