Page 248 of 308 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4606
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It would normally unnerve me too, but I (naively?) hope the story could set up Peter and MJ for the future rather than be another roadblock. My head theory right now is this story could be a summer run that will be a transition us between Slott's run and the relaunch of ASM.
    Quite different from MJ being cold and bitter to Peter during power play.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems like the last thing we need right now.
    Agreed.

It would unnerve me too, but I (naively?) hope the story could set up Peter and MJ for the future rather than be another roadblock. My head theory right now is this story could be a summer run that will be a transition us between Slott's run and the relaunch of ASM.
    I tend to try and be optimistic by nature but I'm not as optimistic about that when it comes to the idea of a follow up to OMD/OMIT personally. However, I'll wait and see what happens.

As divisive as Slott's run is, I don't think it could take killing Mary Jane off.
    I hope you're right, but I fear you are wrong. I feel doing so would be a cheap trick that would forever tarnish Slott's run in the eyes of many fans and likely some critics as well.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

As divisive as Slott's run is, I don't think it could take killing Mary Jane off.
    I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope you're right, but I fear you are wrong. I feel doing so would be a cheap trick that would forever tarnish Slott's run in the eyes of many fans and likely some critics as well.
    Not sure he's too worried about that. He seems to write the story he wants to tell and everything else is noise (now, he does get into arguments with people who disagree with him, but from what I've seen, he doesn't seem to think that he was "wrong").
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't want that to happen but imagine the fallout that could happen if would be comparable to gwen Stacy cause no one expected gwen death. And look who is returning its Green Goblin what can he do to Spiderman now to top what he already done? I feel like Slott wouldn't care about fan backlash seems like he gotten backlash ever since he became a writer for spiderman. So it's a possibility that could happen we need to keep in mind. But chances are he would like to end in a good note too. So anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I don't want that to happen but imagine the fallout that could happen if would be comparable to gwen Stacy cause no one expected gwen death. And look who is returning its Green Goblin what can he do to Spiderman now to top what he already done? I feel like Slott wouldn't care about fan backlash seems like he gotten backlash ever since he became a writer for spiderman. So it's a possibility that could happen we need to keep in mind. But chances are he would like to end in a good note too. So anything can happen
    Oh, I agree he would not care, however, the Office might (along with Papa Disney perhaps) as well as the next writer both of which would have to endure the resulting backlash.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I think at worst he will leave MJ dying as a cliffhanger in 798 or something, but she will definitely still be alive.

Actually, I could see MJ still being a lead character in Iron Man so Slott can still get the chance to write Peter.

I don't think Slott is going fridge MJ.

I wonder how many people would drop the book (and anything Marvel related) if they killed MJ. I would, for sure.

BANNED

It didn't pan out so well the last time they tried to kill her, we don't need more years of tortured brooding Peter, especially since how they handle him now is so inferior to how he was when Gwen died.

BANNED

If MJ is killed at the end of Slott’s run as writer what if the twist this time around is that Mephisto made an appearance ?

BANNED

Looks like there will be a death in Issue 800

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #800
    “GO DOWN SWINGING”
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Art by STUART IMMONEN, HUMBERTO RAMOS, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & JIM CHEUNG
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On-Sale 5/30/18
    Dan Slott and Stuart Immomen are joined by many of the artists who made the last 10 years of Spider-Man so Amazing! The biggest Peter Parker/Norman Osborn story of all time unfolds over one 80-page story, a scope unmatched in comics! Who lives?! Who dies?! And what scars will Spider-Man bear from here on out?! (STL079565)
    96pgs, FC SRP: $9.99

Oh, so they're killing MJ, huh?

Looks like there will be a death in Issue 800
    Since Slott is "putting the toys back in the shelf", it'd be funny if he killed everyone at Horizon Labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oh, so they're killing MJ, huh?
    Last time they tried that it was in a plane, wonder if history will repeat itself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Since Slott is "putting the toys back in the shelf", it'd be funny if he killed everyone at Horizon Labs.
    Trap them all, and Carlie Cooper, in one building and set off a pumpkin bomb. Go scorched earth on BND