Page 243 of 308 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4606
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They do have an advertisement for an upcoming issue showing Peter and MJ kissing (the Immomen page we've seen before. Still in black and white.)

Does that count as a Valentine's Day tie-in?
    At least this confirms what we see in that issue isn't some flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At least this confirms what we see in that issue isn't some flashback.
    Not necessarily.

BANNED

Not necessarily.
    There's little point to making it a flashback, especially since we know the full page of the image teased in the annual has MJ freaking out at the Spider-costume, so we know all is not going to be easy.

There's little point to making it a flashback, especially since we know the full page of the image teased in the annual has MJ freaking out at the Spider-costume, so we know all is not going to be easy.
    Your reaction would indicate otherwise. We've seen Slott trolling the fanbase about MJ for years now.

BANNED

Your reaction would indicate otherwise. We've seen Slott trolling the fanbase about MJ for years now.
    What does my reaction have to do with it? I'm pointing out that it might not necessarily be a flashback based on how the short story went. Peter and MJ are on speaking terms again, MJ was a lot warmer to Peter in the annual, she attended his birthday party, why would them getting a little more intimate as a follow-up be a mere flashback based off of that?

I'm not some naive Spider-Marriage fan who thinks Marvel are kowtowing. I know the page indicates things won't be easy for Peter and MJ, I'm just arguing there's little reason to think it's a flashback, I'm speculating in a healthy manner, where as you're once again trying to cut off all conversation/speculation getting anywhere because you've been conditioned to think one way.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-14-2018 at 01:56 PM.

It could be a flashback, it could be Peter having a realistic dream, it could be Carlie Cooper after having some surgery to remove Goblin eyes and she looks like MJ for whatever reason, it could be Chameleon/Skrull/Mystique/Mentallo playing mind games, it could be Mephisto metaphoricaly fucking with Peter to torment him, it could be any stupid shit since this is comic books .

What does my reaction have to do with it? I'm pointing out that it might not necessarily be a flashback based on how the short story went. Peter and MJ are on speaking terms again, MJ was a lot warmer to Peter in the annual, she attended his birthday party, why would them getting a little more intimate as follow-up be a mere flashback based off of that?

I'm not some naive Spider-Marriage fan who thinks Marvel are kowtowing. I know the page indicates things won't be easy for Peter and MJ, I'm just arguing there's little reason to think it's a flashback, I'm speculating in a healthy manner, where as you're once again trying to cut off all conversation/speculation getting anywhere because you've been conditioned to think one way.
    I don't trust Slott isn't trolling people again.

If this were another writer, I could see the speculation. But Slott? Nope.

It's gonna be a flashback, cause the panel is reminiscent of the scene in 700.

And really from Slott's style, I think its a setup to what Norman did when he escaped from the hospital and being apart of Alchemax and Liz's inner circle. So pretty much everything leading up from Norman's perspective to Goblin Nation.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    It's gonna be a flashback, cause the panel is reminiscent of the scene in 700..
    Why? Just because MJ is freaking out at the Spider-costume like she did in that issue? That doesn't prove anything and you know it, her repeating a character trait, however off-point, is not something new to her in comics. She's expressed disappointment with Peter's costumed career during quality time even when they were married.

The annual shows Peter and MJ are on good terms again, it's only logical that staying in contact means old passions ignite and one thing leads to another, there is no point in a "flashback", and to date, nobody has given me a half-way decent rationalization for why there should be one in place of the two falling into old passionate habits.

In short, you lot are really stretching
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-15-2018 at 03:07 AM.

MJ and Peter looked great in the annual bonus story, I'd rather have this Marcus guy on RYV instead of Stockman or Roche.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    MJ and Peter looked great in the annual bonus story, I'd rather have this Marcus guy on RYV instead of Stockman or Roche.
    He was also good on Chris Yost's New Warriors, where he did get to draw a Spider-Man (Kaine/Scarlet Spider) with some regularity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice Venom and MJ cover which references a classic encounter between the two, very cool.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nice Venom and MJ cover which references a classic encounter between the two, very cool.
    Beautifully made cover and art style from this artist.

Curious if MJ was wearing this very outfit when Venom attacked her in the past?

If so I think other Multiverse Gwens and MJs should avoid these long jackets like the plague. Stylish and great looking but they seem to be a magnet to life affecting dangers (Goblins and corrupted Symbiotes)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Curious if MJ was wearing this very outfit when Venom attacked her in the past?
    More or less.

ASM#299:

ASM#300:

Note that 300 happens immediately after 299, so she just changed coats lol.