Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Considering how many variations of Avengers and X-Men (and Inhumans, which just started) there are... DC should be allowed to have multiple Justice Leagues and Titans teams.
    No reasonable fan is sitting there saying Kamala, Miles and San can't be in an Avengers team but god forbid if DC wants to make an old school Titans team...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Titans Hunt with Dick Grayson, donna troy, arsenal, garth just looks like a less capable Justice League team. The Titans brand can be better used for a team similar to the upcoming tv show with Dick Grayson, Starfire, Raven, Changeling, cyborg, Hawk, Dove, Lilith, etc.
    If branding is all that matters, you might as well drop all attempts at expanding the Titans beyond Robin, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg and Beastboy. Who currently form the most popular team of Titans ever.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

After depushing the original titans in every way in this new 52 universe, it doesn't surprise me that sales are low (thanks DC).
    Anyway it's better to stay far away from the mess it is the current Teen Titans book and roster.

If some redhead guy could rise at the end of this 12 issue book, maybe we could have the right push that original Titans deserve.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 12-16-2015 at 03:50 AM.

It hard for an old fan like me to get excited about the mess DC created with its universe`s history due to Flashpoint and New52\DC You.
    I havent decided yet how I feel about Titans Hunt, but I definitely don't want it anywhere near this current Teen Titans.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    It hard for an old fan like me to get excited about the mess DC created with its universe`s history due to Flashpoint and New52\DC You.
    I havent decided yet how I feel about Titans Hunt, but I definitely don't want it anywhere near this current Teen Titans.
    I agree. I'd been following the Titans for nearly 40 years but their New 52 Teen Titans title decimated my interest in the team and characters (the New 52 versions, anyway). I dropped it after the first year and haven't read one solicitation that made me regret that decision or tempted me to pick up an issue. I'm enjoying Titans Hunt but if it was designed to cross over with TT, I wouldn't be reading it.

All new all different new titans.

Troia
    frances kane
    witchfire
    vixen
    dark knight=dick grayson
    impulse=original wally west
    green lantern=kyle
    blue devil
    golden eagle=new native american character with psionic abities=telepathy.telekinesis.tracking sense

Teen titans needs to be cancelled and restart

young justice
    (roll call)
    wonder girl
    ms martain
    bombshell
    jade=green lantern=new asian girl
    speedy
    red robin
    aqualad
    superboy
    kid flash
    zatara
    hawkboy=new character
    firestorm=jason

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I liked the original Teen Titans run a lot, and am happy to see those characters show up again. I think it's an interesting change from the normal reversion policy for the Titans, of bringing back the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans team, and has a lot of potential from that perspective.

Whether or not it'll achieve that is another matter entirely, but at the very least it could leave us with characters like Mal, Bumblebee and Lilith in a much better place for future use, and could fix some of the issues the New 52 has saddled other characters like Donna, Hawk and Dove with.

The current Teen Titans on the other hand... I read it for the first two years, before walking away at Villains Month. I should have bailed a lot earlier, because I really wasn't enjoying it and liked all of the characters less with every issue I read, and I see nothing in what I've heard about the title as it is now that tempts me to come back. Part of the appeal of Titans Hunt for me is that it's running in complete isolation from that book. The rest is that I like the characters it's using. Even Gnarkk.

Extraordinary Member

DC should have just used Mal instead of making Wally black.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    it's depressing to see that not a lot of people picked up Titans Hunt. for me this is the biggest story in years as I've been begging DC to reestablish the Titans' history. but i agree a crossover is a bad idea. we dont need the utter mess that the regular monthly has become bogging down Hunt. if a new series spins out of this mini I really hope DC promotes the hell out of it and gives it the attention it deserves.
    I think people are very skeptical -- and it doesn't help that the second issue was more of the same of the first issue. Abnett needs to pick up the pace on this! And the sooner the guys are dressed like they were on the cover of Titans Hunt #1 -- the better!

I have to agree that the Titans Hunt team just comes across as a knockoff Justice League team. What made that original team unique, and different from the JL team, was that they grew up together. They've known each other since they were kids and their dynamics are different. It was more like family, similar to the X-Men, rather than it being some JL/Avenger hero team.

But all that history is gone and they are now coming together as adults. Just like the Justice League. You can try to force in some makeshift backstory where they apparently knew each other when they were older teens, but it doesn't really work, especially when the main JL team is so young. I mean apparently this Titans team knew each other when they were 16-17, but at the same time 18 year old Cyborg and 18 year old Wonder Woman were just joining the Justice League as well.

Though the characterization in HUNT purposefully leaves much to be desired and the pace may be deliberately slow (12issues allows for along arc), I still intrigued by the writing and enjoying the art

I find Ian Churchill to be a very odd choice for a TEEN book as his is not a style that lends itself to portraying age differences of characters. the creative team doesn't hook me. I'll wait on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    After depushing the original titans in every way in this new 52 universe, it doesn't surprise me that sales are low (thanks DC).
    Anyway it's better to stay far away from the mess it is the current Teen Titans book and roster.

If some redhead guy could rise at the end of this 12 issue book, maybe we could have the right push that original Titans deserve.
    I'm sorry but i'm pretty sure this is the guy that will be showing up best you can hope for is a better costume.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Though the characterization in HUNT purposefully leaves much to be desired and the pace may be deliberately slow (12issues allows for along arc), I still intrigued by the writing and enjoying the art

I find Ian Churchill to be a very odd choice for a TEEN book as his is not a style that lends itself to portraying age differences of characters. the creative team doesn't hook me. I'll wait on this one...
    DC put him on Supergirl and Ravagers so it's less him drawing teens and probably more for his sexualization of characters. But then again it's just my tinfoil hat theory.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post

Hoping for an a guy with red hair and is the same age as the rest of the team is why I am reading this series.
    I have no beef with Vegans