Thread: Sauron vs Ysera

Default Sauron vs Alexstrasza

Sauron at his peak vs Alexstrasza
    Last edited by MichaelC; 04-11-2024 at 10:21 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

My usual call for feats….
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

am i seeing this wrong but arent these 2 different dragons? or did something spoilery happen that i don't know about O_O

Wait is this Sauron the dinosaur guy or Sauron the Tolkier character?

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Alexstrasza the dragon queen is the dragon aspect of life, she can do things like create life, resurrect life, animate the dead that sort of thing... her power comes from the Titan Eanor, the entity that's the representation of all life and nature in the universe, planet sized beings that create planets and life "through the weaving of the arcane".
    One of her siblings is the aspect of time, a guy who has mastery over time itself and can create various timelines and other fun stuff.
    Another sibling is the very essence of all magic in the warcraft universe.
    And one is the aspect of Nature (Ysera) basically a slightly lesser version of Alexstrasza.

Aside from that they are usually immortal (unless depowered or being hit with amazingly powerful artifacts like the Dragon Soul) and highly intelligent magic users

A metric ton of lore from warcraft is heavily inspired (and sometimes blatantly ripped off ) by Tolkien's work. (also alot of lovecraft)

The titans are basically the valar, Sargeras is a cross between Melkor and Sauron ( the strongest titan that got corrupted and turned evil )

The Lich King is also inspised by Sauron and the Witch King of Angmar.

Fun fact is The Lich King fought Sauron on the youtube channel death battle and Sauron won

How powerful magic users?

Sounding not-so-great for the Abhorrent One…
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    am i seeing this wrong but arent these 2 different dragons? or did something spoilery happen that i don't know about O_O
    I remembered Alexstrasza's name wrong, and put Ysera in the title instead. Then when I edited it, it didn't change the thread title, even in "Go Advanced". Instead, all it did was put a little mini-title in the first post. Very annoying editing limitation on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How powerful magic users?

Well the most powerful mortal magic users in warcraft do things like mass teleport armies across huge swaths of land, time stop armies, or physically freeze armies in place (turning said army into blocks of ice) fiddle in other ways with time like putting groups of people in timeloops , or automatically reverse time every time they die , astral projection, communicating with other mages or people across continents, transmuting things into other things

Then there is the next level of magic users, these people are usually in the previous category but they are receiving additional power through an external source or relic or being. This could be the Well of Eternity, a large body of water with infinite arcane energies which later turns out was basically the blood of a Titan, one of those planet sized Valar-like beings that gave the Dragon aspects their power. Or the council of Tirisfal, a group of the current most powerful mages on the planet that would funnel their power into 1 of their own (usually the most talented and strongest) turning him/her into the guardian, “single mortal champion magically empowered by the council to secretly fight the burning legion ( a near infinite demonic army with various potent magic users and warlocks) and other demons wherever they might have appeared in the world.”

As a caveat i will say however, most ,if not all of these people are susceptible to mental attacks , in fact one of the strongest got possessed by the spirit of the fallen titan Sargeras (the Melkor clone) turning her future child (which would also turn into one of the strongest magi in warcraft history )to become a mind puppet for Sargeras. Now mind you, this was done by a guy that’s probably in the top 3 of strongest beings of the warcraft universe, but still..

These powerful mages I mentioned would not dare try and take on a fully powered dragon aspect, let alone the Dragon Queen herself. Fight would probably go something like this:

Powerful mage: Insta-cast Timestop
    Alexstrasza: *Ignores*
    Alexstrasza: *Casts Dragon’s Breath*
    Powerful mage: Raises various potent magical shields *Turns into ash*
    Alexstrasza: *Casts Dragon’s Breath*
    Powerful mage: *Revived to full health*
    Alexstrasza: *Snort* what was that about.
    Powerful mage: *Gulp* Uhm, my apologies dragon queen, can I go now?

I'm somewhat thin on Sauron being able to mentally enslave someone of that level of heft. I mean, there's a case to be made of 'no feats for resistance', but I'm always iffy on going with the idea of 'no feats means cosmic forces cannot defend themselves against lesser beings with telepathy'.

And outside of the potential for mental assault (I am in no way convinced of this), I see no way for Sauron to win.
    Why are we here?