Page 112 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2744
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That said, with Shiro I like how he's fairly snarky in a generally pleasant way, and that his heroic willpower and strong moral compass are depicted as being both admirable and also an extremely self-destructive mental disorder that is going to almost inevitably lead to his ideals shattering him and his loved ones mourning him unless he develops the ability to actually want something for himself and throw away his ideals. Especially how it addresses the sheer hypocrisy about how both he and Saber are equally horrified by how the other sees/treats themselves, despite the extremely strong parallels between the two.
    I will readily admit that a lot of my issues with Shiro are immensely unfair towards the character. Basically I saw Fate: Zero first and I loved it, it is one of my all time favourite anime series (I got the DVD box signed by Matthew Mercer, Kiritsugu's english VA, last year, which was awesome) and I kinda want to see a direct follow up to that series. A follow up that has Rin, Sakura, Ilya and Saber deal with and confront the corruption and assholes that ruined their families and fight to get some justice for everything that happen. But not such series exists because Zero is a prequel and Fate stay/night is split into three different routes that explore a different lady each along with their relationship to a kid that only appeared at the end of Zero so I never formed an emotional bond to that character and don't really give a hoot about him.

That's unfair to him and Fate stay/night in general. Shiro is a fine character in his own right and an interesting deconstruction of hero archetypes, and the series is engaging and iconic. It's just not what I want. ^^'

*sigh*

Now I reminded myself of Gilgamesh murdering Ilya...

Kefla vs. Gilgamesh, preferably taking her time to dismantle and destroy him.

Fred Dukes Blob (X-Men Comics) VS Billy Butcher (The Boys Comic.)

Because this is just the kind of humiliating beatdown Billy deserves.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I will readily admit that a lot of my issues with Shiro are immensely unfair towards the character. Basically I saw Fate: Zero first and I loved it, it is one of my all time favourite anime series (I got the DVD box signed by Matthew Mercer, Kiritsugu's english VA, last year, which was awesome) and I kinda want to see a direct follow up to that series. A follow up that has Rin, Sakura, Ilya and Saber deal with and confront the corruption and assholes that ruined their families and fight to get some justice for everything that happen. But not such series exists because Zero is a prequel and Fate stay/night is split into three different routes that explore a different lady each along with their relationship to a kid that only appeared at the end of Zero so I never formed an emotional bond to that character and don't really give a hoot about him.

That's unfair to him and Fate stay/night in general. Shiro is a fine character in his own right and an interesting deconstruction of hero archetypes, and the series is engaging and iconic. It's just not what I want. ^^'

*sigh*

Now I reminded myself of Gilgamesh murdering Ilya...

Kefla vs. Gilgamesh, preferably taking her time to dismantle and destroy him.
    I feel the need to point out that a more appropriate counter to Gilgamesh might be Freeza, who is richer than him, has more territory/subjects, has more treasures, can cover himself in more gold than him, can probably shrug of his esoteric abilities, and could (overkill) counter Enuma Elish with a handful of stolen Power of Destruction depending on when he was pulled from the timeline. Also, unlike Kefla, he is actually a sadist and would likely call Gilgamesh something analogous to the latter's own "mongrel" epithets.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-07-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I feel the need to point out that a more appropriate counter to Gilgamesh might be Freeza, who is richer than him, has more territory/subjects, has more treasures, can cover himself in more gold than him, can probably shrug of his esoteric abilities, and could (overkill) counter Enuma Elish with a handful of stolen Power of Destruction depending on when he was pulled from the timeline. Also, unlike Kefla, he is actually a sadist and would likely call Gilgamesh something analogous to the latter's own "mongrel" epithets.
    That would be a really good choice if one wants to go with a "Everything you can do I can do better" stomp and plenty of torment.

But I just want to see loud rough girl Kefla punch Gil in the gut and face while laughing off his attacks.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I want to be clear I'm not calling anyone out with this post, it's just this genuinely made me laugh.

This quote, as an example of the quite interesting and nuanced discussion happening in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sometimes we just don't care for the heroic character and we put them into this stomp thread. Simple as that. Weird rant over, I need to sleep
    ... is particularly funny in light of the like... third or forth post in the thread way back at the beginning:

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Just as long as people keep it kosher(and limit it to actual villains). It's up to Guy1 whether or not he wants to keep it up, but there was a reason why the mods banned it on the old forum and that's mainly because it went from a thread that was mainly meant to vent out against villainous *********ts to a thread where people just flamed whatever character they didn't like(a good chunk of them being heroes), which eventually led to discontent among posters from seeing their favorite characters bashed. So, just a suggestion, keep it to people who are genuine assholes of society.
    Just amused me how "We can only stomp bad guys and assholes," was ever a thing that was even implied. XD

Astonishing Member

Yami Yugi vs Yukio Oikawa and Hunter J
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Spectacular Member

X-23 villain Kimura vs Joe Fixit. He will enjoy testing the limits of her invulnerabiliy, and so will I.

Astonishing Member

TF2's Medic uses Claire Bennet as his Patient
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

BANNED

Gavrill(Franken Fran, Franken Fran Frantic) enters Killing Bites.

Everybody is going to die. I mean, seriously. Everybody is going to die.

Astonishing Member

Sho Minamimoto vs Eduardo Rivera

Himura Battousai VS Abby (Last Of Us 2)

Dabi VS Abby
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member

Powered-up Mohinder Suresh vs MCU!Professor Hulk

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with One Punch-Man, and now I want to see the Universe 7 team from Dragon Ball Super (with Buu instead of Freiza) tear through the Monster Associastion.

I think that would be a lot of fun.

Mukuro Ikusaba VS Abby (Last Of Us 2)

As fun as it would be to see Mukuro pimpslap Abby across the arena, I'm pretty sure she'll just go for the decapitation blitz.

And one more for the night.

Gluttony VS Abby.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member

MCU!Captain Marvel in (skip to 1:25)

she need to prevents Arthur Petrelli from Power-draining Hiro Nakamura with everything in her power