Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

With 16 issues it would be nice to see this collected in it's entirety as a smaller Omnibus.
    Marvel has done it with the Spider-man McFarlane, Young Avengers and Ms.Marvel Omnis.
    This book has art ripe for the oversized format!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #430 art by Joe Bennett

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #431

Art by Joe Bennett http://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/joe-bennett.html

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Warren Ellis!!!

Carnage Mind Bomb #1 Feb 1996
    Carnage cuts loose in his own one-shot!

Written by Warren Ellis http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._warren_ellis/

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Anyone else disappointed that Carnage hasn't bonded to Otto in comics. I thought Octo-Carnage was cool in the video game, but you never fought him, just ran away from him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Love me some Carnage. He is deliciously immoral, a true inverse of Spidey.
    That he is Hope 616 Carnage crosses paths with 616 Ben Reilly real soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Carnage really needs to be treated for what he is; a psychotic monster from the stars that wreaks havoc wherever he goes, not just a red Venom that likes heavy metal. Turning him into some kind of plague or ever-expanding biomass is the way to go.
    This reads as very intriguing to me.

BANNED

Default What?!! Carnage is the main villain in Venom?!!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Makes Sense. Who else would be Venom's enemy in a film? Plus they have been trying to make this movie for 20 years since a New Line Cinema Venom vs Carnage movie was cancelled in 97/98.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Makes Sense. Who else would be Venom's enemy in a film? Plus they have been trying to make this movie for 20 years since a New Line Cinema Venom vs Carnage movie was cancelled in 97/98.
    There was a Venom vs. Carnage film in the making in the late 90s? I would have been all over that; like, my VHS would have melted.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

There was a Venom vs. Carnage film in the making in the late 90s? I would have been all over that; like, my VHS would have melted.
    Avila Arad and others were pushing for it, but it was rejected because they figured a supervillain/antihero movie wouldn't sell. But now, when it is clear that Spider-Man sells movies, well, they finally figured let's do that. I was okay with Spawn, and that movie demonstrated you could do the special effects for a symbiote back then.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Avila Arad and others were pushing for it, but it was rejected because they figured a supervillain/antihero movie wouldn't sell. But now, when it is clear that Spider-Man sells movies, well, they finally figured let's do that. I was okay with Spawn, and that movie demonstrated you could do the special effects for a symbiote back then.
    The final fight in Spawn left something to be desired, but overall, yes it was quite fun and the effects would have worked well for symbiotes. I wonder if VvC would have gotten a nu metal soundtrack too.

Back in about 1995, when I was first getting into Spider-Man, I had the idea of a Spider-Man movie featuring Doctor Octopus, Venom and Hobgoblin. Their origins, as well as that of Spider-Man, would have been handled in a matter of minutes in order to get to the good stuff. I clearly remember in my head my vision of a cgi symbiote engulfing Brock in a manner similar to how he transformed in the animated series. Of course, this was not a Spider-Man 3-style Venom, but a bulking classic Venom with massive muscles, gigantic teeth, and a serpentine tongue.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Some cool pictures:

BANNED

That they are.

Incredible Member

Yeah, David Goyer had a script written for the proposed flick. I wonder how it would've been done without Spider-Man's involvement ?

Carnage did face off with Ben Reilly when the latter was Spider-Man, and it involved Reilly being possessed briefly by the Carnage symbiote for a short while. Giving us the rather popular Spider-Carnage.

I'm always up for Cleatus running into Jack Russel, Werewolf By Night, for a monster throwdown, with the symbiote possessing Jack. Giving us CARNAGE BY NIGHT.