Page 230 of 308 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He said he was not interested in writing them married, he never had a problem with them being a couple.
    No, he said Marvel wouldn't have had a problem with them being an unmarried couple. If Slott didn't have a problem with them as an unmarried couple, he would have written them as an unmarried couple.

BANNED

Dan said writing Peter and MJ as they were without the marriage was "no fun" when Comicvine interviewed him back in 2015 about Renew Your Vows.

Keep in mind Dan also said Peter was "dead" forever during Superior and that he "could not work with dust" regarding a possible Ben Reilly resurrection.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Keep in mind Dan also said Peter was "dead" forever during Superior and that he "could not work with dust" regarding a possible Ben Reilly resurrection.
    True enough. Peter's consciousness was clinging on, buried deep within Otto's, and "running the dust through a regeneration/'reanimation' machine" turned out to be a viable method of bringing back Ben, even with the (mis)handling of his character. That being said, I'm hoping to go into the new year with some optimism.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

To play devil's advocate, there is a difference between lying about future stories you have in mind and lying about what you like and don't like about writing such-and-such in a comic. There's not much motivation to lie about that. Granted, I don't take Slott at face value for a lot of reasons (his tendencies to hyperbole, joking, and picking fights with fans, for example), but a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No, he said Marvel wouldn't have had a problem with them being an unmarried couple. If Slott didn't have a problem with them as an unmarried couple, he would have written them as an unmarried couple.
    The distinction may be that Slott would be uncomfortable writing them as an unmarried couple, but not as a married couple.

There was a discussion a few years back on an interview he did about Renew Your Vows.

http://community.comicbookresources....rview+marriage
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The distinction may be that Slott would be comfortable writing them as a married couple, but not as an unmarried couple.

There was a discussion a few years back on an interview he did about Renew Your Vows.

http://community.comicbookresources....rview+marriage
    Yeah, this is what I was referring to. Did'nt know it was discussed on here back then, thanks for digging it up

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    ...but a broken clock is right twice a day.
    unless it's digital
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

unless it's digital
    Yeah, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Invincible Iron Man#596 has been pushed back to January 31st

https://www.newsarama.com/38005-iron...9-delayed.html

Old Peter Parker in 20................ Deadpool/Spiderman 26

I wonder if this is a sign of where Thompson's inclinations towards Peter's love interests are concerned...though he did have Gwen as Peter's main love interest in Spidey (but that might have been editorially mandated).

BANNED

You gotta wonder if those words are throwing shade at the last ten years

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this is a sign of where Thompson's inclinations towards Peter's love interests are concerned...though he did have Gwen as Peter's main love interest in Spidey (but that might have been editorially mandated).
    Robbie had plans for Mary Jane in Spidey too, but the book was cancelled before she could appear in the second year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Robbie had plans for Mary Jane in Spidey too, but the book was cancelled before she could appear in the second year.
    Was that ever directly confirmed? I know there was a Nick Bradshaw design of her hanging around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that ever directly confirmed? I know there was a Nick Bradshaw design of her hanging around.
    She appeared in a background cameo during one issue I think.