Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Am I the only person super frustrated with this new book?

It's not that I have a problem with Robbie Reyes - quite the opposite actually. I absolutely love reyes and he became my favorite ghost rider immediately. His original 12 issue solo was such a great introduction to the character with a couple of missteps but still a solid entry point.

fast forward to his new book, and now we get one page or spread of ghost rider per book, a couple of pages of him and his brother at the shop...and the rest is Hulk and Wolverine? Wtf? Why are these other 2 characters getting more screen time than the guy on the cover? I mean I get its supposed to be an homage to that time the original spiderman hulk wolverine and ghost rider got together as the fantastic four, but that's something you do in a second or third story.

Imagine a reader who saw Robbie Reyes on the show and wanted to read about him and then they pick up his book only to find douche hulk spitting out one liner fighting a giant hulk monster. I get that Marvel wants to integrate him in the larger MU but you think they could've done it with more grace than forcing 3 other heroes into LA to fight a monster.

I'm sticking with the series because Robbie's my boy, but I'm worried marvel may have cut this book off at the knees before I got a proper chance to start.
    Yeah there was some bad desicions with the new volume. The problen with the Hulk stuff is its too disjointed from the Robbie stuff and it should have just been a more traditional team up issue. Or just make the hulk stuff the backup and the Pyston Nitro stuff the main story bevause that actually fleshes out his world and character.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

A collage I did of Robbie Reyes aka Ghost Rider! I think it came out pretty cool! I would love it if Gabriel's Robbie Reyes made the jump to the big screen; )
    very good ghost rider, i wish jhonny blaze have a netflix series an cameos of robbie
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Am I the only person super frustrated with this new book?

It's not that I have a problem with Robbie Reyes - quite the opposite actually. I absolutely love reyes and he became my favorite ghost rider immediately. His original 12 issue solo was such a great introduction to the character with a couple of missteps but still a solid entry point.

fast forward to his new book, and now we get one page or spread of ghost rider per book, a couple of pages of him and his brother at the shop...and the rest is Hulk and Wolverine? Wtf? Why are these other 2 characters getting more screen time than the guy on the cover? I mean I get its supposed to be an homage to that time the original spiderman hulk wolverine and ghost rider got together as the fantastic four, but that's something you do in a second or third story.

Imagine a reader who saw Robbie Reyes on the show and wanted to read about him and then they pick up his book only to find douche hulk spitting out one liner fighting a giant hulk monster. I get that Marvel wants to integrate him in the larger MU but you think they could've done it with more grace than forcing 3 other heroes into LA to fight a monster.

I'm sticking with the series because Robbie's my boy, but I'm worried marvel may have cut this book off at the knees before I got a proper chance to start.
    That seems to be pretty much a universal criticism of the book. People pick it up for Robbie, and they get a stealth pilot for All-New Fantastic Four, instead. It's a bad move. They should've saved it for the second arc.

I really like the new Ghost Rider and I think his story so far is fresh and exciting and I hope that he gets more appearances in other Marvel titles.

he needs to be a important character

Where can I get more of the realistic Robbie Reyes artwork? Anyone know?

thought it was a cool tribute to Robbie in Agents of SHIELD

still waiting for a netflix series

Did his book get cancellled im only 3 issuses in

Mighty Member

yep. got canned by issue 5 or 6

Well thats a damn shame. I was hoping it would last long enough where robbie was the 1 getting most of the panel time and not laura cho silk and company

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TalibanGodTrapjesusOfjerusalem View Post
    Did his book get cancellled im only 3 issuses in
    Yes, and worse still, it was stealth canceled, too.

I hate that, especially since they were finally beginning to integrate Robbie into the larger MU community. Then they pull the plug, with nary a fanfare on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yes, and worse still, it was stealth canceled, too.

I hate that, especially since they were finally beginning to integrate Robbie into the larger MU community. Then they pull the plug, with nary a fanfare on their end.
    They seldom announce cancellations. But this was a worse case than usual, because #6 had been solicited, and then pulled. So that sucked.

Why did they launch with an arc that pushed the main character to the side so much? Why did anyone involve think that was a good idea? "Gee, it's not like people are picking it up specifically for the main character, right? People loved Robbie on Agents of SHIELD, and you know what they want? Amadeus Cho."

I just can't get over how unbelievably bad that entire idea was.

guess whos back !

Robbie was the main reason I tuned in this season so I'm glad to see him come back for the finale. I hope he gets his own show like Agent Carter did and fill in the midseason gap for Agents of SHIELD.