Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm pretty sure Doom wasn't the problem with any of those movies. If Marvel Studios ever get their hands on it, they ought to set it in the 60s-70s and do it as a send-up to Lee, Kirby, Thomas, Perez, Byrne, et al.
    Last edited by Bosch; 01-17-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    I'm pretty sure Doom wasn't the problem with any of those movies. If Marvel Studios ever get their hands on it, they ought to set it in the 60s-70s and do it as a send-up to Lee, Kirby, Thomas, Perez, Byrne, et al.
    i doubt that they would likely use it in the current time with the heroes reborn theme in the present. The problem is more all those other stuff which they own is so deadly, to make it fit in with the others would be troublesome .

There was a line in Secret Wars that struck me: "Science called Discovery; Religion called Doom." Any good F4 story should be a cosmic/science fiction story, but not only that, an ongoing Doom/Reed story. Reed, who has science, but also his family who keeps him centered (cf interdimensional Council of Reed's). Doom, who balances science with magic, yet craves the family and belonging Reed has, which he has yet to fully experience. Reed, who had a wealthy but absent father; Doom, the self made man. I have yet to read a lot of F4, but to me, these are the most powerful themes that have been handed down to us and can serve for a myriad of stories in the various media formats

Many of the F4 rogue gallery faild to age well...they're relics of the 60s. Doom is timeless. Done properly, he would make the ultimate on-screen rival/villain(used loosely) to the F4. And please play up the antagonism towards Ben! Good comic relief
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 01-17-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Amazing Member

Here is how I think the MCU could update the FF and how I would bring them into that universe.

Instead of the Cold War origin where they U.S. wanted to beat the Russians into space its about creating a functional warp drive ship that allows mankind to travel the stars, and Reed Richards is the only one smart enough to figure out how to do it. That's where they get their powers in space, by test flying a ship that can change the way mankind travels in space forever.

A few other things. Reed Richards also served in the military along with Ben Grimm (like he did in the original comics). Which means he knows how to handle himself and isn't the stereotypical skinny nerd, like the previous movie versions of the character. Can we get away from that please? He doesn't have to be a complete badass but he also doesn't have to be a complete wimp just because he's smart. And Sue Storm is a doctor. That is why Reed brings her on the mission. Dr. Doom hates Reed Richards and wants to be the one to deliver this breakthrough to mankind so he hires someone to spy on where the ship is being built and sabotage the ship and the mission. He could already be the ruler of Latveria and we can get his backstory later. We don't need to tie it to the FF's origin, he could just already be Dr. Doom.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I say create a new series, with totally new characters, and instead of 4 heroes give them 5....so its the Fantastic 5 and start from scratch.