Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Actually in one sense that story line seems a little weak - for a being with Superman's level of powers and abilities - for someone to actually have the gall to blackmail him. While it is clear that HORDR could have broadcast Clark's secret but other than that - nothing to stop an angry Kryptonian eventually showing up on one's doorstep. And we were shown that Clark has the technological savvy to hack computers etc

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Actually in one sense that story line seems a little weak - for a being with Superman's level of powers and abilities - for someone to actually have the gall to blackmail him. While it is clear that HORDR could have broadcast Clark's secret but other than that - nothing to stop an angry Kryptonian eventually showing up on one's doorstep. And we were shown that Clark has the technological savvy to hack computers etc
    the thing is that clark's intelligence and such are only used from time to time as if it where some all new powers. DC keeps forgeting that superman is, you know, intelligent

In recent memory, Morrison is the only one that gets that Superman is supposed to be pretty damn smart. Even Pak's Action, of which I adore, sometimes falls a little short on this aspect.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In recent memory, Morrison is the only one that gets that Superman is supposed to be pretty damn smart. Even Pak's Action, of which I adore, sometimes falls a little short on this aspect.
    Yup, for some reason, Superman always needs to say something about f*cking Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yup, for some reason, Superman always needs to say something about f*cking Batman.
    batman is the ruler of DC/WB these days, so they always have to get some way to make him look better than everyone

superman is simply the perfect advertiser to batman awesomeness these days. this is one of the things that made me dislike the guy in any media that is not exclusive

i like batman only in the batman centered comics, but find him annoying in any other place like the jl, sm/bm, and so on

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Lobdell's Superman was pretty smart, not at his best but close. Superman should be tops.

Which is why I love the golden and silver age stories with Mxyzptlk - Superman always had to use his smarts to outwit the other guy. Yep - at his baseline he should ideally be several steps ahead of both Bats and Luthor.