Page 237 of 308 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4606
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis tweeted one of the better parts of OMD

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...by-joe-quesada
    Yeah, that was pretty nice, though I would agree with Frontier that Slott capping off his run with Peter and MJ kissing isn't something I'd expect to happen . . . which would just make it all the more pleasant a surprise if it did happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm sort of pondering something

..Assuming Peter and MJ do get together again, is there a chance that Slott will book-end his era by mirroring the first scene of Brand New Day, only instead of Peter kissing a random girl, he's kissing MJ?
    It makes a certain amount of sense, but it depends on what the next writer wants.

One problem Marvel has with replacing MJ is that May loves her. One could argue that she is the daughter May never had. Anna Is May's best friend(only friend?). It just makes so much sense for the structure of the Spider-man universe for Peter and Mj to be together. For instance May would say that Gwen was a very sweet girl and May liked Gwen. But it cannot be compared to MJ, not even close.
    Sure Marvel can insert new characters and retcon this and that to make things fit. It still will go against decades of stories and worldbuilding. Still that hasn't stopped Marvel before and I'm sure it won't in the future either.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    One problem Marvel has with replacing MJ is that May loves her. One could argue that she is the daughter May never had. Anna Is May's best friend(only friend?). It just makes so much sense for the structure of the Spider-man universe for Peter and Mj to be together. For instance May would say that Gwen was a very sweet girl and May liked Gwen. But it cannot be compared to MJ, not even close.
    Sure Marvel can insert new characters and retcon this and that to make things fit. It still will go against decades of stories and worldbuilding. Still that hasn't stopped Marvel before and I'm sure it won't in the future either.
    I agree with you 100% when Aunt May is written correctly. Slott, however, made it seem like she doesn’t care who Peter’s with, as long as kids are involved.

D16B32F4-9FE7-4433-9743-E4C447956B4B.jpg

8EC63977-A521-4241-B326-CF52CE981990.jpg

Funny thing is of course, when Peter does have kids, she never gets to meet them! She's dead in both MC2 and RYV.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Funny thing is of course, when Peter does have kids, she never gets to meet them! She's dead in both MC2 and RYV.
    Actually, the only instance of Aunt May surviving to see Peter and MJ's child was in the conclusion to The Real Clone Saga almost ten years ago

And Aunt May did eventually meet Mayday in the concluding arc of Amazing Spider-Girl, when her otherworldly spirit met with Mayday's consciousness on the astral plane and was instrumental in helping her regain control of her body from Anya, who'd stolen it to exact revenge on her ex-lover The Black Tarantula. Aunt May also helped Peter and Mayday defeat Norman Osborn, liberating Peter's mind and body from Norman's psychic grip.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-28-2018 at 10:07 AM.

I think Aunt May was alive in that What If? where Peter and Gwen had a son. However, it has been so long since I read the book I could be wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

More reasons to love Newspaper MJ

Hi all, I have a minor announcement to make. Many of the various What If? ideas discussed in this thread along with others found in a variety of sources (Deviantart, Youtube, exact) got my creative juices following. So I've decided I should give the idea of a universe where OMD never happened, at least not in the way we are familiar with, a chance and see how many of the events that have occurred since I can still fit in by modifying them. The point of divergence is when Peter manages to nudge Aunt May aside and get shot instead of her by the hitman -

Title - Another Strand In The Great Web

Summary

What if Peter had been shot that fateful rather than Aunt May? The deal with Mephisto never happens and things take some interesting turns. What will change and what will stay the same?Find out in this exciting story that turns events of the past decade on their heads- Will include AU versions of Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, Spider-Island, Dying Wish, Superior Spider-Man, exact.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12819726/1/

Enjoy

Note -

This is not set in the RYV Universe. Rather I'll be conforming, with some notable differences, as closely as possible to the narrative structure of 616 Spidey. Although there will be a few differences as I will be incorporating a couple of the video game plotlines that have happened since OMD into the timeline along with a few original storylines that will make sense when you take into account that two characters exist in this reality that were essentially wiped from 616 canon.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-30-2018 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

Looking forward to your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hi all, I have a minor announcement to make. Many of the various What If? ideas discussed in this thread along with others found in a variety of sources (Deviantart, Youtube, exact) got my creative juices following. So I've decided I should give the idea of a universe where OMD never happened, at least not in the way we are familiar with, a chance and see how many of the events that have occurred since I can still fit in by modifying them. The point of divergence is when Peter manages to nudge Aunt May aside and get shot instead of her by the hitman -

Title - Another Strand In The Great Web

Summary

What if Peter had been shot that fateful rather than Aunt May? The deal with Mephisto never happens and things take some interesting turns. What will change and what will stay the same?Find out in this exciting story that turns events of the past decade on their heads- Will include AU versions of Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, Spider-Island, Dying Wish, Superior Spider-Man, exact.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12819022/1/

Enjoy

Note -

This is not set in the RYV Universe. Rather I'll be conforming, with some notable differences, as closely as possible to the narrative structure of 616 Spidey. Although there will be a few differences as I will be incorporating a couple of the video game plotlines that have happened since OMD into the timeline along with a few original storylines that will make sense when you take into account that two characters exist in this reality that were essentially wiped from 616 canon.
    Okay, sounds interesting. I think that the Crawlspace website is doing something similar. I tried reading that, but I didn't find it up my alley, esp. when the RYV series came around.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay, sounds interesting. I think that the Crawlspace website is doing something similar. I tried reading that, but I didn't find it up my alley, esp. when the RYV series came around.
    I like some of their ideas in that. I wish Annie weren't an infant in it though...and killing off Doc Ock at the start was a little too similar to how RYV kicked off with the death of Venom...and not even that "title" could evade a Venom crossover before too long, rofl

Still, I find it a good read. Great Felicia too.

I like some of their ideas in that. I wish Annie weren't an infant in it though...and killing off Doc Ock at the start was a little too similar to how RYV kicked off with the death of Venom...and not even that "title" could evade a Venom crossover before too long, rofl

Still, I find it a good read. Great Felicia too.
    Well, I have great plans for both Ock and Venom (both classic and Agent Venom) so they won't die in my story. Besides killing classic characters off tends to be lazy creatively, just my opinion.

So I'm reading older Spidey issues, and man, Aunt May was a pretty agressive shipper, more than I thought:

"- Aunt May I have a girlfriend!

- Lel, **** that, go out with MJ!"

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I'm reading older Spidey issues, and man, Aunt May was a pretty agressive shipper, more than I thought:

"- Aunt May I have a girlfriend!

- Lel, **** that, go out with MJ!"
    With all this happening, I'm surprised there isn't a fairytale style "What If" where Peter and MJ have an arranged marriage, and the drama is neither wants it and Peter's in love with Gwen. I mean, it was almost there already, if those panels mean anything.