Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC Comics Launches "Legends of Tomorrow" Anthology Series

Firestorm, Metamorpho, Metal Men and Sugar and Spike feature in the new set of tales, which boasts talent like Gerry Conway, Aaron Lopresti and more.

Full article here.

I was wondering if they were going to launch all the titles they announced months ago- this seems to be their way of testing the waters. When is this going to launch?

This whole thing is weird. Why are the four unrelated characters forced in 1 book? Why is it named after a show none of them are in? (While Firestorm is in Legends neither Raymond or Rusch is, although Raymond could show up in a guest role, or I guess Stein could be more important to the comic). Does it involve time travel? If not how are they legends of tomorrow?

Edited to reflect the solicit better.
    Last edited by dan12456; 12-11-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Looks nice.

I was wondering what DC would do about the minis, and putting them all together in an anthology book is I guess as good a move as they could make all things considered and the title is interesting (and people say DC isn't doing any cross-promotion ).

I'll probably check this out .

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This whole thing is weird. Why are the four unrelated characters forced in 1 book? Why is it named after a show none of them are in? (While Firestorm is in Legends neither Raymond or Rusch is, although Raymond could show up in a guest role, or I guess Stein could show up in the comic). Does it involve time travel? If not how are they legends of tomorrow?
    It's just a name.

Not interested in any of these characters. Maybe firestorm but not this one. If it was a series set outside current continuity I would be interested maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Not interested in any of these characters. Maybe firestorm but not this one. If it was a series set outside current continuity I would be interested maybe.
    But it is written by Gerry Conway.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    It's just a name.
    That's a pointless reply. Obviously they are using the name of the show debuting next month. It's not a fluke they used the same name...
    But it also makes no sense as it doesn't tie to the show at all.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This whole thing is weird. Why are the four unrelated characters forced in 1 book? Why is it named after a show none of them are in? (While Firestorm is in Legends neither Raymond or Rusch is, although Raymond could show up in a guest role, or I guess Stein could show up in the comic). Does it involve time travel? If not how are they legends of tomorrow?
    Brand appeal, plus it's a convenient way to combine four mini-series that DC isn't very confident in.

Mike Barr's Katana mini was combined with Deadshot as well.

Spectacular Member

There is no way this title is going to survive with an $8 price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Brand appeal, plus it's a convenient way to combine four mini-series that DC isn't very confident in.

Mike Barr's Katana mini was combined with Deadshot as well.
    Yeah but when fans pick up a comic called Legends of Tomorrow and then find out it has nothing to do with the show not only will they not pick up the next issue but they will probably be pissed.

I just don't get how this name is suppose to appeal to fans at all, except maybe tricking a few on the first issue.

Extraordinary Member

Also, as far as the title, part of the purpose of that for the show, aside from somewhat of a play on words due to the time travel thing, is that the team is a collection of people who are not even heroes (yet), but what they do now form legends in the future, or, you know tomorrow. Sounds like a great title for collecting stories of characters like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    That's fine, this actually interests me more. I'll take a bundle like this which is considerably cheaper than trying out four different books.

I'm disappointed the minis got canned, but pleased they're still being released in some format.

I am definitely buying every issue of this series!