Page 229 of 308 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Options range from:

-Issue 700 flashback
    -Peter and MJ get back together in "Threat Level Red", and break up again at the end of Issue 800
    -Peter and MJ have a heat of the moment encountered soured by MJ seeing the suit. Bobbi finds out and dumps Peter (again, that could be in "Threat Level Red")
    Ah yeah, that's right, Peter is dating Bobbi... It'd be weird if he tried to go back to MJ when he's still with her, and if she breaks up with him in like, 794, then him coming back to MJ in 797 would be too soon unless there's a time skip, so I guess it really is a flashback, or Norman, or Otto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah yeah, that's right, Peter is dating Bobbi... It'd be weird if he tried to go back to MJ when he's still with her, and if she breaks up with him in like, 794, then him coming back to MJ in 797 would be too soon unless there's a time skip
    Too soon? I think you're underestimating how quickly Slott undoes pairings.

Peter ditched that asian lass almost as soon as we were introduced to her, and let's not forget Ock ditched MJ after just two issues of the two dating again

And Ock was dating Anna Maria Marconi. As soon as Peter got his body back, she was friendzoned.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Ock was dating Anna Maria Marconi. As soon as Peter got his body back, she was friendzoned.
    That one is a special case. Ock had stolen somebody else's life and identity. Why should that person be under any obligation to continue on with a relationship they neither wanted nor chose?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Too soon? I think you're underestimating how quickly Slott undoes pairings.

Peter ditched that asian lass almost as soon as we were introduced to her, and let's not forget Ock ditched MJ after just two issues of the two dating again
    Who? That Lian chick from PI era? Wasn't she working for the Zodiac or somethin'? 'Cause that's a good reason to end a relationship, plus it took a while for Peter to start that relationship with Bobbi after ending things with Lian.

Otto ditching MJ is kinda different from Peter himself doing that, since Otto didn't need to continue the relationship with her since it wasn't him who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, same situation as what I mentioned above, but with Peter in Otto's place.

How many times are we gonna go through this again?

Btw is it just me or does Peter look Tom Hollandish here?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How many times are we gonna go through this again?

Btw is it just me or does Peter look Tom Hollandish here?

Looks the same as he's usually drawn in last couple of years to me.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Same here SpiderClops. I'd even go one step further and say it doesn't look anything like Tom Holland to me.

Doesn't look as Tom Hollandish as that young Peter in the upcoming Spec arc.

BANNED

The MJ-focused RYV#14 is a top ten hit for one retailer

DC staples ACTION COMICS and DETECTIVE COMICS round off the top half of the list, while everyone’s favorite neighborhood arachnid is crawling all over the bottom half: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793, SPIDER-MEN II #5, and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #14 all made our top 10.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...t-seller-week/

I'm not at all a fan of these teases. I think Marvel knows how much they're trolling this issue, especially after Dan Slott went on his tirade saying that Peter and MJ would never get back together. Even with the recent editorial shake-ups, I'm still inclined to believe that. I feel as though Marvel thinks it needs to troll this for the upcoming 800th issue milestone. I think it's just unnecessary at this point. Marvel seems to be doing everything it can to put more distance between Peter and MJ in the mainline universe and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The MJ-focused RYV#14 is a top ten hit for one retailer

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...t-seller-week/
    I'd say it would probably be a good idea for Marvel to capitalize on focusing on Mary Jane, but I know they probably won't...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say it would probably be a good idea for Marvel to capitalize on focusing on Mary Jane, but I know they probably won't...
    ...Well when their idea of focus is just variant covers....

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm not at all a fan of these teases. I think Marvel knows how much they're trolling this issue, especially after Dan Slott went on his tirade saying that Peter and MJ would never get back together. Even with the recent editorial shake-ups, I'm still inclined to believe that. I feel as though Marvel thinks it needs to troll this for the upcoming 800th issue milestone. I think it's just unnecessary at this point. Marvel seems to be doing everything it can to put more distance between Peter and MJ in the mainline universe and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    He said he was not interested in writing them married, he never had a problem with them being a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He said he was not interested in writing them married, he never had a problem with them being a couple.
    Given how he's written them, I don't he's too crazy about them in that context either.