Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Outside of Galactus, Doom is their biggest villain. Folks, both working for the studio and those buying tickets, may not be patient enough to wait for the movies to build up to his introduction.
    That is the same studio thinking that has gotten us 3 **** FF movies in a row now. It is time to try something new. Use Annihilus. Use the Skrulls. Use the Frightful Four. Use the Mole Man. Use Diablo. Use anyone except Doom. As much freedom as they have in the movies they can change and tweak any villain to make them shine.

Amazing Member

Assuming Disney owns the rights to the F4 I think they could potentially be the next central franchise after the Avengers in the MCU. 1.)Who would not pay money to see Iron Man vs Doctor Doom or Hulk fight the Thing. 2.)Aside to there obvious connections to the Inhumans, BP, and all things cosmic, Marvel has been really looking for another property based on the way Nova,Inhumans, SS and Howard the Duck are being pushed in the comics and TV. 3.)Marvel Studios would bring a proper F4 movie to the silver screen. I would personally go about it by having the first F4 movie (after Infinity War) be an origin story (Sue being a genius too) fighting Annihilus with an end credit sequence of a scared Doom going off to train in the mystic arts and the second one would be them saving earth from Galactus. After that there would be a movie where all the superheroes team up to battle Doctor Doom. Finally a Netflix version of the F4 would not work out due to the cost of the visual effects.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Thing vs the Hulk would be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is time that the rest of the world realized how awesome Ben is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post

Has he ever actually won one of those fights? I think I remember him beating the weaker grey hulk once... but usually he's lucky to slow him down till the rest of the team can help.

I admit Ben's awesome... but that MIGHT not be the fight you want to show that off

(Although I'd definitely pay to see that on the screen!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Depends on what you want out of it, I guess.

My favorite FF stuff isn't the big vista visuals or event he dramatic massive alien incursions (it's not the sitcom-y family with catchphrases, either). I like when the FF take the day off in some interdimensional realm for a picnic. I like when they go to a weird old castle and there's a crazy alchemist. When they get hypnotized by a guy into seeing attacking movie ads. When they sit around at home pranking each other or watching the kid. Unstable Molecules is a hell of a comic, and it's pretty fx low key. Simonson's run would've passed muster on Syfy back when it was still the SciFi Channel, on that kind of budget, because the fx, hopefully, wouldn't be what's driving it.

I still think the 90s movie is the best movie version. You'd need slightly better fx than that, natch, but don't know that blowing the bank on it is going to make it worth or not worth watching to too many people. It's tv.
    I think the Thing, Human Torch and Reed Richards have powers that would be tricky to do on a TV budget and having a TV series were they never use their powers seems like a waste. Not mention villains like Galactus and Annihilus.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Has he ever actually won one of those fights? I think I remember him beating the weaker grey hulk once... but usually he's lucky to slow him down till the rest of the team can help.

I admit Ben's awesome... but that MIGHT not be the fight you want to show that off

(Although I'd definitely pay to see that on the screen!)
    He has, actually, but there are special circumstances.

Ultimate Thing clobbered the Zombie-Hulk when they first met, and it was actually not that difficult... On the one hand, there are some things implying that Ultimate Thing is actually stronger than 616 Thing - when he got his powers he was so strong that he couldn't control them - the ground was shaking when he walked! And he needed a special suit to contain some of his strength.

Regular Thing once went into a psychotic episode during his first time as brick-like, in the mini-series Hulk/Thing: Hard Knocks, and there it was revealed that when crazed like that, and with the Hulk in a more docile state, he clobbered him.

Strangely enough, Ultimate Thing and Ultimate Hulk never actually fought, to my knowledge.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post

This has happened more than once in the old days and over-all the win/loss score is about tied. But I agree that seeing it happen on the big screen would be epic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is the same studio thinking that has gotten us 3 **** FF movies in a row now. It is time to try something new. Use Annihilus. Use the Skrulls. Use the Frightful Four. Use the Mole Man. Use Diablo. Use anyone except Doom. As much freedom as they have in the movies they can change and tweak any villain to make them shine.
    But here is a question, how are those villains you mentioned compelling? Wizard is a poor man's Doom with lamer tech and lamer motives, with no characterization beyond just being an obnoxious jerk (well he had a mental breakdown, a story that came out of no where and was resolved with no fan fare) and he would be the Big Bad of Frightful Four movie, talk about an underwhelming Big Bad. I think the Frightful Four have been underwhelming villains since 1969. Mole Man is kinda underwhelming too, he has his moments, but he kinda underwhelming overall, that character has no overall direction and we only see pathos with him occasionally, the rest time he is a very generic villain. Diablo is a character Stan Lee didn't like despite creating him. Puppet Master is a one note character is only interesting due to his step daughter, rather then characteristics he posses, his step daughter is interesting, he is a generic bad guy the writers have no clue what do with.

Annhilius and Mad Thinker have had their moments in comics outside of the FF, but in the FF titles themselves they loose everything that made them interesting and become underwhelming baddies (Mad Thinker loses all sympathetic qualities he had New Warriors and Annhilius went from a guy who blew up solar systems and took several cosmic characters at once in Annihilation, to a character that Human torch defeated and humiliated all by himself.) Then there is Red Ghost, an outdated Cold War relic who has not been relevant since 1991.

I agree that Doom should be built up if he appears in the movies again, but the other FF villains need a serious revamp to be compelling enough to carry a movie. Really in the comics, the FF's rogues gallery needs a top to bottom revamp, only Doom and Galactus are the only consistently good villains.

Mighty Member

Fox should stick to X-Men as they had done well with X-Men lately and should give up F4 back to Marvel Studios. We need Dr. Doom in Avengers including Galactus and also Silver Surfer in Guardians 3.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Marvel films really, really need the Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The Marvel films really, really need the Silver Surfer and Galactus.
    Wouldn't having Silver in Guardians 3 be awesome especially Galactus in Avengers with Dr. Doom? i mean Doom is not only a F4 villain but also a Spider-Man and Avengers baddie too. Namor in Avengers would be cool too with Skrulls in Guardians. Yet what about seeing a fight between Thing and Hulk? that be pretty epic you know and how about a board meeting scene of Tony Stark and Reed Richards?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Am I the only one that thinks Ultimates is sort of stealing FF's niche? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the book so far. Wonder if we'll see an Ultimates movie.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

bring them back as THE FANTASTIC FORCE with

INVISIBLE WOMAN
    MOONDRAGON
    ICE WALKER=new African American female with ice manipulation powers
    MR FANTASTIC
    THE THING
    HUMAN TORCH
    SOULTAKER=new latino male with the ability to possesse people bodies

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    bring them back as THE FANTASTIC FORCE with

INVISIBLE WOMAN
    MOONDRAGON
    ICE WALKER=new African American female with ice manipulation powers
    MR FANTASTIC
    THE THING
    HUMAN TORCH
    SOULTAKER=new latino male with the ability to possesse people bodies
    "There is still not enough diversity in Marvel, so we need to add some characters - that we will never establish their origins or characteristics apart from they're not white males - to Fantastic Four who have always been a family more than a team." Well, that sounds pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Well Doom is Doom and so far I can see he was never used properly same goes for Reed Richards . I would produce a tv-show in which we see besides the episode plot what Doom is doing and what Ben & Reed went through in the war(originally WWII) . For season 1 cliff-hanger end the FF would going into space again(the help some aliens plot) , I would mostly use classic plots and reinterpret them again to fit with the current universe & style. I would clash with Dr.Doom at the end of season 2 , season 3 Mad Thinker and Galactus season 4.

And some middle season cliffhangers with 2 episodes as well. What important is about it is how you can transfer a strong message and create tension, the FF were mostly special effects in the movies.(this is what I miss in SW as well) .

When let's say in a daydream Fox came(or some one else) and say lets do this. I must say this would be up-to-date content on the political side but also very controversial.

Dr.Doom is a dictator who went through prosecution in his life and became a merciless man who rules a country which are also supported by the U.S which he also wants to secretly conquer. (anyone heard about Saudi-Arabia ?)

Reed Richards on the other hand is a man who went through a war trauma which made him a pacifist and a man who wants to make the world a better place. He don't believe in weapons but in using his brain.

When you put that in motion what you get as messages are against a large majority of political believe that are held in Washington and spread around the U.S country or others said it would give a lot of people to think and talk about.