Page 288 of 308 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4606
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

ASM 800 this week, lets hope MJ doesn't get fridged.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ASM 800 this week, lets hope MJ doesn't get fridged.
    I'd say it is 70/30 that she will, just my two cents. I have a bad feeling for her. Speaking of which I very much hope the rumor I've heard about the circumstances surrounding her potential demise are not true. I won't post said details here as they were deleted very quickly by the mods once before. I'll only say the rumor is horrifying on several different levels.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't expect MJ will be the death.

Not that I would put it past Slott to do it, but I think there have been some indications that she'll probably still be alive post-Slott and there's no way Peter would be acting the way he is in the FCBD issue if Mary Jane is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't expect MJ will be the death.

Not that I would put it past Slott to do it, but I think there have been some indications that she'll probably still be alive post-Slott and there's no way Peter would be acting the way he is in the FCBD issue if Mary Jane is dead.
    That would be pretty bold, but I don’t see that happening. At least I hope not!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I think it's more this than anything else. I hear that argument a lot when I lament the lack of romance in current 616 Spider-Man. I'm not even a hardcore Peter/MJ shipper rather I just like Spidey with a strong long-term love interest of some sort or even engaged in an interesting triangle. Frankly, I'd prefer anything (even a gay or bi Spider-Man for a change of pace) over the current frat boy emotionally stunted version of Peter who drifts from one meaningless short-term relationship to another.
    Yeah, I'm right there with you, I just like seeing him in any kind of romantic relationship and was disappointed we haven't had any real good one recently. I was one of the few excited about Spider-Man and Mockingbird being a couple, but then that turned out to be a false start anyway.

I'd say it is 70/30 that she will, just my two cents. I have a bad feeling for her. Speaking of which I very much hope the rumor I've heard about the circumstances surrounding her potential demise are not true. I won't post said details here as they were deleted very quickly by the mods once before. I'll only say the rumor is horrifying on several different levels.
    Considering the fact that the next writer for Spider man Said he has big plans for MJ I doubt it. If Slott tries I imagine it will be quickly retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonofthezombie View Post
    Considering the fact that the next writer for Spider man Said he has big plans for MJ I doubt it. If Slott tries I imagine it will be quickly retconned.
    Maybe, unless the other stuff is misdirection.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This is something I forgot but reading through the Spider-man Omnibus, Mary Jane is mentioned a hell of a lot before she's even introduced. Pete is in love with Betty for the longest time. Can't wait to get to the Mary Jane stuff.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    This is something I forgot but reading through the Spider-man Omnibus, Mary Jane is mentioned a hell of a lot before she's even introduced. Pete is in love with Betty for the longest time. Can't wait to get to the Mary Jane stuff.
    are you reading the first ASM omnibus? was thinking of finally buying that.

A quote from a tumblr that i find applicable to Peter/MJ relationship by Kairi Yajuu Analysis.

To me true love has never been something of a magic zing. Honestly Steven Universe said it best. “Love takes time and love takes work.” It’s not some mystic spirit that flows through us. To me soul mates don’t exist, or at least the idea of there being ‘the one’ for every single one of us doesn’t exist. True love is something that forms over time. True love is something that takes stubborn willpower to flourish and live…I yearn for that ache, for the troublesome work of keeping a relationship together through arguments about finances and the kids. Those moments are where I see true love shine. It’s not about the cute moments that make us fangirls squee with happiness. It’s not about seeing the character blush around one another. It’s not about who has more romantic gestures in the material. True, honest, mature love is about holding together through years, and years and years of being alone with only each other as company…It’s not about how not flashy the proposal was…It’s about how they worked together to live together in a way that kept them both happy even with upsetting moment and argument. If I don’t see a couple fighting I question if they truly love one another.*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A quote from a tumblr that i find applicable to Peter/MJ relationship by Kairi Yajuu Analysis.
    I do agree with this analysis, but it also gets into one of the things I imagine Marvel hates.

Comic books are flashy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do agree with this analysis, but it also gets into one of the things I imagine Marvel hates.

Comic books are flashy.
    I'm advocant for balance, i enjoy flashy stuff like Peter fighting the Hobgoblin while drunk or the Frogman by DeMatteis or cool action scenes like his figth with the Juggernaut, but i also appreciate the emotional depth that you can have with the marriage or just a serious relationship, wishfullfilment has always been part of the characther, but he wasn't only about that. This days it feel like things are either too silly or too depressing with no middle ground.
    Last edited by TheCape; 05-29-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to put some words

Not gonna happen. MJ just isn't important to the book anymore. If they kill her, it won't be fridging, it would be ... killing. For no apparent reason.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Maybe, unless the other stuff is misdirection.
    Look if they haven't killed off Aunt May after decades of her not being relevant to any Spider story what makes you think they would kill off the Character that the public knows as Spider-Man's love interest? Besides they already tried killing her off once. It didn't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Comic books are flashy.
    I would say what works so well about Peter and Mary Jane's relationship is that there is a good balance between the smaller, intimate, and "real" moments with the flashy, romantic, stuff.

Like, we've got Mary Jane comforting Peter after Gwen's death and then we also have the airport kiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not gonna happen. MJ just isn't important to the book anymore. If they kill her, it won't be fridging, it would be ... killing. For no apparent reason.
    Coming off a few issues where Mary Jane was making out with Peter and to where her entire role in the arc is as a target by a maniac because she's Peter Parker's ex-girlfriend, I think it would probably be closer to fridging.