Page 120 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1882
  1. #1786

    Default

    Doraemon vs Micah Sanders: Micah can hack Doraemon here
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://linktr.ee/Masonicon

  2. #1787
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He's the main character of an anime called Misfit of Devil King Academy. He is a demon lord who was defeated 2000 years ago and reincarnated into the modern era, and is currently attending a magic academy. He's mastered nearly every form of destructive magic and is almost unkillable (since his origin/core essence is Magic, he can't actually die, so he resurrected himself after barely 3 seconds of being "dead"), so Death Spells/abilities are pointless against him and he's immune to Time Stops. Dude also took a multi-mountain busting sword strike to the face, and said-sword broke off of his head as well as caught an attack that ruptured time and space with his bare hands. His main weapon is a magic sword that can destroy magic, dimensions, concepts, etc.
    My favorite aspect of the series is that he was reincarnated with all his memories still intact and aged himself up to @15 years old (though a really hard 15, going by his height and build) so that he could attend the Demon King Academy, mostly because it means that he is living with a pair of doting human parents who treat him as an overachieving baby that they adore.


  3. #1788
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    You know, as much as I love both Shigaraki and Gigantomachia in the current My Hero Academia arc (which is one of the best Shounen war arcs I've ever read) it would be pretty fun to see Saitama do his thing against them.

  4. #1789
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    You know, as much as I love both Shigaraki and Gigantomachia in the current My Hero Academia arc (which is one of the best Shounen war arcs I've ever read)
    Really? That surprises me a little. The current arc has been fun but I feel like it's been a little rushed compared to others in the 'war arc' sort of genre. Not enough individual bright spots for my money, it's been very centred on a smaller number of characters than I would have hoped for.

    Gigantomachia is built well though. Really doing that whole "out of control kaiju" vibe very well.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #1790
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Really? That surprises me a little. The current arc has been fun but I feel like it's been a little rushed compared to others in the 'war arc' sort of genre. Not enough individual bright spots for my money, it's been very centred on a smaller number of characters than I would have hoped for.
    For me it's been basically nothing but individual bright spots (at least one per chapter since the whole thing started) that have coalesced into a grand "war" type conflict. I love the fast and frenetic pace of it all, and how the story has been jumping back and forth between two fronts (it makes the action feel fresh while still keeping up the momentum).

    There are just so many scenes and moments I've loved this arc. Just off the top of my head (spoiler tagged for those that don't read the manga):
    spoilers:
    - Mirko's mad dash to reach Shigaraki.
    - Kaminari finding his courage and proving himself invaluable in the initial assault, also cudos to Cementoss for showing how powerful he is in that situation.
    - The dynamic and tragic confrontation between Hawks and Twice, and then Dabi, with Tokoyami jumping in for a brilliant last minute save.
    - Present Mic slugging doctor Garaki in the face is so freaking satisfying.
    - Shigaraki unleashing the full devastation of his Decay quirk and his free-spirited glee as he rampaged afterwards. He's basically been the main star of the arc as he's come into his own.
    - Though it failed I really liked the students coming up with a plan to stop Gigantomachia, lots of great individual performances there.
    - Deku has just been on fire the last few chapters, especially in the last one where he's using his three unlocked quirks all at once.
    end of spoilers

    I just get a big smile on my face thinking about the arc. Right now it's duking it out with the Marineford arc in my mind in terms of quality, with the final arc of Fullmetal Alchemist being the best one overall. Granted, I'm probably still missing some important arcs here and there. But yeah, it's that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Gigantomachia is built well though. Really doing that whole "out of control kaiju" vibe very well.
    He's great. I'm really glad that he's lived up to his hype so far.

  6. #1791
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    For me it's been basically nothing but individual bright spots (at least one per chapter since the whole thing started) that have coalesced into a grand "war" type conflict. I love the fast and frenetic pace of it all, and how the story has been jumping back and forth between two fronts (it makes the action feel fresh while still keeping up the momentum).

    There are just so many scenes and moments I've loved this arc. Just off the top of my head (spoiler tagged for those that don't read the manga):
    spoilers:
    - Mirko's mad dash to reach Shigaraki.
    - Kaminari finding his courage and proving himself invaluable in the initial assault, also cudos to Cementoss for showing how powerful he is in that situation.
    - The dynamic and tragic confrontation between Hawks and Twice, and then Dabi, with Tokoyami jumping in for a brilliant last minute save.
    - Present Mic slugging doctor Garaki in the face is so freaking satisfying.
    - Shigaraki unleashing the full devastation of his Decay quirk and his free-spirited glee as he rampaged afterwards. He's basically been the main star of the arc as he's come into his own.
    - Though it failed I really liked the students coming up with a plan to stop Gigantomachia, lots of great individual performances there.
    - Deku has just been on fire the last few chapters, especially in the last one where he's using his three unlocked quirks all at once.
    end of spoilers

    I just get a big smile on my face thinking about the arc. Right now it's duking it out with the Marineford arc in my mind in terms of quality, with the final arc of Fullmetal Alchemist being the best one overall. Granted, I'm probably still missing some important arcs here and there. But yeah, it's that good.
    I'm glad it's landing so strongly with you. MHA remains a series that has yet to ever super grab me in the same way as other things but I'm glad it's delivering to big fans of it. The art, of course, remains top notch.

    For me the best moment so far was spoilers:
    Hawks and Twice
    end of spoilers as that flatly might be one of the best moments in MHA thus far. It had such bite and cruel energy to it, great sense of ambiguity about it and hard-edged to boot. Very well handled and, in my opinion, leagues above the normal level of emotionally complexity employed by the series. Very much looking forward to seeing that animated.

    For me, the gold standard of War Arc has to be the final arc of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Pretty much every character in the series got a moment to shine, it was absolutely brutal but felt incredibly well balanced and believable the whole time. Long time board denizens may recall me raving about it in Downtown. Like... every stop was pulled, every button was hit, every limit was pushed, absolutely gripping stuff.

    Beyond that, I greatly enjoyed Dai no Daibouken's final war arc against Vearn's forces and his flying fortress. Again, pretty much everyone got a moment shine, a lot of fun twists and counter twists, everything got a chance to pay off. It loses points because the final, final battle it lead into was a bit "meh," but the actual war portion was super good.

    FMA was also super good. Loved that, such a lot of moving parts and different agendas and factions working both for and against each other.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  7. #1792
    Astonishing Member T51R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Gunka no Baltzar VS Youjo Senkei.

    There are no strategies that can defeat sheer, overwhelming AIR POWER.

  8. #1793
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Doctor Doom versus Red Skull. I know that they have clashed in the past, but in a straight rumble, Doom dispatches Red Skull with that ordinary pistol that he normally uses on lackeys.

  9. #1794
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    The Seven and The Boys vs. DBS Broly. After they hurt Cheelai and Lemo.


    Homelander: Why do I hear Boss Music?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  10. #1795
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Merry Nightmare and Yumeji (Yumekui Merry) vs Freddy Krueger: She literally fights and kicks the crap out of Dream Demons with the same reality-bending powers as Freddy on a daily basis and her human boyfriend is basically Dream Megaman who can utilize the aforementioned Dream Demons' powers, is functionally immortal, and can fight on par with the embodiment/God of the Dream World itself, who can warp both the dream and physical world however it/he pleases.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  11. #1796
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,498

    Default

    My only real problem with Kimetsu no Yaiba's final arc is that it felt like it came out of nowhere. Like, there should have been another 100 or more chapters of set up.

    spoilers:
    Myself so that there could have been more build up for the 1st/2nd/4th/6th Upper Moons, actually build up Zenitsu's/Shinobu's/Inosuke's pasts, give Nezuko waaaaaay more screen time and go into why their bloodline seems to be so special, and give Muzan some planning and manipulation feats akin to Naraku or Dio Brando (both of whom he was clearly inspired by) so that he didn't come across so much as a petty Leeroy Jenkins.

    Also, did they explain why an aging poison would even bother Muzan, considering that his whole schtick is that he's an immortal shapeshifter whose only weakness was sunlight? Or what the whole deal with the Demon Slayer Marks was and why the the original Sun Breath user was able to survive with it until he was 80ish? Or why the Demon Slayers' leader blew up his own wife and 2 of their daughters as well when it didn't seem like Muzan would have been too wary to walk into a building with said guy sitting there by himself?
    end of spoilers

    I do give them a lot of props for not pulling punches when it came to killing/maiming major characters, though.

    Speaking of Inu Yasha and JoJo, I think that both of those also had great final battle war arcs. Multiple of them, in JoJo's case.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-11-2020 at 11:31 AM.

  12. #1797
    Astonishing Member T51R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Mulan 2020 VS Q(Star Trek)

    *As soon as Xian Niang takes her last breath the skies part, a man steps out from the clouds and picks her up*

    Mulan: "THE JADE EMPEROR!?"

    Man: *watching Xian Niang's body turn to sparkless of light falling from his hand* "Pitiful creature." *turns to look at Mulan* "Oh, was this horde of barbarians not enough for you? Then let us see if we can do better, shall we?"

    *beastlike battle cries and clanging metal begin to emerge from a mist that begins to engulf the entire capital. The Rouran begin to scream as they're slaughtered by unseen enemies*

    Man: "Little girl, for all your talk of honour you lack the understanding of what honour truly means. I've decided that today, you will learn."

    *Hulking creatures with funny-looking, bloodstained swords begin to trudge out of the mist*

    Man: "Ten thousand of Kronos' finest, each and every one eager to test your mettle against their own. These are warriors in whose veins true honour flows."

    Mulan: "What...what are they!?"

    Man: "They...are Klingon."

    *Klingons begin to rush the Capital, slaughtering everybody they deem worthy of a fight*

    Mulan: "PLEASE! STOP! Why! Why are you doing this!?"

    Man: "Because I can."

    Mulan: "What are you?"

    Man: "I have many names. You primitive peasants call us gods, angels, demons and the like for you lack the understanding to comprehend that which we truly are." *bends down and looks Mulan in the face* "So let me make it simple enough that your microbial mind can understand. This is but a test. And I. Am. Q."


  13. #1798

    Default

    HTF Splendid in this scene:

    Splendid speed blitz Arthur Petrelli to death before he power drains Hiro Nakamura, every time Arthur Petrelli succeed on power-draining Hiro Nakamura, Splendid turns back time with his Powers
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://linktr.ee/Masonicon

  14. #1799
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    My only real problem with Kimetsu no Yaiba's final arc is that it felt like it came out of nowhere. Like, there should have been another 100 or more chapters of set up.
    100+ additional chapters feels excessive, KnY is only 205 chapters long. A whole addition third of length on the end might not have helped it in terms of pacing. I like that it was pacey and all the progression felt very rapid and impactful because of it. I also kind of liked that we suddenly went "No, this is happening now, there is no more time to prepare," because it felt really urgent and scary for the main cast.

    I'll agree that the three main supporting characters could have stood to have a bit more development. Inosuke got a bit in the final arc which felt satisfying to me, I didn't mind so much with Zenitsu because I never really cared for him as a character that much, Shinobu was... eh, just about there but felt unconnected to the rest of cast methinks. Less that I wanted more information on her, because we did get a full backstory for her, I wanted more integration of her into the primary cast. She should have gone on a mission with Tanjiro and the gang at least once.

    spoilers:
    Also, did they explain why an aging poison would even bother Muzan, considering that his whole schtick is that he's an immortal shapeshifter whose only weakness was sunlight?
    end of spoilers
    Yes, they did explain this.

    If we're just critiquing KnY more broadly, I did not care for the final chapter one bit. I know what is was going for but it did not land for me at all.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  15. #1800
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    ATATATATATATATATATA!!! vs ORAORAORAORA!!! vs Mudamudamudamuda!!!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •