Page 285 of 308 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4606

Chapter Fifteen posted of my What If? OMD never happened story. Web of Shadows continues as Spidey faces some hard choices and allies fail him while foes may be his only hope -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hey, I had a really active day.

Chapter Sixteen posted of my What If? OMD never happened story. Web of Shadows concludes in this chapter -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy

Iron Man #600.

spoilers:
    So, MJ is still working for Tony Stark at the end of this issue. Is she actually still going to be working for Stark when Slott takes over the book?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Iron Man #600.

spoilers:
    So, MJ is still working for Tony Stark at the end of this issue. Is she actually still going to be working for Stark when Slott takes over the book?
    end of spoilers
    Probably. I guess Spencer’s Peter will have to work a bit to get her back and Slott will continue trolling, probably even more so...

Amazing Member

Iron Man #600.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think still too soon to know. Bendis left all the plot lines with holes and no built up from what we saw in Tony Stark: Iron Man marketing. MJ probably is the smaller of Slott's problems for the new run now.
    I still hope that Slott i going to forget about all Bendis' supporting cast and storylines and brings back some old IM characters and creat nice new things.

Edit: Bendis left Friday as Tony's AI and we know from Avengers and Hunt for Wolverine that he's new AI is called Motherboard.
    Last edited by Ana; 05-23-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Iron Man #600.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given she hasn't been mentioned in solicits or by Slott, and that Spencer has plans for her, I don't expect she will unless Spencer is the only one that addresses it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Given she hasn't been mentioned in solicits or by Slott, and that Spencer has plans for her, I don't expect she will unless Spencer is the only one that addresses it.
    end of spoilers
    how do we know spencer has plans for her?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    how do we know spencer has plans for her?
    Good question, I've seen nothing that indications he has any major plans for MJ beyond a few vague hints. In fact, Spencer has talked about "new lover interests" on several occasions which would seem to leave both MJ & Felicia (being established love interests of the past) out in the cold.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-23-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good question, I've seen nothing that indications he has any major plans for MJ beyond a few vague hints. In fact, Spencer has talked about "new lover interests" on several occasions which would seem to leave both MJ & Felicia (being established love interests of the past) out in the cold.
    There was a work-in-progress preview image from Spencer's #1 that appears to be a flashback to the beginning of the Sensational Spider-Man Annual, so there must be some significance for showing/re-creating that moment with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There was a work-in-progress preview image from Spencer's #1 that appears to be a flashback to the beginning of the Sensational Spider-Man Annual, so there must be some significance for showing/re-creating that moment with her.
    Isn't there some confusion if that is a pure flashback or instead Peter recreating a moment with MJ?

I think someone at a Con asked Cebulksi a question about Mary Jane and he said Spencer had big plans for her.

Isn't there some confusion if that is a pure flashback or instead Peter recreating a moment with MJ?
    We aren't sure if its a flashback or a recreation yet, but no matter what it is, we'd have to assume there is some purpose for including this callback, and thus means she will probably be important in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We aren't sure if its a flashback or a recreation yet, but no matter what it is, we'd have to assume there is some purpose for including this callback, and thus means she will probably be important in some way or another.
    Call me skeptical but I'll believe it when I see it. By all indications, MJ is a character the Marvel Office has not wanted to push in recent years and furthermore treats as an afterthought: Bendis only got permission to use her in Ironman because the Office had no other plans for her
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-23-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Bendis got permission to use her because the Spider office had no plans - but that was when Slott was writing Peter. Now that Spencer and Zdarsky are writing Peter, plans may have changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Call me skeptical but I'll believe it when I see it. By all indications, MJ is a character the Marvel Office has not wanted to push in recent years and furthermore treats as an afterthought: Bendis only got permission to use her in Ironman because the Office had no other plans for her
    Normally if this was just interview talk, then I would be with you, but considering we have picture proof that the scene exists, there IS a reasoning why that is there, whether it proves to be small or large at first, I'm still curious to see. Especially because it made me go read that issue for the first time and I loved it, it was just so sweet and earnest; who knew Matt Fraction write.

Also, I think its less that the Office doesn't want to push the character, considering they use her face as the mugshot for Renew Your Vows, they put her front and centre on several covers, not to mention all those MJ variant covers they did; I believe its moreso that Slott just didn't want to use her. On one hand it is disappointing that we didn't get to see more of her, but I also feel he shouldn't have to be forced to write a character or story he doesn't want to. So from my perspective, looks like we'll just have to see how much Spencer, Zdarsky, or anyone else, decide they want to use her.