Page 295 of 308 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4606

Yeah, I got the idea that while he may not've chosen to undo the marriage, his main beef was once being assigned to do it, they re-wrote his retcon.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, I got the idea that while he may not've chosen to undo the marriage, his main beef was once being assigned to do it, they re-wrote his retcon.
    JMS has said a few times he would have written the marriage indefinitely if he were allowed to.

Chapter Eighteen posted of my What If? OMD never happened story. The Menace Saga kicks into high gear with lots of interesting AU goodness -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Tom King brought up Peter and MJ's relationship when discussing the plot twists of Batman#50

“I think there is a difference between Batman and Superman on this level. Maybe Spider-man’s a better example,” King told ComicBook.com at New York Comic Con last year (you can see the video above). “I think when people see the marriage between Spider-Man and Mary Jane, a lot of people see the end of a story. ‘You’ve given Spider-Man happiness, so there’s sort of nowhere to go.’ That’s why you get Mephisto and you get the reversal of the whole thing. I think Batman is the exact opposite.You give him happiness and you’re creating conflict. You’re not ending conflict, you’re creating something. You can’t go darker on Batman. Everything darker has been done….Batman has been as dark as he can be, but you give a character that dark, that painful, a touch of happiness, you’re adding fuel to a fire that’s never gotten fuel on it before. I think there’s a lot more story there.”

http://comicbook.com/2018/07/02/batm...f-his-wedding/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Tom King brought up Peter and MJ's relationship when discussing the plot twists of Batman#50

http://comicbook.com/2018/07/02/batm...f-his-wedding/
    Yeah, as brilliant a writer as King is I'd probably think twice before reading his take on Spider-Man based on this. He just admitted he wouldn't have any ideas for how to write a married Peter/MJ.

Well, that quote was from a year ago, and as we saw from the issue, he's not going with the "being happy creates conflict" route, so I'm pretty sure he sees both characters as being unable to achieve true happiness or risk nowhere else to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Well, that quote was from a year ago, and as we saw from the issue, he's not going with the "being happy creates conflict" route, so I'm pretty sure he sees both characters as being unable to achieve true happiness or risk nowhere else to go.
    Except King wrote a story last year where Bruce and Selina grew old together. The jury's still out on whether that was an Elseworld or a flash forward. He also says the story between Bruce and Selina is'nt over yet.

https://twitter.com/bcunningham71/st...85209467375616

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #257 dropped a bombshell in stores on this day in 1984: Mary Jane Watson revealed she knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man! It hit 13-year-old me like a punch from Puma! The idea was artist Ron Frenz's, and writer Tom DeFalco knew a good idea when he heard one!

Except King wrote a story last year where Bruce and Selina grew old together. The jury's still out on whether that was an Elseworld or a flash forward. He also says the story between Bruce and Selina is'nt over yet.
    Yeah, although even if it is actually a flash forward and not an Elseworld, it still technically an ending since Bruce dies in that. And if his plan is to get them back together "for real" in 100, that's an ending again, so wouldn't be showing us what conflict this happy Batman would deal with, although I guess you could argue 33-49 was basically that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, although even if it is actually a flash forward and not an Elseworld, it still technically an ending since Bruce dies in that. And if his plan is to get them back together "for real" in 100, that's an ending again, so wouldn't be showing us what conflict this happy Batman would deal with, although I guess you could argue 33-49 was basically that.
    He's teased the ending in 100 might not be a happy one, which fits his narrative M.O.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the article. Read it this morning and it was pretty insightful stuff.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Well...that didn't take long...

Now where's the swerve?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Well...that didn't take long...

Now where's the swerve?
    man even if it was a swerve, this is already my favorite story Marvel put out with 616 Peter in years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    man even if it was a swerve, this is already my favorite story Marvel put out with 616 Peter in years.
    Agreed. Peter actually having a "my god, I exploited that doctorate" moment and then saying he came up with better theories than Doc Ock was my favorite of the multiple "take thats" to Slott's run.

MJ being there for Peter to vent was great, with Peter reflecting a lot on their time together, it wasn't all perfect either, he acknowledged the pitfalls in their relationship too and wasn't sure if him opening to MJ was a mistake or not.

I think getting back with MJ so quickly (and especially after what was said in "Go Down Swinging") felt more than a little jarring...but it does harken back to JMS' airport reunion speech. Seems all it takes to draw MJ back in is for Peter to say she's needed in his life.