Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Doomsday Is Not the Biggest Threat in "Batman v Superman"

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" production designer Patrick Tatopoulos says there's a lot more to the film than a battle with the classic villain.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Pretty obvious the big threat at the end will be Darkseid to prep for the JL movie.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So now Darkseid is confirmed.

Spectacular Member

Good grief! This film better be like 3 hours long! They seem to be doing SO MUCH!

How long is this movie going to be? Is this going to be a 3 hour movie?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerthebarbarian View Post
    How long is this movie going to be? Is this going to be a 3 hour movie?
    Some where between 80 minutes and 3.5 hours

BANNED

And this is why I am concerned that this film is going to be a bloated mess. It is FAR too much story for one film. I am starting to get the feeling the success of this film will be closer to Fant4stic than Avengers. Hoping I am wrong, I want more and more superhero movies... but my gut says otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And this is why I am concerned that this film is going to be a bloated mess. It is FAR too much story for one film. I am starting to get the feeling the success of this film will be closer to Fant4stic than Avengers. Hoping I am wrong, I want more and more superhero movies... but my gut says otherwise.
    Lol, trailer shown - so pissed off with wb for spoiling the whole movie.
    Interview after trailer - so pissed off with DC for cramping so much in one film.
    Marvel studios can do no wrong but wb and fox are gonna ruin the beloved DC / marvel characters.

BANNED

It has Luthor in it. How would Doomsday possibly be the biggest threat? I mean seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Interview after trailer - so pissed off with DC for cramping so much in one film.
    Marvel studios can do no wrong but wb and fox are gonna ruin the beloved DC / marvel characters.
    A lot is riding on Batman vs Superman, beyond any immediate financial success. It's understandable for people to be nervous.

Perhaps the biggest threat will be global warming, or the lack of affordable housing

H
    I think the problem here is that WB didn't have to show Doomsday. They didn't have to announce that their was a bigger threat, likely Darseid. The reason they're doing this and the reason they are trying to put all these characters in one film is because they're desperate and it's starting to show. They already had everyone excited with the first trailer, which showed nearly nothing. If the most recent trailer had been like that people would still be excited and then the doomsday reveal would have been a surprise along with this "greater threat". All the while we still haven't heard a single line of dialogue from Gal Gadot, which has me very worried about her portrayal. All the other actors/characters haven't been established either. You can't possibly act as if people shouldn't have any concerns.
    Last edited by Child of the Past; 12-14-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It has Luthor in it. How would Doomsday possibly be the biggest threat? I mean seriously...
    Some people are saying that this is Luthor Jr. and not actual Luthor.

Mighty Member

Some people are going to find a reason to complain. The people who don't like Eisenberg's casting are likely not going to change their mind. Those who hate Zach Snyder AREN'T going to change their mind. It doesn't matter the content of the movie. Some truly want this movie to fail and will declare its failure in a redundant manner no matter what actually happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    H

I think the problem here is that WB didn't have to show Doomsday. They didn't have to announce that their was a bigger threat, likely Darseid. The reason they're doing this and the reason they are trying to put all these characters in one film is because they're desperate and it's starting to show. They already had everyone excited with the first trailer, which showed nearly nothing. If the most recent trailer had been like that people would still be excited and then the doomsday reveal would have been a surprise along with this "greater threat". All the while we still haven't heard a single line of dialogue from Gal Gadot, which has me very worried about her portrayal. All the other actors/characters haven't been established either. You can't possibly act as if people shouldn't have any concerns.
    Why can't they annonunce Doomsday? Didnt marvel announce red skull in Cap 1? Did they announce Loki in THor? Did it take away any of your enjoyment when you found out who the villain of the film is? We already knew Thanos is going to be in Avengers and yet nobody seems to think that they're being desperate. Double standard much?
    I hardly think they're desperate because the film is tracking extremely well and if you think any movie with Batman wouldn't sell, then you're the one in denial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It depends on which Lex Luthor we are going to get. Are we getting the lame realestate scheming Lex LooThor or are we getting the comics super genius Lex Luthor or are we getting the comics CEO Lex Luthor? We haven't seen enough to know for sure yet.