Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Mike Deodato Jr.!!!

Carnage by Mike Deodato Jr.

BANNED

Carnage (Marvel Zombies)
    Art by RapidFireS117
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-30-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Love me some Carnage. He is deliciously immoral, a true inverse of Spidey.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

CARNAGE #12

GERRY CONWAY(W) • MIKE PERKINS (A/C)
    Cover by MICHAEL WALSH
    • The survivors of the Anti-Carnage Task Force have followed Cletus Kasady into his trap!
    • Surrounded by Carnage-infected monsters and with nowhere to run, how many survivors will be left?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Personally, I dropped the title during #3, thinking that it'd be cancelled before #10, but I picked up a random issue, and I'm really loving all the callbacks on old Marvel Supernatural titles. Plus, it looks as if the title hasn't lost any steam. I'm seriously considering adding it to my pull once again.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Personally, I dropped the title during #3, thinking that it'd be cancelled before #10, but I picked up a random issue, and I'm really loving all the callbacks on old Marvel Supernatural titles. Plus, it looks as if the title hasn't lost any steam. I'm seriously considering adding it to my pull once again.
    I agree. Carnage really needs to be treated for what he is; a psychotic monster from the stars that wreaks havoc wherever he goes, not just a red Venom that likes heavy metal. Turning him into some kind of plague or ever-expanding biomass is the way to go.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

I have my fingers crossed Carnage shows up in Slapstick's ongoing series...
    http://www.newsarama.com/30074-marvel-now-s-most-surprising-star-slapstick-gets-ongoing.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I agree. Carnage really needs to be treated for what he is; a psychotic monster from the stars that wreaks havoc wherever he goes, not just a red Venom that likes heavy metal. Turning him into some kind of plague or ever-expanding biomass is the way to go.
    Sorry, I meant to respond but I totally forgot about it. Yeah, I agree, it's much more interesting to have a Carnage who's more than just a Joker rip-off. IMO, the current book is doing an excellent job of fleshing him out. Though, I would like to see him develop a personality that's more akin to a villainous Rust Cohle.

CARNAGE #13
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • MIKE PERKINS (a)
    Cover by MICHAEL WALSH
    • No escape from Carnage Island!!
    • What has the world come to when the Anti-Carnage Task Force must team up with their most hated enemy in order to survive?
    • And will this lead to a more peaceful Cletus Kasady? Don’t bet your life on it…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mark Bagley!!!

BANNED

CARNAGE #14

GERRY CONWAY (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)

Cover by MICHAEL WALSH

• Behold the history of the Darkhold!
    • For many months now, Carnage believed the Darkhold held a great prophecy for himself, but what if he was wrong?
    • Meanwhile, what truths must the Anti-Carnage Task Force about themselves?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Sorry, I meant to respond but I totally forgot about it. Yeah, I agree, it's much more interesting to have a Carnage who's more than just a Joker rip-off. IMO, the current book is doing an excellent job of fleshing him out. Though, I would like to see him develop a personality that's more akin to a villainous Rust Cohle.
    That would be cool. Carnage has stated before that he believes that life is pointless and that God is an idiot (which put him at odds with Demogoblin during Maximum Carnage). One aspect of Kasady that I haven't liked as of late is how writers have made him some kind of redneck. It's alright if he's from a poor area of upstate New York, but at times, you'd think he was from Georgia.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    That would be cool. Carnage has stated before that he believes that life is pointless and that God is an idiot (which put him at odds with Demogoblin during Maximum Carnage). One aspect of Kasady that I haven't liked as of late is how writers have made him some kind of redneck. It's alright if he's from a poor area of upstate New York, but at times, you'd think he was from Georgia.
    Yeah, the redneck thing is a tad annoying, I have to admit.

CARNAGE #15

GERRY CONWAY (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)
    Cover by MICHAEL WALSH
    It’s all been leading to this…Chthon rises!!
    Carnage’s odyssey has finally taken him to the mother of all dark gods. Will he survive long enough to meet the maker of the Darkhold?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It's been confirmed that the title is ending though (on Marvel's site they have a board which shows which series are ending with NOW! 2.0 and how they transition), so I imagine either this or the next issue will be the last one. Well, it was a good run. Other books got cancelled within 6 issues or so.

I'll be sad to see the book go.

This seems like a title that reached its natural end.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Had a feeling it was ending since that solicit sounded like the end of the over-arching story line the book had.
    Great series tho. Hope we get another Carnage series or mini sometime in the future.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Incredible Member

How are others feeling about the final arc in Carnage? I'm enjoying it a lot. Everything seems to be coming together for the finale. I've also been enjoying the various character moments we have been getting in the finale arc.