Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Yeah, David Goyer had a script written for the proposed flick. I wonder how it would've been done without Spider-Man's involvement ?

Carnage did face off with Ben Reilly when the latter was Spider-Man, and it involved Reilly being possessed briefly by the Carnage symbiote for a short while. Giving us the rather popular Spider-Carnage.

I'm always up for Cleatus running into Jack Russel, Werewolf By Night, for a monster throwdown, with the symbiote possessing Jack. Giving us CARNAGE BY NIGHT.
    Probably just would have been Eddie with an alien suit that spawned and joined Kasady. It's possible that Venom might not have been given a spider symbol even, like what happened with Ultimate Venom. The new Venom movie is going to be highly inspired by the work of Carpenter and Cronenberg, so we might get something very bizarre.

Spider-Carnage needs to come back in some form or another; given how spider people have been flooding in from all over the multiverse, there's no reason why not. He could possibly be used to prop up Scarlet Spider's flagging sales, like how Venom was used to boost RYV. One idea I had was to have a Man-Spider vs. Spider-Carnage limited series.

I like that Carnage By Night idea; Carnage has had experience with werewolves in his dealings with John Jameson, so it could all fit together.
    Last edited by Venomous Mask; 08-28-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I actually want to get into reading some Carnage stuff again. I read Maximum Carnage and felt it dragged on much longer than it needed to. Read Carnage Vs Deadpool, which I thought was quite good. I enjoyed the Axis story where he was good for a brief time. The annual with his best friend is another underrated story. The one where he escaped captivity and painted himself red was okay, but I don't remember it all that much.

I still gotta read the Silver Surfer issues. Those look cool.

Bought myself the trade version of Maximum Carnage and boy, is that a decent read or what?

Shriek, Cloak, Dagger, Venom, Bodybuilder Peter Parker, MJ in all her 90's glory and of course Spidey's cute doppelganger. (and many other things)

Very enjoyable.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Bought myself the trade version of Maximum Carnage and boy, is that a decent read or what?

Shriek, Cloak, Dagger, Venom, Bodybuilder Peter Parker, MJ in all her 90's glory and of course Spidey's cute doppelganger. (and many other things)

Very enjoyable.
    I think the fights got more repetitive after the nightclub fight, but there were still some great scenes; Venom in the Statue of Liberty, Peter's ruminations on morality, and the final fight. I'm just sad that Bagley didn't get to draw all of the finale.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Very true about the fights, it kinda feels like you're reading the same big bar brawl over and over again. But i sure love the casting, the thematic and issues Pete and the others face during that quite rough ordeal.

BANNED

Default MAXIMUM CARNAGE begins here!

Spider-Man Unlimited #1 May 1993
    "Carnage Rising!" Maximum Carnage Part 1 of 14. First appearance of Shriek!
    Following the tragic events of Spectacular Spider-Man 200, the friends and family of Harry Osborn gather for Harry's funeral.
    Peter and Mary Jane reflect upon the tragic passing of another friend and wonder where their lives will go from here.
    Meanwhile at the Ravencroft maximum security institution, one of the doctors gets the bright idea to take a blood sample from Cletus Kasady.
    And in that critical instant…the murderous Carnage is reborn!

Oh my, Katie bar the door! Because the killing is about to begin!
    True to form Carnage wipes out the entire hospital staff, but then surprisingly makes a new friend!

Who is this murderess so ready and willing to help Carnage?
    The web-slinger will find out soon when he battles her and that pesky eight-legged doppelganger several hours later!
    As for Carnage, he's going to pay a visit to J. Jonah Jameson before he pays back his two hated enemies…Venom and the Amazing Spider-Man!

Story continues in Web of Spider-Man 101.

Script by Tom DeFalco. Pencils by Ron Lim. Inks by Jim Sanders III.

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post
    I actually want to get into reading some Carnage stuff again. I read Maximum Carnage and felt it dragged on much longer than it needed to. Read Carnage Vs Deadpool, which I thought was quite good. I enjoyed the Axis story where he was good for a brief time. The annual with his best friend is another underrated story. The one where he escaped captivity and painted himself red was okay, but I don't remember it all that much.

I still gotta read the Silver Surfer issues. Those look cool.
    I remember Axis Carnage having me laughing out loud. Loved that mini.

BANNED

Web of Spider-Man #101 Jun 1993
    "Darklight" Maximum Carnage Part 2 of 14. Guest-starring Cloak and Dagger.
    Story continues from Spider-Man Unlimited 1.
    After escaping from the Ravencroft Institute, Carnage is on the loose again in New York City!
    And this time he has two heinous helpers at his side: Shriek and the eight-legged doppelganger!
    The web-slinger's first encounter with Shriek ends in a debilitating defeat. But the timely arrival of Cloak and Dagger spares the wall-crawler from further harm!

However hours later inside a church, the first blockbuster battle of Maximum Carnage erupts!

Spider-Man and Cloak and Dagger vs. Shriek, Carnage, and the doppelganger! Who will draw first blood?

And who will be the first casualty? The carnage has only just begun. Story continues in Amazing Spider-Man 378.

Script by Terry Kavanagh. Pencils by Alex Saviuk. Inks by Don Hudson.

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #378 Jun 1993
    "Demons of Broadway" Maximum Carnage Part 3 of 14.
    Story continues from Web of Spider-Man 101.
    Carnage's rampage through New York City rolls on! But now Venom is aware of his protégé 's murderous activities…and vows to stop Carnage all by himself!

Meanwhile, the web-slinger limps back home to nurse his bruised ribs. Mary Jane wants Peter to stay put until his injuries heal,
    but Spider-Man cannot rest while Carnage and his crew terrorize the city. In Central Park Carnage, Shriek, and the eight-limbed doppelganger begin killing again!

The wall-crawler rushes to the park to stop the deadly trio, but he bumps into the Demogoblin first!
    Just what the web-slinger needed…another super-villain to fight! Story continues in Spider-Man 35.

Script by David Michelinie. Pencils by Mark Bagley. Inks by Randy Emberlin.

Incredible Member

Screw Attack's DEATH BATTLE presents Carnage throwing down with Lucy from the manga/anime, Elfin Lied. I'll get the mop.

P.S.-It might be just me, but switch on the subtitles for the fight. Carnage's dialogue was a little hard for me to pick up.

BANNED

Spider-Man #35 Jun 1993
    "Team Venom!" Maximum Carnage Part 4 of 14. Guest-starring Venom, Cloak, and Black Cat.
    The psychotic Carnage has assembled a gang of deadly super-villains

and is cutting a swath of death and destruction all through the streets of New York City.

Spidey can't stop them alone and is forced to team-up with the last person he expected in order to stop this wave of villainy.

But can even Venom tip the scales against this assemblage of evil? Story continues in Spectacualr Spider-Man 201.

Story by David Michelinie. Art by Tom Lyle and Scott Hanna.

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #201 Jun 1993
    "Over the Line!" Maximum Carnage Part 5 of 14.
    Story continues from Spider-Man 35.
    Carnage and his murderous marauders have escaped the grasps of the Black Cat, Venom, and Spider-Man!

And now the frustrated trio cannot agree on what to do next.
    Venom and Felicia take off after Carnage again, while Peter Parker stops by Aunt May's house to rest and clear his head.

In the meantime Carnage, Shriek, the Demogoblin, and Spider-Doppelganger begin wreaking havoc in the city again!

Feeling better the wall-crawler gets ready to battle once more, but he encounters angry citizens attacking one another (before he can even find Carnage)!
    Wow, the entire city is sinking into anarchy! Can anyone stop the quartet of killers? Story continues in Web of Spider-Man 102.

Script by J.M. DeMatteis. Pencils and Inks by Sal Buscema.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Anyone else disappointed that Carnage hasn't bonded to Otto in comics. I thought Octo-Carnage was cool in the video game, but you never fought him, just ran away from him.
    Maybe it will be depicted in future marvel comics.

So: Web of Venom: CARNAGE BORN is out today, and GOD IS CARNAGE

Preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42748-god-...1-preview.html
    Spoilers:
    spoilers:

So: It has both 2 Flashback Stories and a Current Story:

Flashbacks to Cletus's Origin are shown in the Preview, and Cates makes Cletus a Nightmare inline with someone like Freddy Krueger

However: It also explains just how the Cult were able to obtain the Body of Cletus Kasady after the events of Venomised- Poison Carnage from Venomised was reversed, He fell back to earth and the Poison was destroyed as his body was badly burned, but as he did this, the Carnage Symbiote covered him, protecting him Even after the Darkhold Curse gave the Symbiote immunity to sound and fire, it burned and its pain must have been excruciating, before it died. The Carnage Symbiote died. And when he landed moments later, so did Kasady. Locals found his body and turned it over to the proper authorities, He was so badly burned, he was identifiable only by Dental Records, and his name sent several hundred red flags screaming on the top of Every Agency’s Watchlists, But the Cult that revive him- They watch the watchlists, they stole his Body back, and took it somewhere where they could use Knull and more symbiotes to resurrect GOD'S DARK CARNAGE. Once revived, Kasady kills the person responsible for his revival to consume part of their symbiote, reverting back to his old colour and look, before planning to aid Knull in his return, by absorbing every trace of symbiotes, in everyone who ever carried them, setting up Carnage to go on a killing spree once again, and face off with just about every major player in the Marvel Universe, from Spiderman and Venom, to Deadpool and Wolverine and even Groot and Silver Surfer.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe