Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default "Hell On Wheels"- Robbie Reyes (The Ghost Rider) Appreciation

The Ghost Rider

First Appearance: All New Ghost Rider #1
    Created by: Felipe Smith & Tradd Moore

It might be somewhat early for this, but this thread is to discuss Marvel Universe All-New Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes!

Personality

Moore: As for me, I think my favorite aspect of Robbie is his sense of responsibility. He is fiercely headstrong, hardworking, and resilient, and I love that about him. He works, he goes to school, he takes care of his little brother. That's his life. He foregoes a lot of the frivolous joys that your average teenagers indulge in in order to make his little brother's life as comfortable as possible. Something that I always try to get across with Robbie is that, beyond the contemptuous grimace he wears in public, there is an extraordinarily passionate, devoted, caring young man veiled underneath. Fear, love, anger, kindness, it's all boiling within him and ready to E-X-P-L-O-D-E.

Smith: He's not your average 18-year-old. He's a strong-willed, weathered and resilient kid; but yes, he's very angry inside. His unconditional love for his little brother keeps him centered and focused on his sole purpose, getting them both out of the gangland they live in. Undeniably tough for his age, both mentally and emotionally, Robbie is neither jaded nor cynical; he's pragmatic, and willing to do whatever it takes to care for his younger sibling.

Powers & Abilities: *Coming Soon*

Weapons of Choice: *Coming Soon*

Whats Happening With Robbie
    Issue #2 Release date 2/9/14

Issue #3 Preview:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21580

Issue #3 Review Thread by Ceebiro: http://community.comicbookresources....-Ghost-Rider-3

CBR Issue #2 Review : http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=7195

* This post will be continually updated with information regarding Robbie Reyes. Be sure to check it periodically for updates and the latest news!*
    Last edited by Trident; 05-14-2014 at 09:24 AM.

The new Ghost Rider came up in the Teen Marvel appreciation thread, so I did a quick Google Image search and was surprised to see so much fan art so soon.

BANNED

Nice contribution!

My fav's are the one with Robbie and Ms. Marvel and the "I'm Short" gives me a laugh every time.

BANNED

Robbie is pretty damn cool and his relationship with his little brother is wonderful.
    Hoping he'll stick around as GR for years to come.

BANNED

Updated the front Page Riders!

BANNED

I am glad to see this thread return. Robbie and the All-New Ghost Rider are my favorite new character from Marvel Now. The new series rocks and is such a blast of energy. I hope it sticks around for a long while.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I love how kinetic Tradd Moore's artwork is and Val Staples colors are some of the best in the business right now.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Ohhhh man, I love this art style and I love these characters! I can't wait to see more. This looks great. Sad sibling relationships are my weakness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I am glad to see this thread return. Robbie and the All-New Ghost Rider are my favorite new character from Marvel Now. The new series rocks and is such a blast of energy. I hope it sticks around for a long while.
    You and me both. Robbie is both an interesting and fun character. It's rare that I can instantly identify with a character but Robbie is just way to familiar to me. Smith and the rest of his team have done an excellent job and I can't wait to see what's coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I love how kinetic Tradd Moore's artwork is and Val Staples colors are some of the best in the business right now.
    No, joke Tradd art is outstanding! He really makes the book come to life. When the Ghost Rider's in the car Moore really makes you feel that you are sitting in the seat right next to him!

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    Ohhhh man, I love this art style and I love these characters! I can't wait to see more. This looks great. Sad sibling relationships are my weakness.
    LOL. The relationship between Robbie and Gabe is what really sold me on this character. I want to see and get to know Gabe as much as I do Robbie. Their relationship is very touching.

Good to see the thread back. Still hype about new Ghost Rider. Next issue next week!

http://ramonvillalobos.tumblr.com/po...-taped-supreme
    Drew Mexican Ghost Rider with duct taped Supreme Half Cabs.

In case you were not aware, I don't draw Ghost Rider unless he’s got dope shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    LOL. The relationship between Robbie and Gabe is what really sold me on this character. I want to see and get to know Gabe as much as I do Robbie. Their relationship is very touching.
    My mother was a special education teacher for many years, so I grew up around kids with severe disabilities--cerebral palsy, Downs syndrome, microcephaly, etc--and any story featuring kids like this speaks to me.

BANNED

Who do you guys want to guest star in All New Ghost Rider the most?

My picks (for right now anyways)

Johnny Blaze
    Ms. Marvel
    Daredevil

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

All three of those would make great guest spots. Dan Ketch as well. Didn't Johnny Storm race cars? And he lights on fire. That would be a cool visual pairing.

It is exciting to see a new series and character like this with so much buzz and positive energy around it...kinetic even.