Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    When you say we have to introduce a new hero, do you mean completely new hero with our imagination or someone from the comics?

Because I really prefer the latter.
    I meant a character from the comics (like, I dunno, Adam Warlock or someone) but I suppose a brand new character built from whole-cloth would be fine too. The MCU has created Coulson and Melinda May, and they've both made the jump into the comics and other formats so why not?

Sorry, should have been more clear on that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    It's lazy I guess but I'd love to see a Daredevil game in the vein of the Arkham series. Imagine running around the rooftops of the MU Hell's Kitchen, using your super-hearing to pick out distressed shouts and then dropping down on top of muggers etc. The combat could work very similarly to the Arkham games but you'd incorporate the billy clubs instead of the gadgets. Rebounding clubs bouncing off enemies or using them as a bo-staff. You could also 'enter the void,' where your screen swaps to DD's way of 'seeing,' everything. You would enter a building and take all the lights out and then drop in on top of Kingpin goons or whatever. You could come into contact with other more street level heroes at different junctures- Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist. Enemies would include the various mobsters of the Kingpin, the Owl and any other crime lords and the Hand.

The above could work really well for a Spider-Man game too. A long and involved story punctuated with side missions and just swinging around NYC having fun busting up bank robberies and catching stolen cars etc.
    I'd play that game. Bring in Elektra as a side character, like Catwoman in Arkham City, and have all of Daredevil's rogues show up and it'd be a pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd do an RPG MMO similar to DC Online.

You're a brand new Inhuman with super powers. You're found by Daisy and SHIELD, and you begin training to use your powers and battle the forces of evil, meeting the various super heroes in the MCU along the way and inevitably joinging the Avengers and battling Thanos.
    I had a similar thought actually (not surprising as I play DCUO) but wanted to include either AIM or Hydra as the leaders for villain's side. Good MMO gotta have different factions so you can pvp.

Dont forget folks, we're also supposed to introduce a hero as well!

For myself, Im not too sure what I'd do. I'd want this to be a celebration of the MCU. By the end of Infinity Wars we're looking at a dozen years of (presumably) successful films and three different formats brought together (four including the game). And I'd want everyone invited to this party. Coulson, Quake, Mockingbird, maybe even Melinda May or Deathlok (if he's alive? I dont recall). All the Netflix guys, all the (still living) movie guys......get 'em all in! Try to cameo everyone, even that nameless SHIELD agent from Winter Soldier who made it into Age of Ultron.

Well, the Guardians and Agent Carter might have to be DLC. Unless you're dealing with time or space travel, too much work to include. Easier to just drop them in as DLC extras.

Im picturing something like the Elder Scrolls, where you've got a huge map to explore but also enter smaller areas like dungeons (which can still be quite large). I'd want a unit with me; a group of four characters I can switch in and out to fit the needs of whatever I'm doing. Sneaking past the outer defenses of an AIM lab? Take the stealthy and computer literate characters (maybe Quake, Ant-Man, Widow, Spider-Man). Have to break through heavily defended AIM fortifications and reach their computers before their data is erased (time limit!)? You need people who hit fast and hard so maybe Iron Man, Thor, Quake again, and Captain Marvel. Fighting MODOK? Grab Hulk, the Witch, Strange, and Luke Cage.

Maybe give each character a switchable ability tray so they can focus on different skills. Maybe you can switch between Hulk (strong, tough, fast) and Banner (good with science stuff, computers, relatively more sneaky). Maybe Iron Man has his regular, well balanced suit and the Hulkbuster, which would dump speed, ranged options, and utility for melee damage and HP (boss fight!). Maybe Quake can switch to "SHIELD agent/hacktivist" and go all sneaky and computer-y, or go "Inhuman/Secret Warrior" and go crazy with the super powers.

For my new villain and big bad behind it all....the Maestro. After Thanos, not much is going to impress, but I'm willing to bet a grumpy, super intelligent old Hulk from the future wearing the Destroyer as armor, Captain America's shield, and the Eye of Agamotto would do the trick. And I think the semi-big thing I would do is introduce the future of the MCU. We've seen the past in Agent Carter and Captain America, outer space with the GotG and Asgard with Thor. So the Maestro would introduce the MCU to a (completely re-envisioned) 2099. No idea what the plot would be past that. Stuck in the Hell's Kitchen of 2099, pulled there by desperate rebels hoping the heroes of legend can defeat their oppressive overlord, who just so happens to be an Avenger?

No idea who I'd introduce for the new hero. Red Hulk maybe? Get Hurt (or whoever it is who plays Ross) to play the role? She-Hulk? Squirrel Girl? I dunno.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-13-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

gonna break thr rules a bit here: Why has marvel not made a Marvel MOBA game?

They could easily be making that League of Legends money!

How the game starts:

- It's been almost a year since the events of Infinity War. Some of our heroes took some time off, some are just fighting the smaller crime. Inhumans are trying to live peacefully with the humans, Ant-Man and Wasp are officially a super hero couple, Hawkeye stopped being a hero to spend time with his family. No one knows where Black Widow and Winter Soldier are. Captain Marvel, Falcon and Captain America are training soldiers, Iron Man and Black Panther doing their own thing, Defenders and Spider-Man cleening up the streets and stuff. But we go to a different place where we meet a man (Johnny Blaze) who is arguing with his creator Mephisto. Basically Mephisto doesn't like the peace the world is having and wants to create chaos by making the Earth a place to live for all kinds of demons.

How it plays out:

- First part of the game is our heroes doing their own things till everyone gets called by SHIELD and they prepare for the war. (1-6)

- Ghost Rider reaches to them and they fight all kinds of demons. You encounter different villains trying to take adventage of the situation. (7-12)

- Some of the heroes can travel to hell do defeat Mephisto while the others have to stay behind and protect what can be protected. This requires you to choose 8 heroes to take with you. (13-18)

- Last 6 chapters are where real chaos starts. All the heroes and NPCs are seen fighting and at the end they defeat Mephisto.

How It Works:

- First 6 chapters require you to play as the selected characters. While for the rest of the game at the start of each chapter you can pick 2 characters to play as.

Playable Characters:

- Ant-Man
    - Black Bolt
    - Black Panther
    - Black Widow
    - Captain America
    - Captain Marvel
    - Crystal
    - Daredevil
    - Doctor Strange
    - Falcon
    - Ghost Rider
    - Hawkeye
    - Hulk
    - Iron Fist
    - Iron Man
    - Jessica Jones
    - Luke Cage
    - Medusa
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Sif
    - Spider-Man
    - Thor
    - Vision
    - War Machine
    - Wasp
    - Winter Soldier

Hubs:

- Asgard
    - SHIELD Hellicarrier
    - Avengers Tower
    - Dr. Strange's home.
    - Attilan

NPCs:

- Nick Fury
    - Maria Hill
    - Agent Coulson
    - Quake
    - Mockingbird
    - Fitz/Simmons
    - Agent May
    - Agent 13
    - Odin
    - Volstagg
    - Fandral
    - Hogun
    - Aunt May
    - Hank Pym
    - Janet van Dyne
    - Wong
    - Karnak
    - Gorgon
    - Triton
    - Lockjaw
    - and more

Chapter 1:
    Playable Characters: Spider-Man and Daredevil
    Boss: Kingpin

Chapter 2:
    Playable Characters: Iron Man and Black Panther
    Boss: Man-Ape or whoever is the villain in Black Panther

Chapter 3:
    Playable Characters: Thor and Sif
    Boss: Enchantress (assuming she is in Thor: Ragnarok)

Chapter 4:
    Playable Characters: Ant-Man and Wasp
    Boss: Whirlwind or whoever is introduced in their movie.

Chapter 5:
    Playable Characters: Captain America and Captain Marvel
    Boss: Red Hulk (General Ross)

Chapter 6:
    Playable Characters: Black Widow and Winter Soldier
    Boss: Clones of both of them

- After this chapter you can choose the heroes you want to play as.

- Through Chapters 13 and 19 you can only play as 8 heroes.

Bosses of all the chapters:

Chapter 7: Abomination
    Chapter 8: Purple Man
    Chapter 9: Blizzard
    Chapter 10: A villain Introduced in Inhumans movie.
    Chapter 11: Lash
    Chapter 12: Absorbing Man
    Chapter 13: Baron Mordo
    Chapter 14: Mandarin (real one)
    Chapter 15: Hela
    Chapter 16: First real encounter with Mephisto
    Chapter 17: Kurse (reborn)
    Chapter 18: Malekith (reborn)
    Chapter 19: Lorelei
    Chapter 20: Baron Zemo
    Chapter 21: Hulk (Mind controlled)
    Chapter 22: Ultron
    Chapter 23: Loki
    Chapter 24: Mephisto

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Captain M; 12-14-2015 at 04:52 AM.

How the game starts:

- It's been almost a year since the events of Infinity War. Some of our heroes took some time off, some are just fighting the smaller crime. Inhumans are trying to live peacefully with the humans, Ant-Man and Wasp are officially a super hero couple, Hawkeye stopped being a hero to spend time with his family. No one knows where Black Widow and Winter Soldier are. Captain Marvel, Falcon and Captain America are training soldiers, Iron Man and Black Panther doing their own thing, Defenders and Spider-Man cleening up the streets and stuff. But we go to a different place where we meet a man (Johnny Blaze) who is arguing with his creator Mephisto. Basically Mephisto doesn't like the peace the world is having and wants to create chaos by making the Earth a place to live for all kinds of demons.

How it plays out:

- First part of the game is our heroes doing their own things till everyone gets called by SHIELD and they prepare for the war. (1-6)

- Ghost Rider reaches to them and they fight all kinds of demons. You encounter different villains trying to take adventage of the situation. (7-12)

- Some of the heroes can travel to hell do defeat Mephisto while the others have to stay behind and protect what can be protected. This requires you to choose 8 heroes to take with you. (13-18)

- Last 6 chapters are where real chaos starts. All the heroes and NPCs are seen fighting and at the end they defeat Mephisto.

How It Works:

- First 6 chapters require you to play as the selected characters. While for the rest of the game at the start of each chapter you can pick 2 characters to play as.

Playable Characters:

- Ant-Man
    - Black Bolt
    - Black Panther
    - Black Widow
    - Captain America
    - Captain Marvel
    - Crystal
    - Daredevil
    - Doctor Strange
    - Falcon
    - Ghost Rider
    - Hawkeye
    - Hulk
    - Iron Fist
    - Iron Man
    - Jessica Jones
    - Luke Cage
    - Medusa
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Sif
    - Spider-Man
    - Thor
    - Vision
    - War Machine
    - Wasp
    - Winter Soldier

Hubs:

- Asgard
    - SHIELD Hellicarrier
    - Avengers Tower
    - Dr. Strange's home.
    - Attilan

NPCs:

- Nick Fury
    - Maria Hill
    - Agent Coulson
    - Quake
    - Mockingbird
    - Fitz/Simmons
    - Agent May
    - Agent 13
    - Odin
    - Volstagg
    - Fandral
    - Hogun
    - Aunt May
    - Hank Pym
    - Janet van Dyne
    - Wong
    - Karnak
    - Gorgon
    - Triton
    - Lockjaw
    - and more

Chapter 1:
    Playable Characters: Spider-Man and Daredevil
    Boss: Kingpin

Chapter 2:
    Playable Characters: Iron Man and Black Panther
    Boss: Man-Ape or whoever is the villain in Black Panther

Chapter 3:
    Playable Characters: Thor and Sif
    Boss: Enchantress (assuming she is in Thor: Ragnarok)

Chapter 4:
    Playable Characters: Ant-Man and Wasp
    Boss: Whirlwind or whoever is introduced in their movie.

Chapter 5:
    Playable Characters: Captain America and Captain Marvel
    Boss: Red Hulk (General Ross)

Chapter 6:
    Playable Characters: Black Widow and Winter Soldier
    Boss: Clones of both of them

- After this chapter you can choose the heroes you want to play as.

- Through Chapters 13 and 19 you can only play as 8 heroes.

Bosses of all the chapters:

Chapter 7: Abomination
    Chapter 8: Purple Man
    Chapter 9: Blizzard
    Chapter 10: A villain Introduced in Inhumans movie.
    Chapter 11: Lash
    Chapter 12: Absorbing Man
    Chapter 13: Baron Mordo
    Chapter 14: Mandarin (real one)
    Chapter 15: Hela
    Chapter 16: First real encounter with Mephisto
    Chapter 17: Kurse (reborn)
    Chapter 18: Malekith (reborn)
    Chapter 19: Lorelei
    Chapter 20: Baron Zemo
    Chapter 21: Hulk (Mind controlled)
    Chapter 22: Ultron
    Chapter 23: Loki
    Chapter 24: Mephisto

Thoughts?
    My thoughts = no X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    My thoughts = no X-Men
    Okay that's just ridiculous. This is an MCU game what was I supposed to do?

I'd go the Arkham series style. Set in New York City and open world with access to many playable characters with their own villains running wild in new york.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Thoughts?
    It pretty much lost me when you put Mephisto in an important role.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It pretty much lost me when you put Mephisto in an important role.
    I thought the same thing, but....you know, it could work.

For one, it brings in the magic side of the MCU and that's something we're not going to see a lot. Mephisto is certainly powerful enough to be the big bad and has enough history to utilize. Its a left-field sort of choice, but hey, I wanted to use the Maestro so who am I to judge? And left-field choices are what the MCU was built on (hard to recall but back when the movies began Iron Man was a B lister no one believed in).

~ Black Panther.

Still cant figure out what hero to introduce in my own little game-theory. We got a re-visioned 2099 and Maestro....cant use Spider-Man 2099....who could be added in, who has enough history to use in a solo after the game covers their origin story?

~ Black Panther.

I would do an RPG based around Amadeus cho...u would start off in media res being hunted by a small group of avengers using some sort of hacking tools to evade capture...at some point, after making a few allies and friends amongst heroes, villains, and side characters (think foggy nelson or pepper potts or the mandarins lackey from jail) u would get involved in a larger plot between the mandarin and iron man with the mandarin infiltrating the avengers and the criminal underworld via some space based mind altering tech...at this point u would have a choice to work from within the avengers structure to defeat the mandarin or as an outlaw being chased by the avengers whilst defeating the mandarin...u would get a small team of allies ala final fantasy...the combat should probably be some blend of DMC and GTA but more square enix like...the hacking could be similar to batman games mixed with that watchdogs game...and I would introduce the watcher at some point and tie Amadeus to him for future movies because that would be cool...maybe hint at some hulk stuff way, way down the line...and I wouldn't make him an inhuman but he could spend an arc of the game thinking he was one and make some friends and enemies amongst their number...then we could have Amadeus as the new Tony stark minus armor going forward for the mcu...plus his mom is already in the movies so random ppl are already set up for it
    Last edited by BMartini; 12-17-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Also I would play most of the games yall proposed...especially the daredevil one, the 2099 one, and the mephisto one all day

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I had a similar thought actually (not surprising as I play DCUO) but wanted to include either AIM or Hydra as the leaders for villain's side. Good MMO gotta have different factions so you can pvp.

Dont forget folks, we're also supposed to introduce a hero as well!

For myself, Im not too sure what I'd do. I'd want this to be a celebration of the MCU. By the end of Infinity Wars we're looking at a dozen years of (presumably) successful films and three different formats brought together (four including the game). And I'd want everyone invited to this party. Coulson, Quake, Mockingbird, maybe even Melinda May or Deathlok (if he's alive? I dont recall). All the Netflix guys, all the (still living) movie guys......get 'em all in! Try to cameo everyone, even that nameless SHIELD agent from Winter Soldier who made it into Age of Ultron.

Well, the Guardians and Agent Carter might have to be DLC. Unless you're dealing with time or space travel, too much work to include. Easier to just drop them in as DLC extras.

Im picturing something like the Elder Scrolls, where you've got a huge map to explore but also enter smaller areas like dungeons (which can still be quite large). I'd want a unit with me; a group of four characters I can switch in and out to fit the needs of whatever I'm doing. Sneaking past the outer defenses of an AIM lab? Take the stealthy and computer literate characters (maybe Quake, Ant-Man, Widow, Spider-Man). Have to break through heavily defended AIM fortifications and reach their computers before their data is erased (time limit!)? You need people who hit fast and hard so maybe Iron Man, Thor, Quake again, and Captain Marvel. Fighting MODOK? Grab Hulk, the Witch, Strange, and Luke Cage.

Maybe give each character a switchable ability tray so they can focus on different skills. Maybe you can switch between Hulk (strong, tough, fast) and Banner (good with science stuff, computers, relatively more sneaky). Maybe Iron Man has his regular, well balanced suit and the Hulkbuster, which would dump speed, ranged options, and utility for melee damage and HP (boss fight!). Maybe Quake can switch to "SHIELD agent/hacktivist" and go all sneaky and computer-y, or go "Inhuman/Secret Warrior" and go crazy with the super powers.

For my new villain and big bad behind it all....the Maestro. After Thanos, not much is going to impress, but I'm willing to bet a grumpy, super intelligent old Hulk from the future wearing the Destroyer as armor, Captain America's shield, and the Eye of Agamotto would do the trick. And I think the semi-big thing I would do is introduce the future of the MCU. We've seen the past in Agent Carter and Captain America, outer space with the GotG and Asgard with Thor. So the Maestro would introduce the MCU to a (completely re-envisioned) 2099. No idea what the plot would be past that. Stuck in the Hell's Kitchen of 2099, pulled there by desperate rebels hoping the heroes of legend can defeat their oppressive overlord, who just so happens to be an Avenger?

No idea who I'd introduce for the new hero. Red Hulk maybe? Get Hurt (or whoever it is who plays Ross) to play the role? She-Hulk? Squirrel Girl? I dunno.
    Ms marvel (kamala) is the obvious choice for the new hero of this game

BANNED

For the life of me I have yet to figure out why Marvel / Disney hasn't done a Skyrim / Fallout / Mass Effect type game only set in the MU. You create your new character from scratch and you decide at the beginning what power tree you'll follow. You then adventure in the Marvel Universe occasionally teaming up with established heroes. Someone earlier suggested something similar where you are a newly raised Inhuman which is fine (though I'd prefer mutant but I realize its all Inhumans now). Allow the game to progress and as you make your choices for good or evil in the game you just might get invited to join the Avengers, Shield, or if your bad enough maybe the Masters of Evil. Regardless throughout the game you will team up with many of the major characters in the MU.