Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Black Panther vs. Reed Richards

1. Who would win in a hand to hand fight?

2. Who's smarter? (I thought Panther hacking into Galactus' ship with his Kimoyo card was a pretty good feat)

Default Black Panther vs. Mr. Fantastic

1. Who wins in a straight hand to hand fight

2. Who's smarter? (I thought Panther hacking into Galactus' ship with his Kimoyo card was impressive)

1. Reed

2. Reed by a mile .

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    1. Reed

2. Reed by a mile .
    1. Panther goes around beating down guys like Black Dwarf. I tend to think Panther wins here.

2. Reed may be a bit smarter

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    1. Panther goes around beating down guys like Black Dwarf. I tend to think Panther wins here.

2. Reed may be a bit smarter
    1. Off panel

2.not a bit , a lot . He is the smartest person in this or any other universe ( as observed by himself )

BANNED

I love them both but I like BP more.

1. BP has some gadgets and has a probably invulnerable suit.

2. Reed is smarter

1. Off panel still counts. And they did show a snippet of it on panel.

2. Panther is not that far behind. But I do give the nod to Reed.

2. Who's smarter? (I thought Panther hacking into Galactus' ship with his Kimoyo card was a pretty good feat)
    Reed might be the smartest man on the planet.

1. Not it doesn't . Not when T'Challa has an army, the most technologically advanced country and God knows what prep , backing him up

Or, to put it this way : Black Dwarf took a punch from Thanos and did not explode . Do you feel T'Challa without prep /resources whatever can hurt such a guy ?

2. Again, there was an actual story arc where Reed observed the multiverse and found that in every case , the outcome of civil war was the best when he (Reed) worked alone. Not with Tony( incidentally above T'Challa himself ) or Hank ( no slouch ) . Just Reed solo , not limited by those around him

And then there are his actual feats like being required by Alien entity to understand the working of the universe and building celestial hurting weapons etc

I'm a big fan of the Black Panther, except for the Hudlin run, but he is out of his league here.

1. Take away super-powers, and Black Panther would stomp Reed Richards. With powers, Reed dominates this fight. Panther can't even hit hard enough to injure Reed's stretchy body, while Reed can stretch so wide that he is practically an HTH area-of-effect attack. Once Reed gets ahold of Panther, he can easily out-grapple and then suffocate BP.

2. Intelligence is Reed's thing in the Marvel Universe. He isn't just a smart guy who invented some stuff like T'Challa or even Tony Stark. Reed is a guy who can almost casually comprehend and wield completely unfamiliar technology, no matter how alien or advanced. His own creations run a wide gamut from dimensional travel to shrinking to a sub-atomic level to all kinds of other areas of scientific study. Other geniuses might surpass Reed at a given specialty, like metallurgy (Iron Man) or magic (Dr. Strange), but generally Reed is an expert at everything.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

1. How does BP beat Reed in a fight? It would be like trying to punch dough. Unless BP whips out a gadget that somehow blocks Reed's powers, all Reed has to do is envelope BP inside a ball of him and squeeze the air out.

2. Reed is smarter
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    1. Not it doesn't . Not when T'Challa has an army, the most technologically advanced country and God knows what prep , backing him up

Or, to put it this way : Black Dwarf took a punch from Thanos and did not explode . Do you feel T'Challa without prep /resources whatever can hurt such a guy ?

2. Again, there was an actual story arc where Reed observed the multiverse and found that in every case , the outcome of civil war was the best when he (Reed) worked alone. Not with Tony( incidentally above T'Challa himself ) or Hank ( no slouch ) . Just Reed solo , not limited by those around him

And then there are his actual feats like being required by Alien entity to understand the working of the universe and building celestial hurting weapons etc
    The fight between Tchalla and Black Dwarf was a random encounter. And Tchalla was able to spill his blood. Yes, he can hurt beings on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Black Panther, except for the Hudlin run, but he is out of his league here.

1. Take away super-powers, and Black Panther would stomp Reed Richards. With powers, Reed dominates this fight. Panther can't even hit hard enough to injure Reed's stretchy body, while Reed can stretch so wide that he is practically an HTH area-of-effect attack. Once Reed gets ahold of Panther, he can easily out-grapple and then suffocate BP.

Panther still has his energy daggers and grenades that can hurt Reed.

I should've added...using full equipment
    Last edited by Vanguard; 12-11-2015 at 03:56 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yeah, BP is smart but reed is in a whole other galaxy of smart. this is the same guy who created a entirely new field of science based off a book he read as a child. and even brought in another genius, the mad thinker, to check his work and even he admitted that most of what reed was doing was beyond him.

The fight between Tchalla and Black Dwarf was a random encounter. And Tchalla was able to spill his blood. Yes, he can hurt beings on that level.
    Thanos hits Black Panther full on, what do you figure happens?

edit: said more directly, "it happened, therefore it counts" is not a line of reasoning we particularly truck in here. The idea is that performances are weighed for validity against the characters involved and their abilities. It's why we don't otherwise particularly count things like say, Spiderman beating up a herald of Galactus, or Deathstroke basically outright warping reality such that Kyle's GL ring now works like it never had to let him contest control of it, or people without a lick of superspeed reaction time hitting Wally "I react to the merest fractional sensation of a bullet against my neck to get out of the way with everything now in frozen statue mode despite being shot from behind" West.

Panther is not viably a guy who rocks class 100 bricks. It means you are otherwise saying that the vast majority of his performances where he is no such thing are all him being jobbed out.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.