Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to introduce Spyke (Evan Daniels) to the 616 X-Men

I always liked Spyke, an original character created for X-Men: Evolution. He was Storm's nephew from New York who could project bony spikes from his body. I realize there are already mutants with similar abilities in 616 (Marrow, Quill), but Spyke is different than them as he has a familial relationship with one of the most prominent X-Men members. In Evolution, there were really two versions of the character; Skater-Evan and Morlock-Evan. And while I admit Morlock-Evan was more fun, the Marvel Universe has become overrun with disfigured mutants and I don't know if that would be the best way to introduce him. What do you guys think the best way to introduce Evan to the 616 X-Men would be?

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I always liked Spyke, an original character created for X-Men: Evolution. He was Storm's nephew from New York who could project bony spikes from his body. I realize there are already mutants with similar abilities in 616 (Marrow, Quill), but Spyke is different than them as he has a familial relationship with one of the most prominent X-Men members. In Evolution, there were really two versions of the character; Skater-Evan and Morlock-Evan. And while I admit Morlock-Evan was more fun, the Marvel Universe has become overrun with disfigured mutants and I don't know if that would be the best way to introduce him. What do you guys think the best way to introduce Evan to the 616 X-Men would be?

I didn't like him at first but he grew on me over time. To be honest, I would keep everything about his backstory except his relationship to Storm which I never really liked. Just keep him an "average" teen mutant who loves to skate that ends up at the JG school. No relation to Storm in any way, shape, or form. I think his powers are cool and I liked that he learned to generate armor and to heat his projectiles.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I didn't like him at first but he grew on me over time. To be honest, I would keep everything about his backstory except his relationship to Storm which I never really liked. Just keep him an "average" teen mutant who loves to skate that ends up at the JG school. No relation to Storm in any way, shape, or form. I think his powers are cool and I liked that he learned to generate armor and to heat his projectiles.
    I think his relationship with Storm is an important part of the character and dissolving that would demote him to a background character with no chance of ever being in the spotlight.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think his relationship with Storm is an important part of the character and dissolving that would demote him to a background character with no chance of ever being in the spotlight.
    I'm not sure this follows? Storm's daughter isn't really being used.

I actually prefer his comic counter part, Marrow.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Her solo is the perfect vehicle for this great, great character.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Her solo is the perfect vehicle for this great, great character.
    You're right. That would be a great place to introduce him.

BANNED

No, thanks.

I would love if they introduced Evan into 616!

What's the point of him if we already have Marrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What's the point of him if we already have Marrow?
    You could say the same thing about having two telepathic or two telekinetic characters.

I rather they introduce MjNari into the 616 universe.

MjNari.JPG

He already has been in canon but as a baby in the Life and Death II story. So maybe he is the perfect age to be a teenage mutant.

Here is the info about the elder MjNari who the baby MjNari was named after. http://www.comicvine.com/mjnari/4005-67710/
    Last edited by Darkholder; 06-13-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Well you don't have to erase any relation to Storm from Spyke, especially after the Amazing X-Men Annual. Instead of literally being her nephew, he could instead be a close relative of hers to the point of seeing her like an aunt and thus calling her 'Auntie O' like in Evolution.

He could be an orphan or a new morlock who Storm takes an intrest in because he got experimented on by Sinister or Dark Beast which cause him to shoot flaming spikes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    I rather they introduce MjNari into the 616 universe.

MjNari.JPG

He already has been in canon but as a baby in the Life and Death II story. So maybe he is the perfect age to be a teenage mutant.

Here is the info about the elder MjNari who the baby MjNari was named after. http://www.comicvine.com/mjnari/4005-67710/
    Agreed Mjnari was awesome

o