Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He can hurt Jess just fine. Luke is the hard part
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does Widow get her electric batons?

This basically comes down to if Cap can hit Luke and JJ hard enough to knock them cold. He is vastly more skilled than them but... can he hurt them?

What is Cap's track record about supered beings? He's got fights against Skull, Bucky. Loki, and Ultron right?
    Cap gets his shield and DD gets his sticks, everyone else is weaponless.

Spectacular Member

I see Cap treating DD like he handled Batroc in their fight....a decent workout but not a real threat. I see Luke and Jessica beating Widow soundly and quicker than Cap beating DD. Matt's damage soak will keep him in the fight a little longer than Batroc vs Cap. Then, it's Luke and a somewhat beat up JJ vs Cap. Steve is clearly the powerhouse on the battlefield. His strength is in Luke and JJ's ballpark, he is much, much faster than they are and far more skilled. His shield will keep him from getting hit by their slow unskilled haymakers. The combination of his speed and skill advantage, along with his shield will make landing a single blow by the duo a tough task. He'll knockout Jessica first and wear down Cage by using his shield as an offensive weapon.

The only way I see the Netflix gang winning is if DD matches up vs Widow and Luke and JJ team up on Cap. I think DD will beat Widow more often than not but will take his lumps. I certainly believe he can take down Natasha before Cap can wear down the duo. In this scenario, Cap will eventually get triple teamed and get overwhelmed eventually.

With what we've seen so far the MCU team. I mean Super Cap could probaly take them all by himself. Im hoping Luke is alot stronger then the the final fight with Jess indicated. He paused at the end so she could stop him , maybe he was holding back fighting her. Cause pre kilgrave luke in front of the bus treated her like she wasnt even there till she confessed. From what we have seen so far though MCU gets the edge. Cap can do as much blunt damage with his shield as a Shotgun to the head. SO he can knock Luke out which would be the toughest part. Cap is atleast as skilled as this version of DD so tie goes to the guy who throws motorcycles through the air. Black Widow would just make sure Cap doesnt get attacked by all three at once. Though she has a chance vs jessica or Matt. After Cages show this answer could change, I have a feeling hes alot stronger then what we saw. Jessica is the detective, Matts super skilled and has super senses, IronFist will be superskilled with powers. Luke is the tank, they already undercut his endurance by having a shotgun almost kill him. That cant be explained as him holding back like his strength can, thats now his established limit. So he needs to be alot stronger then Jessica for his role in a defenders movie.

Comics Cap and Black Widow go down quick. They wouldnt be able to hurt Cage, and DDs skilled enough to take care of himself. But thats irrelevant here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BCaeser1 View Post
    Cap gets his shield and DD gets his sticks, everyone else is weaponless.
    Nope, OP says Widow gets no guns. Everything else she uses is in the field of play. That means it's basically Widow and Cap versus Cage because Matt and Jessica really have no defense against getting shocked.

I believe Cage will provide a definite workout for Widow and Cap, but ultimately, they are both too skilled at hth for Cage to tag decisively and thus they will wear him down.

Shock or not Matt could still take her.

She does not want to take a baton to the face, and they have more range/reach than her widow stingers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Shock or not Matt could still take her.
    Yes, he could take her. It's just highly unlikely given the plethora of gadgets she employs while fighting.

She does not want to take a baton to the face, and they have more range/reach than her widow stingers.
    But not more range than some of her other gadgets. She also uses flashbang discs and discs that use electrical shocks to incapacitate multiple opponents. Black Widow isn't a one trick pony. She's a skilled S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with many weapons that could knock out both Matt and Jessica pretty quickly.

Not that it really matters, because Steve can knock out Matt and Jessica with one toss of his shield. This is still a fight of Cage versus Widow and Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Not that it really matters, because Steve can knock out Matt and Jessica with one toss of his shield. This is still a fight of Cage versus Widow and Cap.
    What makes you think that?
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is Cap's track record about supered beings? He's got fights against Skull, Bucky. Loki, and Ultron right?
    The Loki fight is one of Cap's best feats, even if it didn't last all that long. He kind of rocked Loki a little bit and was able to dodge or block some attacks. Loki still outfought him, but he's also in a whole other class above Jessica, and most likely a better fighter than Cage.

I agree that Jessica is the weak link here. She has more variety, sure, but her lack of fighting skills is often both a trait AND an outright plot point (no spoilers); the writers intend for her to be a poor fighter so that her supporting cast can step up.

Cage is going to be formidable, for sure. But his invulnerability is sometimes inconsistent. One moment he takes a surprise, full force blow to the head from a human and doesn't notice until he sees debris flying over his head; other times, he can be tackled by a couple guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The Loki fight is one of Cap's best feats, even if it didn't last all that long. He kind of rocked Loki a little bit and was able to dodge or block some attacks. Loki still outfought him, but he's also in a whole other class above Jessica, and most likely a better fighter than Cage.

I agree that Jessica is the weak link here. She has more variety, sure, but her lack of fighting skills is often both a trait AND an outright plot point (no spoilers); the writers intend for her to be a poor fighter so that her supporting cast can step up.

Cage is going to be formidable, for sure. But his invulnerability is sometimes inconsistent. One moment he takes a surprise, full force blow to the head from a human and doesn't notice until he sees debris flying over his head; other times, he can be tackled by a couple guys.
    pretty sure Cap can knock this version of Cage out with a full force shield to the head. Also im pretty sure he was hiding his strength thats why a couple guys could tackle him. He also let all those dudes pin him to the wall in the bar till he decided screw it and pushed them all off like it was nothing IIRC. Iono untill his show comes out and we get better answers to Cages abilities Cap and Natasha get it. We also didnt get to see Cage really try in a fight during Jessica Jones. He always moved slow like hes holding back, except when he punched the bus. So we dont know how well he can fight really. Comics Cage was a talented street fighter long before IronFist taught him to fight with technique.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Yes, he could take her. It's just highly unlikely given the plethora of gadgets she employs while fighting.

But not more range than some of her other gadgets. She also uses flashbang discs and discs that use electrical shocks to incapacitate multiple opponents. Black Widow isn't a one trick pony. She's a skilled S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with many weapons that could knock out both Matt and Jessica pretty quickly.

For the most part I agree with you but JJ has shown a good deal of resistance to getting shocked. DD won't be bothered by a flashbang and his uncanny agility and skill is his defense vs Widow's stingers or Cap's shield toss. Daredevil won't get hit by a shield toss or a ricochet. Jones took multiple blows from Cage, including a punch that sent her flying across a nightclub. A single shield toss won't put her down.

If Matt and Jessica take Widow, they will definitely drop her before Cap drops Luke. To me, that's their best chance at winning.

I agree that Cap and Widow would win but I think the fight would be much more competitive than the scenario you described.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Jones and Cage should be able to take Cap, and I can't see anything in the movies that Black Widow has done that puts her on Daredevil's level. She's good at take downs via stealth, she's not much of a brawler unless she's armed. Hand to hand she'd go down against Daredevil I think.

Jones and Cage vs Cap is random chance, their combined strength should match Cap's feats or topple it but Cap is fully trained and that shield is a deus ex machina all of itself. So can't predict Jones & Cage v Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Also im pretty sure he was hiding his strength thats why a couple guys could tackle him.
    Not at the secret pot farm. His first couple attacks were clearly superstrength, but he was briefly tackled. Yet during the bar fight, when he was attacked from behind with the full force of a bottle, and when he was stabbed in the neck, both surprise attacks he acted as if a baby breathed on him.

As well, Iron Fist isn't in the MCU yet nor has he met Cage, so MCU Cage is nowhere near the level of Comics Cage (yet).

Could Cap take him out? Could be possible, sure; he managed to occupy Ultron Prime by himself, after all. But it's hard to gauge how quickly Cap can take him down given that Luke's durability is a little inconsistent.

Amazing Member

***SPOILERS FOR JESSICA JONES***

Luke was knocked unconscious and suffered internal damage from the force of a 12 gauge shotgun blast to the head that Jessica fired at him. His unbreakable skin means nothing since they showed his internal organs can be affected. Cap, in the "Civil War" trailer, is shown at one point holding down a MOVING HELICOPTER. His punches would have more force than a shotgun blast.

On the other hand, he tanked an explosion.
    -Stephen McCranie