Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Actually Steve was against murdering a Hope ... the only one that wanted to go that route was Wolverine. Steve threw Logan out of a plane in disagreement over that.
    He led a private militia in an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation and then held all the children there as a prisoners of war at Avengers Academy. If Scott had let Steve take Hope she would have died. In the end Cyclops was right though, new mutants began to be activated again after AvX. Luckily Rogers made up for it by assembling his token squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    He led a private militia in an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation and then held all the children there as a prisoners of war at Avengers Academy. If Scott had let Steve take Hope she would have died. In the end Cyclops was right though, new mutants began to be activated again after AvX. Luckily Rogers made up for it by assembling his token squad.
    Hope eventually did go along with Steve and the Avengers by choice, and she didn't die so I'm honestly not seeing a huge problem in that regard.

Do we really need to relive AvX here? We all know how the story turned out. Hope went with the Avengers and learned to control the Phoenix, the Avengers and X-Men unite to stop the P5, they beat Cyclops and get Phoenix into Hope, mutants are restored, and everyone lives happily ever after. It all worked out exactly like it needed to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are not mutants, so they dont count; and anyways, it's not like the public was ever told that they were mutants, isnt it?.
    That's cute. As far as anyone was concerned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were mutants and as far as the writers were concerned they were mutants and the public new it. After all the way members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, in fact I'm pretty sure most of the mutant members of the Avengers have had their status as mutants publicly known apart from anomalies like Namor
    And have you seen how Rogue is treated in Uncanny Avengers ?.
    Well I didn't really care for Uncanny Avengers after the first handful of issues but are we really complaining about a book that internal conflict within a team has members strongly disagreeing on issues or did you expect everyone to simply bow down to whatever Rogue said because of who she was?
    Last edited by Orbus; 12-14-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Actually Steve was against murdering a Hope ... the only one that wanted to go that route was Wolverine. Steve threw Logan out of a plane in disagreement over that.
    Yeah, his plan was more like kidnapping Hope and locking her up in a underground base.

Hope eventually did go along with Steve and the Avengers by choice, and she didn't die so I'm honestly not seeing a huge problem in that regard.

Do we really need to relive AvX here? We all know how the story turned out. Hope went with the Avengers and learned to control the Phoenix, the Avengers and X-Men unite to stop the P5, they beat Cyclops and get Phoenix into Hope, mutants are restored, and everyone lives happily ever after. It all worked out exactly like it needed to.
    I.e. Cyclops was right.
    And AvX is a wound that hasnt and wont heal for a while.

And yeah, Hope left voluntary with them, but that didnt stopped the Avengers from sucker-punching the rest of the kids that were playing videogames with her, or having the duct tape and ropes ready to use on her. And since when Spider-man quoting "Karate Kid" doesnt count as training ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    That's cute. As far as anyone was concerned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were mutants and as far as the writers were concerned they were mutants and the public new it. After all the way members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, in fact I'm pretty sure most of the mutant members of the Avengers have had their status as mutants publicly known apart from anomalies like Namor.
    Do you have any proof of that ?, like a panel where after a group of normal humans was saved, someone said "maybe these mutants are not so bad like Magneto" ?.
    And anyways, it's not like the Avengers' "approach" was worked at all either, those two became Avengers around the same time that the Sentinel Program was created, isnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Well I didn't really care for Uncanny Avengers after the first handful of issues but are we really complaining about a book that internal conflict within a team has members strongly disagreeing on issues or did you expect everyone to simply bow down to whatever Rogue said because of who she was?
    Well, they bowed down to whatever the Scarlet Witch said because of who she was, so why not ?.

Well, this thread went south fast enough.
    From Legacy Virus, to AvX, to "Cyclops was right"...
    Expected.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I don't see the point in wondering about stuff like this. I mean, we know why characters don't always help each other out - it's to keep the different titles distinct, and it's so the protagonists get to be the heroes of their own story. Insisting that it's because certain characters or teams are douchebags is just being obtuse. Unless they're consistently characterised that way in their titles, it's obviously not true.

Yeah, his plan was more like kidnapping Hope and locking her up in a underground base.

I.e. Cyclops was right.
    And AvX is a wound that hasnt and wont heal for a while.

And yeah, Hope left voluntary with them, but that didnt stopped the Avengers from sucker-punching the rest of the kids that were playing videogames with her, or having the duct tape and ropes ready to use on her. And since when Spider-man quoting "Karate Kid" doesnt count as training ?.

Do you have any proof of that ?, like a panel where after a group of normal humans was saved, someone said "maybe these mutants are not so bad like Magneto" ?.
    And anyways, it's not like the Avengers' "approach" was worked at all either, those two became Avengers around the same time that the Sentinel Program was created, isnt it ?.

Well, they bowed down to whatever the Scarlet Witch said because of who she was, so why not ?.
    Like I said, Hope ended up going with Steve of her own free will and everything turned out just fine for everyone involved. So it all worked out.

As far as Cyclops being right... he's right about some things and wrong about some things. Like pretty much everyone else in the story. But in the end everyone got what they wanted out of it, so it's all good. Hope got the training she needed to do what she needed to do to restore mutants, and the X-Men and Avengers all came together to save the earth from the P5, so it was a win-win all around.

As far as the wounds of AvX... the Avengers have for the most part moved on. On the X-Men side of things some apparently still have issues with what Cyclops did but I'm sure they'll forgive him and move on. Eventually.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-14-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Expected.
    You should totally see what is going to happen once Civil War 2 is over.

Like I said, Hope ended up going with Steve of her own free will and everything turned out just fine for everyone involved. So it all worked out.

As far as Cyclops being right... he's right about some things and wrong about some things. Like pretty much everyone else in the story. But in the end everyone got what they wanted out of it, so it's all good. Hope got the training she needed to do what she needed to do to restore mutants, and the X-Men and Avengers all came together to save the earth from the P5, so it was a win-win all around.

As far as the wounds of AvX... the Avengers have for the most part moved on. On the X-Men side of things some apparently still have issues with what Cyclops did but I'm sure they'll forgive him and move on. Eventually.
    Well, i was talking about the fans' wounds, but yeah, the in-universe wounds wont heal soon either.

Well, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are not mutants, so they dont count; and anyways, it's not like the public was ever told that they were mutants, isnt it?.
    And have you seen how Rogue is treated in Uncanny Avengers ?.

Given that the only more dangerous place for mutants than the school, is outside of it..........................................
    Just going off of what I remember, the persecution rhetoric that surrounded Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch prior to the 'not-mutant' retcon varied between being mutants, being gypsies, being Magneto's kids (which they treated more the problem that he was a terrorist and that cringey time he mind-controlled Wanda into dancing for him is now in a much more creepy light), and Wanda being married to a synthezoid at that point in time.

I'm not entirely sure there was like an issue where the Avengers all-out reveal to the public that the twins were mutants...mostly because in the early days they didn't know WTF they were (I'm pretty sure earlier they didn't really question where their powers were from and mutants was not a common thing being mentioned in non-X-Men books at that time). If they thought they were the Whizzer's kids, that's primarily what they thought their powers were from. After the reveal of Magneto, I think it was more of an extended realization off thatthat "oh that means our powers are because we're mutants. Kay." If The Avengers never explicitly all-out proclaim they were mutants, it's most likely because they'd then have to reveal their connection to Magneto the international terrorist.

Of course, now that's all irrelevant with their latest retcon, but now they have done way worse things to worry about so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Expected.
    Did you read the OP post? It started off with a fairly accusatory tone about how the Avengers or other superhero groups didn't seem to assist with curing the Legacy virus, specifically all the superhero scientists like Pym or Banner.

Honestly the thread didn't devolved, but it's became the kind of discussion that such an opening would lead to.
    Last edited by Byakko; 12-14-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    He led a private militia in an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation and then held all the children there as a prisoners of war at Avengers Academy.
    1) Avengers are US if not UN sanctioned. They had presidential authority for what they did in AvX.
    2) That island was in US sovereign waters and run by a US citizen. Nobody recognized Utopia as a sovereign nation, unlike Genosha when Magneto did.
    3) Yeah, those X-kids really suffered being around Hercules...

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    1) Avengers are US if not UN sanctioned. They had presidential authority for what they did in AvX.
    2) That island was in US sovereign waters and run by a US citizen. Nobody recognized Utopia as a sovereign nation, unlike Genosha when Magneto did.
    3) Yeah, those X-kids really suffered being around Hercules...
    1) The Sentinels are US if not UN sanctioned too, you know.
    2) Like if that would have stopped them............................................
    3) Well, they had to see him running around naked, and given X-23's reaction it wasnt a nice sight.