Page 283 of 308 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4606

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A little disappointed it's just a picture, but what a picture it is .
    First Selina and now MJ, i'm going to wait for his Lois Lane in the beach patienly .

Adam Hughes is a amazing artist. He has done this very same cover looking at a picture before with a message with Gwen Stacy and Spectacular Spider-man variant cover. (I'll post them next to each other to see and compare)

Between Campbell and Hughes I prefer Hughes more soft realism art style while Campbell has sex appeal and expressive I seen him make MJ many times to the point that the works don't stand out as much as they use to plus it's constantly one message of MJ looking sexy but nothing more usually.

Looking over of the MJ and Gwen pictures of Hughes many messages are displayed to me plus artistic techniques, perspectives, and little details that make huge impacts and carry emotional weight. The time frame and how old the pictures are plus details we might not think about unless sown to us but the artit clearly thought of and thus went above and beyond a simple picture (while leaving enough room for things such as the titles to be placed on the covers).

I don't have the time now to showcase and explain what I mean and see right now but I hope to be able to have the time later tonight.

Those are nice covers, though the MJ one seems a bit pathetic due to what it suggests about Peter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Those are nice covers, though the MJ one seems a bit pathetic due to what it suggests about Peter.
    With all due respect to Neil Gaiman, I can't help but remember this quote.

(In all seriousness, the act of masturbation is perfectly normal and healthy.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

That's a good one. No, seriously, although it does touch a bit on the issue of characters like Mary Jane who are quite well-known for their physical/visual appeal getting reduced to eye candy by both fans of and creators in the industry, who then ignore any other aspects of said characters and their development, much to their detriment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good one. No, seriously, although it does touch a bit on the issue of characters like Mary Jane who are quite well-known for their physical/visual appeal getting reduced to eye candy by both fans of and creators in the industry, who then ignore any other aspects of said characters and their development, much to their detriment.
    I also agree 100% with this.

Sometimes I'm really glad my mind doesn't automatically go to certain places .

Sometimes I'm really glad my mind doesn't automatically go to certain places .
    Otto did use Peter's memories of his private off-panel times with MJ for a little... *ahem*... during Superior. So it does sometimes get brought up in the book itself.

I agree that aspect seems to be in rather poor taste.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    First Selina and now MJ, i'm going to wait for his Lois Lane in the beach patienly .
    Do they even use Lois Lane as fan service these days? The only thing I can remember is that issue in Batman when she was wearing Catwoman suit

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Do they even use Lois Lane as fan service these days? The only thing I can remember is that issue in Batman when she was wearing Catwoman suit
    Well, she's a mom now so I guess they're a little more conservative with her...

Well, she's a mom now so I guess they're a little more conservative with her...
    Even before Besides Smallville I cant think of anything else about her

Back agian.
    I want to give a comment to the two pictures. The art style and message and small differences. Starting with Gwen on top as that picture was made or at least shown first by Hughes.

The Gwen one is a sad picture menent to hit certain aspects. One one hand Gwen looks beautiful and the message would normally be sweet for a person to have. However we know what happened. Peter is looking at this picture of Gwen not looking purposely sexy like MJ but still happy and lovely from a bridge which will always have a tragic memory for him and he's doing so while being Spider-man. Reminder of love lost to Peter and failure for Spider-man. It says that she will love him forever but unless you count her soul looking down upon him and still loving him then as stated in Winnie the Pooh's Grand Adventure song 'Wherever You Are' "I used to believe in forever, but forever is too good to be true". The big details here for me is the small things like how you can see the small holes on the top of the picture meaning it use to be stuck up somewhere as a regular picture but now that's no longer the case. Even more telling and something I learn can be hard to pull off properly in making art is the look of the crumple paper the photo is on. Looking at the grey spots showing lumps and a crack or bent on the bottom side means not just the age of this photo but since Peter has it with him as Spider-man there is heavy indication Peter carrys Gwen around with him against his body at all times thus the paper is bent and not smooth. A white or probably faded background but Gwen remains solid enough.

MJ on the other hand is on Coney Island Beach (you can see as part of 'Atmospheric perspective' the Wonder Wheel fading into the distance) under a umbrella. Coloring wise the shading of MJ goes outside on the line work and message sent by visual message lipstick kiss has a gloss transparency look as you can see right through it. Peter is privately looking at the picture as it seems like a private picture (The Gwen picture might of been a public picture as it was safe enough while still for Peter only) to him. Unlike Gwen MJ doesn't have any key fashion or stand out exclusive to her appearance like Gwen's hairband or that iconic outfit she wore when she died (despiste 616 Gwen wearing a wide variety of outfits before then the one she died in is her signature 616 look). THus looking sexy is basically MJ's 'key look'. No thumbtack holes but also importantly it's not bent and it's perfect smooth. Peter unlike his Gwen picture doesn't take this MJ picture outside or on him at all times. It's probably locked away kept in mint condition except when he wants to look at it. Not ruff up or lump marks of any kind. Possibly a newer picture thus expecting it's well kept mint shape and coloring with not even dust or carbon monoxide affecting the picture. If Peter started carrying MJ's picture with him like he does with Gwen it would mean bad things for MJ. The reason why is that if Peter wants to see MJ Peter can just visit her. If Peter wants to see Gwen then he can has to pull her out of his pocket and recall with memories cause outside of her grave it's the only place he can visit her.

We can assume he views Gwen's picture with heartbreak and MJ's picture with fondness. The cover variants if placed together offers a connecting link to each other (one hand as Spider-man hold Gwen while the other hand as Peter but still hanging in his room privately holding MJ) but also a duality for the two covers. However he might also see MJ's picture with similar heartbreak as both pictures represent the women he loved and lost in his life. One whose story/life was cut short and the other he maybe feels at fault that the relationship died and at one time both loved him dearly.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 05-03-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I wasn't even thinking about that to be honest. It just seemed a bit sad to have Peter looking at a photo of his ex in a bikini, regardless of what he was doing with his other hand.

Looking at it again, I do like the perspective (that Peter's on the ceiling.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I wasn't even thinking about that to be honest. It just seemed a bit sad to have Peter looking at a photo of his ex in a bikini, regardless of what he was doing with his other hand.

Looking at it again, I do like the perspective (that Peter's on the ceiling.)
    Either way, this could be a good PSA. Kids if you make a deal with Mephisto this could be you in one more day.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."