Page 291 of 308 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4606
    BANNED

I hope so, there's only one official interview I know of where Spencer mentions MJ by name among other characters, I think it was when CBR broke the news.

MJ topped Newsarama's Top 10 Spider-Man girlfriends list.

https://www.newsarama.com/35146-spid...rlfriends.html

Peter's lucky date with Mary Jane Watson turned into a long-term relationship that even saw the two getting married (in 1987). They stayed together for decades, but because Marvel eventually wanted to eliminate the marriage (and open Peter up to other love interests), the two became estranged through a magical spell by Mephisto. Peter agreed to the spell to save Aunt May (which almost, just almost, makes it understandable) but fans are still smarting from the move. The two are still considered the greatest love story of Spider-Man's history, and many fans believe it's inevitable that their relationship will be rekindled - even though MJ recently shot Peter down again.
    (Why did Newsarama use a picture of Deb Whitman when discussing Liz Allan?)

They're both blondes who aren't Gwen Stacy. Must've mixed them up. Newsarama, big clue - Liz doesn't wear glasses!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So with RYV MJ involved in Spider-Geddon, do you think she'll interact with 616 MJ in addition to 616 Peter? Perhaps 616 Peter's memories of marriage will be triggered when he interacts with her? Or will it help to reinform him about his feelings for MJ due to RYV MJ's commitment to her own husband and daughter?

Either way, between this and Spencer's "major plans", it's nice to see MJ getting more attention. We should look to this as a healthy sign for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So with RYV MJ involved in Spider-Geddon, do you think she'll interact with 616 MJ in addition to 616 Peter? Perhaps 616 Peter's memories of marriage will be triggered when he interacts with her? Or will it help to reinform him about his feelings for MJ due to RYV MJ's commitment to her own husband and daughter?

Either way, between this and Spencer's "major plans", it's nice to see MJ getting more attention. We should look to this as a healthy sign for the future.
    I'd be surprised if 616 Mary Jane appears in the story, but I guess it would be interesting to have 616 Peter interact with a Mary Jane who's a married Superhero partner to her Peter (but I'm not expecting much).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be surprised if 616 Mary Jane appears in the story, but I guess it would be interesting to have 616 Peter interact with a Mary Jane who's a married Superhero partner to her Peter (but I'm not expecting much).
    I can see Peter helping her possibly rescue her family and he just sort of looks on at their reunion feeling a little like he's "missing something" and that'll be the extent of things.

Chapter Seventeen posted of my What If? OMD never happened story. The Menace Saga starts with a nice little slice of life -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

https://www.newsarama.com/40310-tony...-iron-man.html

Ok folks, we can panic a little less now...Tony's love interest won't be MJ, which means she's still available for Spencer's twists and turns

Ok folks, we can panic a little less now...Tony's love interest won't be MJ, which means she's still available for Spencer's twists and turns
    I would've been more surprised to see Slott keep MJ, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've been more surprised to see Slott keep MJ, to be honest.
    Same here actually.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here actually.
    Yes.
    Why people imagined that she was going to be the girlfriend? I saw fans terrified about this.
    I always imagine that Tony is considerably older than Pete and MJ and to me the idea is that MJ is in love for Peter but the problem is that she is not going to date another superhero.

I would guess Slott saw MJ working for Tony Stark as Bendis' story. And now that Bendis' run is over, he's looking to leave his own mark on the series. I don't think there's any kind of anti-MJ or anti-Bendis agenda on this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would guess Slott saw MJ working for Tony Stark as Bendis' story. And now that Bendis' run is over, he's looking to leave his own mark on the series. I don't think there's any kind of anti-MJ or anti-Bendis agenda on this move.
    I think you are most likely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I also doubt Slott had much of a story to tell with MJ outside what he did with her in Spider-Man.

Mighty Member

shrugs
    I never worried about that just like I wasn't worried about Mary Jane being killed off
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.