Page 293 of 308 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4606

has there been an update on what MJ's role in the new Spider-Man video game is?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ played a small but touching role in Issue 800, Cebulski told fans that Spencer has plans for MJ, and she appears in a flashback to "To Have and to Hold", one of their most meaningful moments, in the previews for the first issue of Spencer's run

Not to mention she's still his wife in the daily strip and RYV, and RYV MJ plays a role in Spidergeddon

So that's all false. MJ remains important.

Also, telling people in an appreciation thread to just accept MJ "has no bearing on the mythos anymore" is strongly ill-advised
    And also the never-ending stream of covers with her on it, Marvel clearly does care about her and knows she can sell something. They just don't want her married to Peter, they have no problem with them being together or her being apart of books. It's all up to the writers to decide what they want to do, Slott didn't want to do much, and we'll have to see what Spencer does; like you mentioned, the fact they have a flashback to that scene is incredibly interesting and must be there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been an update on what MJ's role in the new Spider-Man video game is?
    Based on some of the gameplay footage shown, she appears to be someone who will talk to you during missions and give you information on where you should go or the objective, thanks to her reporter skills. She seems to be in this game what Oracle was in the Batman Arkham games. We also know she has a couple stealth gameplay sections, but we haven't had any clear information regarding how they work exactly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And also the never-ending stream of covers with her on it, Marvel clearly does care about her and knows she can sell something. They just don't want her married to Peter, they have no problem with them being together or her being apart of books. It's all up to the writers to decide what they want to do, Slott didn't want to do much, and we'll have to see what Spencer does; like you mentioned, the fact they have a flashback to that scene is incredibly interesting and must be there for some reason.
    I feel like that variant month was a testament to Marvel's issue with Mary Jane, where they'll use her to sell covers like she's still a fashion model but will hardly do anything meaningful or important with her aside from a few stray moments.

But even knowing she's popular and can sell doesn't lend her the kind of push that other Spiders (or Gwen) gets. Maybe that's because she's not really known for being a costumed Superhero, which I prefer, but still.

I think we just lucked out that Insomniac wanted to use her in a big way in their video game, both regarding her importance to Peter and having a significant role in the story, since that's probably one of the more positive news about MJ we still have to look forward to.

Whatever plans Spencer has with her could go either way at this point.

BANNED

Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-19-2018 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

Updated with full color cover

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that variant month was a testament to Marvel's issue with Mary Jane, where they'll use her to sell covers like she's still a fashion model but will hardly do anything meaningful or important with her aside from a few stray moments.

But even knowing she's popular and can sell doesn't lend her the kind of push that other Spiders (or Gwen) gets. Maybe that's because she's not really known for being a costumed Superhero, which I prefer, but still....
    I think part of the reason they don't push her harder in this role is if they did it could backfire on their current Mandate. If her Spinneret incarnation became wildly popular people might just say if 616 MJ has a problem with Peter being Spider-Man, and that is the only thing keeping the couple apart, why not just turn her into a version of Spinneret in the main book?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I get the "jackpot," but no tigers? Seriously?

Very nice dynanmic pic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

No sign nor mention of Mary Jane in Iron Man today.

BANNED

There's a nice treat in Spectacular Spider-Man#306 today

spoilers:
    Teresa encourages a stricken Peter to draw on the memories of all the people he's loved, and Peter focuses on a moment with MJ
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-27-2018 at 07:47 AM.

spoilers:
    MJ makes a brief cameo amongst all the memories of Peter's loved ones
    end of spoilers
    What's nice about it

spoilers:
    is it's the very first memory, he uses his memory of Mary Jane to sort out the information
    It's just sad that it's only her second appearance in the book and that includes the FCBD issue.
    https://i.imgur.com/2i9jFiL.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Animehunter; 06-27-2018 at 08:12 AM.

BANNED

J.Scott Campbell variant for ASM#2

spoilers:
    Teresa encourages a stricken Peter to draw on the memories of all the people he's loved, and Peter focuses on a moment with MJ
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know there was some debate about about Zdarsky's take on Peter and Mary Jane, but I think this indicates that he does look on their relationship very favorably .
    end of spoilers

Is there anything MJ doesn't fill out well .

Astonishing Member

No wonder Spider-Man's Spider-Sense is tingling!

20 Reasons Why Lois & Superman Are DC’s Finest Couple (And Batman & Catwoman Aren’t)
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-best-dc-couple/

Reading this, I swear I could see the same for Peter and Mary Jane, If only they had kept Aunt May dead back in ASM #400, then I would have said the same for No.10, Where apparently a deal with the devil to exchange their marriage of the life of a character that should have been killed off ages ago rates higher.