The big surprise here is that Legends of the Geomancer is not going to be in the Deluxe Edition of Book of Death. That...wow. Honestly I thought they'd not include it in the trades, but the Deluxe, too?

Getting all floppies except for Faith, because I think the book is going to reflect this tone: "Does life have a “dislike” button?"

Getting:
    WOT ETERNAL WARRIOR#5(not sure if this story takes place on Earth or the Hell dimension)
    NINJAK#13
    IMPERIUM#14
    BLOODSHOT REBORN ANNUAL 2016
    Will give A&A#1 a try before making a decision to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    The big surprise here is that Legends of the Geomancer is not going to be in the Deluxe Edition of Book of Death. That...wow. Honestly I thought they'd not include it in the trades, but the Deluxe, too?
    They're really sticking to their guns on this one. I can't say i'm surprised really, but definitely disappointed.

I'll be getting all the monthlies except for Faith, and possibly the BoD Deluxe.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Deff gonna pick up..

WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR #5
    X-O MANOWAR #45
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BUYING:
    A&A 1- I am super pumped, because Archer & Armstrong is still my favorite Valiant title, and Archer is probably my favorite character, but I am super apprehensive about it. It sort of looks like they're ditching the conspiracy/history aspect for a more Q&W-esque style. But we'll see. I also have no idea which cover I'll choose. Either KANO, Lafuente, or the Clayton Henry CGC cover.
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 5- God this looks so good, and I'm so hype for Labyrinth. I also think it's pretty rad that this book might change artists, but Raul Allen seems to be the main artist.
    Bloodshot Reborn Annual 1- Oh god yes, Bloodshot meets Jason.
    I'll also be buying Ninjak 13 and Imperium 14. Dr. Mirage and Faith are still maybe's.

Yea, it's really frustrating... I really wanted to get that Deluxe, but now it just seems pointless.

Getting all floppies except for Faith, because I think the book is going to reflect this tone: "Does life have a “dislike” button?"
    Totally. I'm still checking out the first issue, but it does really seem like Tumblr-bait.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    BUYING:
    A&A 1- I am super pumped, because Archer & Armstrong is still my favorite Valiant title, and Archer is probably my favorite character, but I am super apprehensive about it. It sort of looks like they're ditching the conspiracy/history aspect for a more Q&W-esque style. But we'll see. I also have no idea which cover I'll choose. Either KANO, Lafuente, or the Clayton Henry CGC cover.
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 5- God this looks so good, and I'm so hype for Labyrinth. I also think it's pretty rad that this book might change artists, but Raul Allen seems to be the main artist.
    Bloodshot Reborn Annual 1- Oh god yes, Bloodshot meets Jason.
    I'll also be buying Ninjak 13 and Imperium 14. Dr. Mirage and Faith are still maybe's.

Yea, it's really frustrating... I really wanted to get that Deluxe, but now it just seems pointless.

Totally. I'm still checking out the first issue, but it does really seem like Tumblr-bait.

I'm with you on Archer and Armstrong. It was my favorite book of the early Valiant reboot, but the art in this one is awful. I may just have to

Also, don't sweat not getting to read Legends of the Geomancer. It really is not worth a second thought.

Glad I obtained LotG through...alternate means. Still think that promotion was stupid.

I have some hesitation about non-FVL Archer & Armstrong, but so did many people when they saw non-BWS Archer & Armstrong. Hopefully this turns out to be good. I've seen some of the interiors, and I think they look pretty decent.

Not sure all the hesitation around the Faith series. She's a key part of the VALIANT universe and I'm looking forward to seeing her on her own for a few issues. It's not Dysart writing, but we're 4 years into the new VALIANT and it's time to see characters passed on to new creators. Not every book and character can be written by the same person for ever.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not surprised.
    Too many got their hopes up while having fun with semantics.
    Granted, I didn't approve of the promotion but I did believe them when they said it wouldn't be collected.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just Ninjak #13 for me.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

All of them. This month I'm only interested in four comics from Marvel/DC universes (The Vision, Weirdworld, Batman and The Omega Men) so Valiant is the cohesive universe in comics for me (well... Valiant and the Mignola comics in Dark Horse)

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Also, don't sweat not getting to read Legends of the Geomancer. It really is not worth a second thought.
    Let him read it, and be the judge. Personally, I thought it was excellent, much better than BOD proper...
    #MagnetoWasRight

A&A: THE ADVENTURES OF ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #1*
    BLOODSHOT REBORN 2016 ANNUAL #1
    THE DEATH-DEFYING DOCTOR MIRAGE: SECOND LIVES #4 (of 4)
    FAITH #3 (of 4)
    IMPERIUM #14
    NINJAK #13
    WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR #5

*Just picking up a few Variants, not at all interested, in this new run.
    #MagnetoWasRight