All-New Member

Exclamation Help On Finding a Character

Hello everyone,

I remember reading a comic where Hulk fights a group of superheroes, maybe Avengers maybe X-men I cannot recall, and then someone stand against Hulk holding a Y-shaped device. This device reflects Hulk's strikes back to him in exactly the same way. Finally Hulk gets tired from throwing punches and getting them back, more powerful in every try and passes out. Does anyone remember who is that character holding that device and in which issue I can find this??

Your help is very appreciated for it's been in my mind for days now and I just cannot recall.

PS: If I'm not wrong this didn't happen in a city, it's more likely to be happened in highlands and the person holding the device probably had blonde hair.

You might be thinking of Vanguard, a Russian superhero. He carries a hammer and sickle, and has the ability to reflect a foe's attacks back at them.

All-New Member

Thank you for the answer, do you have any idea in which issue this might have happened? Or if Vanguard and Hulk have ever fought against each other?

All-New Member

Actually I have found that in The Incredible Hulk-issue 258 they have fought each other. So if anyone has this issue, can they tell me if Hulk and Vanguard faced each other and then Hulk passed out from his own punches? I'm not sure if I could ask this but could someone post only that page here? Thank you guys so much

Can't help you with this but there is a character i want to find. She was in iron man and I think she was called Gizmo, basically she died early in the issue while helping authorities investigating a disturbance in a factory of some sort the murderer being one of her team mates. Tony stark still had Extremis and the main villain of the series was The Mandarin. She was a big Iron Man fan-girl and had her costume more or less styled on iron man but it was more open. any help here please?
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Kantos bin Sinimmar View Post
    Actually I have found that in The Incredible Hulk-issue 258 they have fought each other. So if anyone has this issue, can they tell me if Hulk and Vanguard faced each other and then Hulk passed out from his own punches? I'm not sure if I could ask this but could someone post only that page here? Thank you guys so much
    Nope, that dosent happen in that issue. May be a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantos bin Sinimmar View Post
    Hello everyone,

I remember reading a comic where Hulk fights a group of superheroes, maybe Avengers maybe X-men I cannot recall, and then someone stand against Hulk holding a Y-shaped device. This device reflects Hulk's strikes back to him in exactly the same way. Finally Hulk gets tired from throwing punches and getting them back, more powerful in every try and passes out. Does anyone remember who is that character holding that device and in which issue I can find this??

Your help is very appreciated for it's been in my mind for days now and I just cannot recall.

PS: If I'm not wrong this didn't happen in a city, it's more likely to be happened in highlands and the person holding the device probably had blonde hair.
    The Hulk has faced the Leader who used a similar tactic to which you described:

But probably not what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The Hulk has faced the Leader who used a similar tactic to which you described:

But probably not what you're looking for.
    Yes that one occured to me looking through front covers.

All-New Member

Thank you all for your answers, i think the character was Vanguard - he matches the image in my mind. Even though as you said Leader and Hulk have fought in the same way and even Havoc fought him similarly by absorbing his energy and all, looking into his images i'm now sure that he was Vanguard.
    Last edited by Kantos bin Sinimmar; 12-15-2015 at 12:27 AM.