Default Vault-Tec vs Shinra vs Vaught vs Umbrella

Vault-Tec of the Fallout-verse vs Shinra Electric Company of the FFVII-verse vs Vaught of The Boys-verse vs Umbrella Corporation of the Resident Evil-verse.

Who's the most evil corporation?

Who's the most powerful?

Who's the most successful/wealthy/well-integrated or permeated the most into every-day life and society of their respective worlds?

Shinra was the only company doing something that could potentially destroy the actual planet so they probably win on scale though the other three were probably the more moustache twirling evil types, although should be pointed out that with Vaught it depends on which medium it is as the live action show is a lot more malicious and overt about their goals than the comics version one

Who's the most powerful?
    probably Vaught, Shinra would be the most conventionally powerful one

Who's the most successful/wealthy/well-integrated or permeated the most into every-day life and society of their respective worlds?
    Be between Shinra and Vaught and probably Shinra since they pretty much monopolized every industry in addition to being the world's dominant government, basically they were already what Vaught aspires to be. CERTAINLY wasn't Vault Tech who in addition to being evil were pretty incompetent as well or Umbrella who were effectively stamped out

I go with Shinra for most evil, because Hojo. That man is literally pretty much responsible for almost every major thing that happen in FF7
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Live action Vault Tec is pretty awful. I don't recall the game version being quite as bad. Still evil and morally decrepit, but not quite as bad.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I mean Vault-Tec's fighting force, as far as we've seen was a bunch of dudes with smack-sticks. Maybe a 9mm if they were an Elite Guard. The few Vaults with Securitrons had them provided by RobCo and thus don't count as Vault-Tec.

Meanwhile Shinra has an Army, a Navy, an Air Force of war-zeppelins, etc. They have tens of thousands of expendable troops with high-end military gear, LOTS of Robot defense forces, and the occasional monstrosity Hojo's cooking up in the basement.

The problem is, from what I understand, Umbrella Corp has a LOT of big nasty bioweapons that mow down generic grunts by the dozen. Shinra's normal Grunts couldn't handle a Tyrant, let alone Wesker Weskering it up all over the place. They're going to have to call in the Turks, who make a better go at it, but end up getting Bravo Teamed to show how tough this guy is. They're going to have to kidnap a four-year old if they want to win against Umbrella Corp.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Shinra was the only company doing something that could potentially destroy the actual planet so they probably win on scale though the other three were probably the more moustache twirling evil types, although should be pointed out that with Vaught it depends on which medium it is as the live action show is a lot more malicious and overt about their goals than the comics version one
    Vault-tec (at least explicitly shown in the show) directly contributed to the actual destruction of the planet though... and they bought out every company that was researching cold fusion that would end the resource wars just so they could maintain their profit margins.

So in terms of evilness, at least Shinra didn't do anything to permanently turn their planet into a wasteland from nuclear Armageddon...

Not to mention Vault-tec continued their evilness for even those who survived and bought into their vaults, with a bunch of heinous experimentation and mutations they inflicted into most of the denizens of the vaults as their study subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Meanwhile Shinra has an Army, a Navy, an Air Force of war-zeppelins, etc. They have tens of thousands of expendable troops with high-end military gear, LOTS of Robot defense forces, and the occasional monstrosity Hojo's cooking up in the basement.

The problem is, from what I understand, Umbrella Corp has a LOT of big nasty bioweapons that mow down generic grunts by the dozen. Shinra's normal Grunts couldn't handle a Tyrant, let alone Wesker Weskering it up all over the place. They're going to have to call in the Turks, who make a better go at it, but end up getting Bravo Teamed to show how tough this guy is. They're going to have to kidnap a four-year old if they want to win against Umbrella Corp.
    And Vaught has superhumans... like Homelander (mostly) under their thumb (or at least somewhat co-aligned in their goals to the point where they could still point their big guns at their opponents).

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    So in terms of evilness, at least Shinra didn't do anything to permanently turn their planet into a wasteland from nuclear Armageddon...
    No. Things SURVIVED nuclear Armageddon. Shinra wanted to drain all the life force from the planet, so NOTHING could live anymore.

And Vaught has superhumans... like Homelander (mostly) under their thumb (or at least somewhat co-aligned in their goals to the point where they could still point their big guns at their opponents).
    Yeah, I didn't know anything about Vaught.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    No. Things SURVIVED nuclear Armageddon. Shinra wanted to drain all the life force from the planet, so NOTHING could live anymore.
    It was honestly even worse, a planet that's been completely drained of it's Life Stream will actually break up and crumble into dust from what's shown in Cosmo Canyon, so when I said destroy the planet I meant literally destroying the rock itself not just wiping out life

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Live action Vault Tec is pretty awful. I don't recall the game version being quite as bad. Still evil and morally decrepit, but not quite as bad.
    You should read up on the different vault experiments, they were hilariously cartoonishly evil. Like just to name one example Vault 75 from Fallout 4 which was built under a school that was supposedly meant to be a shelter for school children, but what actually happened was the parents were separated from the children, the parents were all executed and incinerated, and the children were then tortured and tested to determine which had the 'best' genes, and at age 18 those genes were 'harvested' for the next generation with the goal of creating a "master race." All the ones that didn't make the cut were executed and tossed in the incinerator like their parents
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-15-2024 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It was honestly even worse, a planet that's been completely drained of it's Life Stream will actually break up and crumble into dust from what's shown in Cosmo Canyon, so when I said destroy the planet I meant literally destroying the rock itself not just wiping out life

You should read up on the different vault experiments, they were hilariously cartoonishly evil. Like just to name one example Vault 75 from Fallout 4 which was built under a school that was supposedly meant to be a shelter for school children, but what actually happened was the parents were separated from the children, the parents were all executed and incinerated, and the children were then tortured and tested to determine which had the 'best' genes, and at age 18 those genes were 'harvested' for the next generation with the goal of creating a "master race." All the ones that didn't make the cut were executed and tossed in the incinerator like their parents
    Another vault imprisoned a single resident, with only puppets for company. Others did studies on inbreeding after having a certain amount of people enter them and remain so for 200 years.

A few vaults were genuinely functionable as actual safe havens from the bombs. But far more often, the vaults were used as ways to experiment on people without any oversight. Fallout 4, you, your family, and several other families, are brought into the vault during the into. And rather than living quarters for the refugees, they are tricked into getting into pods that are in actuality, freezing chambers. Freezing the people in time. When the MC is finally able to get out of their pod, everyone else had died in their pods due to some sort of failure. The staff, after a certain amount of time, was supposed to receive word from HQ about their next step. But that never came, leading to infighting and slaughter among the Vault-Tec Staff. A few may have escaped, but you find numerous skeletons belonging to the staff all over the vault.

That's just one vault out of well over 100. Vault-Tec may not have made Earth go "Boom!", but having the world's superpowers launch all of their nukes at once? Well, be all accounts, the US is in the "best" shape. As by the reports from the few characters from abroad, everything else is pretty much dead. Radioactively dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Vault-Tec may not have made Earth go "Boom!", but having the world's superpowers launch all of their nukes at once? Well, be all accounts, the US is in the "best" shape. As by the reports from the few characters from abroad, everything else is pretty much dead. Radioactively dead.
    In the show, Vault-Tec secretly set off the war by launching the first nukes on American soil, causing the chain of events and retaliatory strikes that set off the nuclear Armageddon.

They directly contributed to the ending of the world.