Page 222 of 308 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4606
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Lot of shake-ups at Marvel lately. But I don't think this will change anything for Peter/MJ until Slott leaves.

(I don't think the marriage itself will come back.)
    It's been back for ages through RYV and that was with Alonzo as EIC. It's not a question of if, but when I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's been back for ages through RYV and that was with Alonzo as EIC. It's not a question of if, but when I reckon.
    I meant in the 616 books (which I know isn't be-all, end-all when it comes to the Spider-franchise.)

BANNED

I meant in the 616 books (which I know isn't be-all, end-all when it comes to the Spider-franchise.)
    I know, but I'm naively optimistic most of the time...have been ever since the deja vu in Power Play and the Mephisto material in Spidey/Deadpool

I know, but I'm naively optimistic most of the time...have been ever since the deja vu in Power Play and the Mephisto material in Spidey/Deadpool
    Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think we'll see the marriage reinstated in 616 (which, again, I know isn't be-all, end-all). I could see Peter/MJ being in a romantic relationship again in 616, but not as long as Slott is there writing ASM.

Honestly, I'm just happy to think that we'll be seeing Peter and Mary Jane together in animation and video games (even they probably won't be romantically connected in the former), because I've kind of just given up on the comics and the movies are a whole other thing at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I'm just happy to think that we'll be seeing Peter and Mary Jane together in animation and video games (even they probably won't be romantically connected in the former), because I've kind of just given up on the comics and the movies are a whole other thing at this point.
    It's so annoying to find recent Marvel cartoons avoid romance for the most part.

One of my favorite shows on Disney XD is Star vs The Forces of Evil, and the romance elements of that has been dialed up to eleven lately.

We still need to see more of MJ in the current Disney XD series. You know, hopefully in an outfit that isn't totally face obscuring.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think we'll see the marriage reinstated in 616 (which, again, I know isn't be-all, end-all). I could see Peter/MJ being in a romantic relationship again in 616, but not as long as Slott is there writing ASM.
    Well, they just changed the EIC, so changes are afoot linewide!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, they just changed the EIC, so changes are afoot linewide!
    Regardless of how I feel about Slott's handling of MJ, I think the Spider-line has needed a shake-up for a long while now. And I am in favor of Slott stepping down from ASM and moving on to something else (such as putting him on a relaunched FF.)

It's hard not to look at Bendis leaving Marvel as a precursor to Alonso no longer being EiC. We're getting shake-ups at Marvel, and that's exciting.

BANNED

Slott's even said himself on here that he sees a time where Peter and MJ will be romantically involved again...might not necessarily be under his pen though.

Slott's even said himself on here that he sees a time where Peter and MJ will be romantically involved again...might not necessarily be under his pen though.
    I think it's as simple as "the last writer (JMS) so defined Peter/MJ, let's do something different."

But it's created its share of problems for a variety of reasons. And the way it ended is a BIG part of those reasons.

It's gotten to the point that actually seeing Peter/MJ feels like a breath of fresh air.

I think it's as simple as "the last writer (JMS) so defined Peter/MJ, let's do something different."

But it's created its share of problems for a variety of reasons. And the way it ended is a BIG part of those reasons.

It's gotten to the point that actually seeing Peter/MJ feels like a breath of fresh air.
    Or MJ being written/used well...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Like I've said in another thread. I'm neither surprised nor sad that Alonso is leaving and congratulations to Cebulski, hopefully they'll do more things that I like then don't under his tenure.

Regardless of how I feel about Slott's handling of MJ, I think the Spider-line has needed a shake-up for a long while now. And I am in favor of Slott stepping down from ASM and moving on to something else (such as putting him on a relaunched FF.)

It's hard not to look at Bendis leaving Marvel as a precursor to Alonso no longer being EiC. We're getting shake-ups at Marvel, and that's exciting.
    Quoted in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or MJ being written/used well...
    As Inspector Grim once said in Thin Blue Line ''WELL IT WOULD BE NICE!''

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm so glad that Mary Jane is with Peter, and they're adults living together, in the upcoming Spider-Man game and seems to have playable segments. 2018 can't come sooner for Peter/MJ fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm so glad that Mary Jane is with Peter, and they're adults living together, in the upcoming Spider-Man game and seems to have playable segments. 2018 can't come sooner for Peter/MJ fans.
    I believe the developers have described Peter and MJ's relationship status as "complicated."